Hello Everyone !!! Final Retirement Plans In Process

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Well that escalated quickly....

I have re-read all of this topic and still do not understand the OPs attitude. I see nothing but normal stuff like some may have missed something or some just trying to clarify what was said or what the exact situation is with him. I think it is him who has a problem. He says he treats others as they treat him but in fact its himself which is causing an issue and mainly with himself.

He has asked to be removed but I won't now, he can apologize for his bad attitude posts and we will move on but will he survive a month living here, l doubt it if he stays the same.

This is what he said, can anyone really say that anything in this topic makes anyone think someone else is being rude other than after he decided to call members out?

RockinFray ( rockinfray@outlook.com ) said:
You can take me off your forum if you would like. I have received many negative responses to my opening post, and I did not post anything but excitement for my new venture, only to receive Rude, Bully responses. So again, if you think I was responding to a couple posts too hard, I was defending my happiness. Some of the members on your forum are not people I take advice from. I treat people exactly how they treat me, as I always start out polite and chipper, as per my initial post. So Please, delete my account as I looked to do it myself but did not find the option.

A persons character is not determined by how long he/she has been on this forum.

Have A Good Day

RockinFray

• Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I have re-read all of this topic and still do not understand the OPs attitude. I see nothing but normal stuff like some may have missed something or some just trying to clarify what was said or what the exact situation is with him. I think it is him who has a problem. He says he treats others as they treat him but in fact its himself which is causing an issue and mainly with himself.

He has asked to be removed but I won't now, he can apologize for his bad attitude posts and we will move on but will he survive a month living here, l doubt it if he stays the same.

This is what he said, can anyone really say that anything in this topic makes anyone think someone else is being rude other than after he decided to call members out?

I agree 100%.  His attitude to people trying to assist was terrible.  He mistook members asking for clarification so they could could give the proper advice as somehow insulting.  That's on him.  My post was more directed at how quick he was to anger and then insult rather than show the same patience originally afforded him.  

• Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I can remember joining here all those years ago and asking for advice, and there was loads but some was jokingly especially answering another members advice given and sometimes I thought I did not ask about that , so what I use to do was read it again a few days later and that way you did understand that mainly everyone was here to help , yes you may get the one or two who did not like it here and they do tell you why they don’t like the place 

• Like 4

HappyJack
Posted
Posted

He had a NY attitude without the NY thick skin.  He will get himself bolo'd in da Probince. 

• Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Mike J said:

He was not really looking for advice.  He was looking for affirmation of his preconceived dreams of a new and better life in the "beautiful Philippines".  I can't help but wonder if he has been following the "live like a king on $1000 a month" sites.  Kind of ironic that the guy who has never been here is calling those of us who find pleasure living here as "angry unhappy jerks".     

Perhaps he should ask his family why they left.  I have no doubt they love PI, but....

As we all know, it's a great place to retire... For certain people.  Going in without being forewarned can be a disaster.  We've all seen it. 

Forewarned is forearmed. 

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 4

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Well I read his post and reply, if any of you have been on the site for a while, GJF is a master at handling disruptive posters. We had a bloke by the name of Capo I think it was, and he tried and tried to disrupt the forum, but our blue heeler soon got rid of him and guess what, the forum is still going and Di@@ heads like him need to get the chip off their shoulder before they come over here, if not someone will do it for him. 

hk blues
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, Clermont said:

Well I read his post and reply, if any of you have been on the site for a while, GJF is a master at handling disruptive posters. We had a bloke by the name of Capo I think it was, and he tried and tried to disrupt the forum, but our blue heeler soon got rid of him and guess what, the forum is still going and Di@@ heads like him need to get the chip off their shoulder before they come over here, if not someone will do it for him. 

For sure, but I'd wager the majority of folk who sound off online wouldn't say boo to a goose in the real world.  

• Like 1