Members location in the Philippines?

Nickleback99
Posted
Posted
On 1/19/2023 at 6:03 PM, Mike J said:

Moalboal here, and it appears we are neighbors if you can swim like a dolphin.  :tongue:

Or swim like The Zohan.  Nobody Messes Wiith the Zohan.  :hystery:

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
On 1/23/2023 at 2:23 AM, Baluoyolo said:

Where can I put a pin on the map?

We have so far always lived in the Pasig area in Metro Manila, largely due to my own preconceptions of convenience - Pasig was the first place I spent a nontrivial amount of time, and I liked it as a place to live and work. Most especially, it felt quite safe a neighborhood to go on midnight walks around the city, although my wife called me crazy for doing it. I still do it all the time when we are living in the Philippines.

There is one time a scooter with two thugs stopped near me very suspiciously but took off as soon as I gave them my East European evil eye. I wonder if they might have tried to mug me if I were a smaller guy... have considered talking to my shady in-laws about obtaining a revolver just in case, for future night-walks.

Download and install Google Earth.  After installing it you have the ability to add push pins.  Then you can do a screen capture with "CTRL + Prt Scr", then right click and past into your message.   At least that is how I do it here in Moalboal.

image.png

• Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
42 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Download and install Google Earth.  After installing it you have the ability to add push pins.  Then you can do a screen capture with "CTRL + Prt Scr", then right click and past into your message.   At least that is how I do it here in Moalboal.

image.png

You can do it with Google "My Maps" as well.  https://www.google.com/maps/about/mymaps/

• Like 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Imus area, Cavite in one of the new subdivisions. 

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

We've got a house in a subdivision at Bugo which is to the east of Cagayan De Oro (although it's basically city the whole way between Bugo and the center of CDO).

image.jpeg

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
CebuAndy
Posted
Posted

I'm curious about more Members location in the Philippines?

(I bumped that Up nicely)

• Haha 2

OzeMike
Posted
Posted

Talay a suburb of Dumaguete City Negros Oriental 

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
On 1/23/2023 at 8:04 PM, GeoffH said:

We've got a house in a subdivision at Bugo which is to the east of Cagayan De Oro (although it's basically city the whole way between Bugo and the center of CDO).

image.jpeg

Is your place at a higher elevation Geoff?

I visited the Del Monte plantation way above CDO it was at least ten degrees cooler there.

• Like 1

P_X
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 1/20/2023 at 10:03 AM, Mike J said:

Moalboal here, and it appears we are neighbors if you can swim like a dolphin.  :tongue:

My dentist is taking us to moalboal this Sunday to go to the beach. It's gunna be my wife and I's first time there. Looking forward to it.  I hear it's beautiful there 

Oh and we're in cebu near cclex Bridge.  Lapu lapu/cordova area

Edited by P_X
  • Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, P_X said:

My dentist is taking us to moalboal this Sunday to go to the beach. It's gunna be my wide and I's first time there. Looking forward to it.  I hear it's beautiful there 

You guys will enjoy Moalboal. Be sure to go snorkeling or if you SCUBA dive it's got fine dive sites. Some good restaurants but a bit pricey due to the many Foreigners visiting to SCUBA dive.

There is an amazing Orchid nursery outside town if you are interested in flowers. Update; the nursery is no longer open.

Edited by Old55
  • Like 2