Travel to AU Questions

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Surely they are not pulling people over to look if the car seat is AUJ approved????

I doubt they'll be doing that, but if they do just say the Australian Standards sticker was pulled off by the kids.  That's the only thing they'd be looking for.

image.png

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Surely they are not pulling people over to look if the car seat is AUJ approved????

The police do book people for not having a child restrained in a car seat.  Technically it’s ‘approved car seat’ but in practice nothing would happen unless there was a car accident and the coroner was examining the vehicle (and probably not even then).

• Like 3

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Yes mate, all the common stuff is available over the counter.  Codeine is prescription only now though. 

When I was in aussie in October they were talking about needing a prescription for Paracetamol as well, due to people using it to commit suicide.

What next, banning Bunnings from selling excess lengths of Rubber hoses that can fit an exhaust pipe?

• Sad 1

Colsie
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Onemore52 said:

When I was in aussie in October they were talking about needing a prescription for Paracetamol as well, due to people using it to commit suicide.

What next, banning Bunnings from selling excess lengths of Rubber hoses that can fit an exhaust pipe?

I'm in Aus with the GF now and she's got a cold, so went the pharmacy... 

I asked the pharmacist for some cold and flu medicine, off she went, only to return 5 minutes later with some Codral tablets. As I go to pay, she tells me I need a current WA driving licence...After a bit of argie bargie, I convince her to accept my Philippine license...then she says, I'll need something like an electric bill or something with your residential address... again, I explain that I'm on holiday and she finally accepts my Airbnb address that I've conjured up on my phone... So all done about 20 mins later and $16 lighter I finally head out... 

I take the tablets to my girl, she opens the box and says "their too big".... "what I've got to take two of them, no I don't want to take them, I feel better now" 😂😂😂😂

Edited by Colsie
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

The article I read recently said it was more about restricting excessive use leading to organ damage (not suicide) by limiting the pack size and requiring ID for purchasing larger amounts.

At the moment I can walk in and buy a packet of 100 Panamax (500mg Paracetamol) tablets for under $5 AU, the proposal is for packets to be limited to 16 tablets and if you want to buy more than that then you'll need to provide ID.

That seems like a reasonable compromise to me but YMMV.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 2

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

The article I read recently said it was more about restricting excessive use leading to organ damage (not suicide) by limiting the pack size and requiring ID for purchasing larger amounts.

At the moment I can walk in and buy a packet of 100 Panamax (500mg Paracetamol) tablets for under $5 AU, the proposal is for packets to be limited to 16 tablets and if you want to buy more than that then you'll need to provide ID.

But Geoff I was told the suicide story from a taxi driver in county New South Wales, who got it from another cabbie.

• Haha 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
56 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

In the UK, the maximum purchase is 16 in supermarkets and 32 in pharmacies.  Of course, there is nothing to stop someone buying from multiple outlets in a few minutes as no ID is required but if someone is intent on misusing them what can you do?  

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Having fun at Nais terminal 3IMG20221217204840.jpg

• Sad 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Immigration.  1.5 hours in the senior line.

IMG20221217215539.jpg

• Sad 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Immigration.  1.5 hours in the senior line.

IMG20221217215539.jpg

There's a lot of non-seniors in that line.. 

Safe travels mate. 

• Like 3