Shipping Harley, tools and bed to bohol

Scooter
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Guy F. said:

Get on Facebook and look for Da Mon in Bohol. He has a pair of really nice large motorcycles and probably can enlighten you about regulations.

Awesome thank you very much

Scooter
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Guy F. said:

Get on Facebook and look for Da Mon in Bohol. He has a pair of really nice large motorcycles and probably can enlighten you about regulations.

That wasn't as easy as expected.  I've searched for the better part of an hour with no such luck. I tried every city that came up for Bohol Da Mon I did not see. 

Guy F.
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Scooter said:

That wasn't as easy as expected.  I've searched for the better part of an hour with no such luck. I tried every city that came up for Bohol Da Mon I did not see. 

Sent you a PM.

• Love it 1

Gator
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 7/12/2022 at 11:02 PM, Scooter said:

Those are nice bikes . I'd love to talk to him if possible. Bikers do normally keep to them selves and only talk to a select group of people. I myself have owned many Harleys and live the same way . I've got a 2019 low rider currently. From what I'm finding online it costs about 1.3-1.5 million for a 2022 low rider in Philippines. And at that price my best bet is to sell mine but a new one here for 17k and have Harley ship it there for 2 k still be cheaper than the crazy 1.3 million there. 

Auto manufacturers like BMW and Mercedes allow consumers to buy their cars in the USA and take delivery in Germany. But there is a time limit that the car can driven in Europe before it has to be exported to the USA. Harley may offer a similar program, but I doubt Harley offers a program where you buy it in the USA and take delivery in the Philippines AND keep it there. Even if possible you’d still be subject to paying import duty and VAT, which would bring it up to the same price (if not more) then what you’d pay for a new one there. 

I have an ‘03 FLHR SEi2 Anniversary Edition (Road King CVO Screaming Eagle). Just before covid hit I looked into shipping it from Florida and the overall cost just wasn’t worth it. Plus factor in the limited areas where you can ride and fully enjoy it. If I do get a Harley when I retire there next year, I’d consider a smaller and lighter one, like a Street Bob, and I’d bite the bullet and purchase it there from a dealer. Or look for a clean late model Mwell maintained used one. 

8063F2EE-1F43-4E5A-BAB9-47E25E804F00.jpeg

Above: My “toy” at the Wright Brothers Memorial. Two legends that “got off the ground” in 1903 😁

Edited by Gator
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
On 7/13/2022 at 11:02 AM, Scooter said:

Those are nice bikes . I'd love to talk to him if possible. Bikers do normally keep to them selves and only talk to a select group of people. I myself have owned many Harleys and live the same way . I've got a 2019 low rider currently. From what I'm finding online it costs about 1.3-1.5 million for a 2022 low rider in Philippines. And at that price my best bet is to sell mine but a new one here for 17k and have Harley ship it there for 2 k still be cheaper than the crazy 1.3 million there. 

You will also need to pay customs fees, VAT tax, and Ad Valorem tax.  As Harleys have a large displacement engine, compared to most bikes sold here, I am guessing you would be close to the 100% Ad Valorem tax based on displacement.  

So the fees to get a new 17K Harley here;  Bike - 17K, Shipping 2K, Duty 6.8K, VAT 1.7k, Ad Valorem between 2,550 and 17,000

Total cost (assuming no other fees) between $30,050 and $44,500  Based on engine size I expect it would be at the top end end of this range.  I have high lighted about how the value of the bike is determined.  Not sure if they would value it at 17K (Blue book) or the value of a new Harley here in the Philippines?  This is the Philippines and you have to live by their rules.

Where did I get those numbers you ask.  Google "import fees harley davidson philippines"  

<snip>Yes. Whether brand-new or used, purchased or donated, the imported vehicle is subject to 40% Customs duty, 10% VAT and Ad Valorem Tax from 15% to 100% depending on its piston displacement. Its book value serves as the tax and not the purchase price nor the acquisition cost. The book value is sourced from universally accepted motor vehicle reference books such as the Red Book, Blue Book, World Book depending on the origin of the imported vehicle.<end snip>

Scooter
Posted
Posted
On 7/14/2022 at 3:42 PM, Mike J said:

You will also need to pay customs fees, VAT tax, and Ad Valorem tax.  As Harleys have a large displacement engine, compared to most bikes sold here, I am guessing you would be close to the 100% Ad Valorem tax based on displacement.  

So the fees to get a new 17K Harley here;  Bike - 17K, Shipping 2K, Duty 6.8K, VAT 1.7k, Ad Valorem between 2,550 and 17,000

Total cost (assuming no other fees) between $30,050 and $44,500  Based on engine size I expect it would be at the top end end of this range.  I have high lighted about how the value of the bike is determined.  Not sure if they would value it at 17K (Blue book) or the value of a new Harley here in the Philippines?  This is the Philippines and you have to live by their rules.

Where did I get those numbers you ask.  Google "import fees harley davidson philippines"  

<snip>Yes. Whether brand-new or used, purchased or donated, the imported vehicle is subject to 40% Customs duty, 10% VAT and Ad Valorem Tax from 15% to 100% depending on its piston displacement. Its book value serves as the tax and not the purchase price nor the acquisition cost. The book value is sourced from universally accepted motor vehicle reference books such as the Red Book, Blue Book, World Book depending on the origin of the imported vehicle.<end snip>

I've given up on getting my bike there . Not worth the cost thanks to all your guys Info. Sad to say it but I'm selling it . Thank you all

baronapart
Posted
Posted
On 7/15/2022 at 6:06 PM, Scooter said:

I've given up on getting my bike there . Not worth the cost thanks to all your guys Info. Sad to say it but I'm selling it . Thank you all

Good man. They'll have you riding a Honda Click in no time! ;-)

• Haha 1

Scooter
Posted
Posted
On 7/21/2022 at 5:17 AM, baronapart said:

Good man. They'll have you riding a Honda Click in no time! ;-)

Oh your not right sir lol

• Haha 3