Good Deal On A Mini Desktop Box

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Tempting.  Free shipping to Philippines.  Good reviews.  Windows 11.  Currently no duties and taxes up to $183.

https://amzn.to/3wjOODZ

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Major Tom
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Or.......

I’d be very wary of buying any renewed pc or any electronic devices.

CebuAndy
Posted
Posted

Maybe Amazon have a deal with customs in PR (same lazada etc) Else, import duty tax would normally hit when amount incl shipping reach 5,000php / 92 Usd.

However Amazon write "estimated" ..... 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Major Tom said:

I’d be very wary of buying any renewed pc or any electronic devices.

Yes, but at a certain price point, it might be worth the risk.  Amazon gives a 90 day warranty on renewed, and they have a whole store set up for it.

https://amzn.to/3Hp8ahy

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, CebuAndy said:

Maybe Amazon have a deal with customs in PR (same lazada etc) Else, import duty tax would normally hit when amount incl shipping reach 5,000php / 92 Usd.

However Amazon write "estimated" ..... 

No, as far as I know it has always been 10,000 pesos since they implemented "de minimis" in the Philippines a few years ago.

https://customs.gov.ph/boc-increases-de-minimis-from-p10-to-p10000/

Some commodities might not be included.  Other companies might be trying to rip off consumers.

The free shipping allows the value to be higher.  For instance, a DHL package might be $100 for shipping, so not much left over for the actual value of the products.

• Thanks 1

CebuAndy
Posted
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

No, as far as I know it has always been 10,000 pesos since they implemented "de minimis" in the Philippines a few years ago.

https://customs.gov.ph/boc-increases-de-minimis-from-p10-to-p10000/

Thank you for this info and link. I last imported to RP in year 2019, so my own  experience is now outdated. Appreciated.

Edit: I read that this was dated 

Edited by CebuAndy
Added info

hk blues
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Yes, but at a certain price point, it might be worth the risk.  Amazon gives a 90 day warranty on renewed, and they have a whole store set up for it.

Agree.

It's possibly a case where somebody has ordered, tried it out and returned it for little or no reason. Renewed is likely a catch-all for anything not new out of the box.  Often, it's only the box/packaging which is damaged.

I'd say it's worth the risk if you're in the market anyway.

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

The first one is a great deal, 11th Gen processor; granted it's a Celeron (dual-core) so you're not going to be playing too many games, but it's more than sufficient for what most non-gamers/graphic artists would use it for.  Paired with the SSD and 8gig or RAM, it'll be a great little box. 

The second one would actually out-perform the first as it's an i5 (quad-core) with 16 gig of RAM but it doesn't have the outputs of the first i.e. VGA and display only, no HDMI.  Not a big issue for the typical home user.  

hk blues
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

The first one is a great deal, 11th Gen processor; granted it's a Celeron (dual-core) so you're not going to be playing too many games, but it's more than sufficient for what most non-gamers/graphic artists would use it for.  Paired with the SSD and 8gig or RAM, it'll be a great little box. 

The second one would actually out-perform the first as it's an i5 (quad-core) with 16 gig of RAM but it doesn't have the outputs of the first i.e. VGA and display only, no HDMI.  Not a big issue for the typical home user.  

I have zero knowledge of such stuff, but if I'm not mistaken it's possible to get convertors to adapt the connections accordingly BUT it can lead to loss of quality.