Members location in the Philippines?

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, P_X said:

My dentist is taking us to moalboal this Sunday to go to the beach. It's gunna be my wife and I's first time there. Looking forward to it.  I hear it's beautiful there 

Oh and we're in cebu near cclex Bridge.  Lapu lapu/cordova area

I think you will enjoy your visit.  It will be even more busy than normal because of Easter.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Old55 said:

You guys will enjoy Moalboal. Be sure to go snorkeling or if you SCUBA dive it's got fine dive sites. Some good restaurants but a bit pricey due to the many Foreigners visiting to SCUBA dive.

There is an amazing Orchid nursery outside town if you are interested in flowers. 

The orchid nursery went of out business quite a few years back.  A shame because it was a real feast for the eyes, especially if you love flowers.   I wonder if it started as a hobby that turned into a business that lost money?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Viking
Posted
Posted

We are located in Taytay Rizal, a suburb of Manila.

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Old55 said:

I visited the Del Monte plantation way above CDO it was at least ten degrees cooler there.

Not that high but we're on the edge of the forests in a valley so we get a mix of cool sea breezes (a few kms away) and winds from the hills behind us.

We're generally a few degrees cooler than the center of CDO but definitely not 10 degrees.

• Like 2

P_X
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Old55 said:

You guys will enjoy Moalboal. Be sure to go snorkeling or if you SCUBA dive it's got fine dive sites. Some good restaurants but a bit pricey due to the many Foreigners visiting to SCUBA dive.

There is an amazing Orchid nursery outside town if you are interested in flowers. 

Sounds fantastic.  We're looking forward to finally getting out and about.  My dental work was time consuming and required me to stay around the area. Now that it's finished we can finally do more fun things. 

Thanks for the tips. It's on his dime so I'm not clear as to what he has in mind other than the beach. I'd certainly love to snorkel. 

Regardless I'm sure it'll be a blast 

P_X
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Mike J said:

I think you will enjoy your visit.  It will be even more busy than normal because of Easter.

Yeah I'm excited.  I think it'll be fun. And tomorrow we're going to my wife's place up in taptap. Going to be busy the next few days seeing the sights.

Gator
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, P_X said:

other than the beach. I'd certainly love to snorkel. 

Not sure how much off the beach swimming or snorkeling you’ve done here, so excuse me if I’m telling you something you already know. And also for the sake of others who may not familiar with the beaches here, they should be aware of the sharp corals, garbage, broken glass, etc at the waters edge and even beyond. I’d certainly recommend a good pair of surf shoes. The last you want to do is get your foot sliced open and a subsequent infection that would be sure to follow. 

There are plenty of dive shops in Moalboal. Easy (and cheap) to rent a mask, snorkel and fins. Even a light weight wetsuit if you’re so inclined. 

• Like 3

P_X
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Gator said:

Not sure how much off the beach swimming or snorkeling you’ve done here, so excuse me if I’m telling you something you already know. And also for the sake of others who may not familiar with the beaches here, they should be aware of the sharp corals, garbage, broken glass, etc at the waters edge and even beyond. I’d certainly recommend a good pair of surf shoes. The last you want to do is get your foot sliced open and a subsequent infection that would be sure to follow. 

There are plenty of dive shops in Moalboal. Easy (and cheap) to rent a mask, snorkel and fins. Even a light weight wetsuit if you’re so inclined. 

Ya? Thanks bro, I had no clue about any of that as this will be my first time at a Cebu beach.

That's a bummer though.  A shame really. I know I will dislike seeing that kinda stuff in a place that would otherwise be astoundingly beautiful.  

• Like 3