Renewing 13A Permanent Resident ACR Card

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Just out of interest, I wonder how getting somebody else to do the renewal would work with regards to photo taking etc.  When I had mine renewed it was all done digitally with the photo and finger prints etc transmitted via their online system.  Perhaps they have a hard copy back-up in such cases?  Or simply use the old photo! 

Someone asked about this on the Angeles Expat FB group.  A guy who used an agent for his 13a renewal said they use the picture taken at the annual report and no fingerprints.  Not sure why new fingerprints would be needed.

The agent I used had me give a copy of my receipt for my annual report.

• Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, OnMyWay said:

Someone asked about this on the Angeles Expat FB group.  A guy who used an agent for his 13a renewal said they use the picture taken at the annual report and no fingerprints.  Not sure why new fingerprints would be needed.

The agent I used had me give a copy of my receipt for my annual report.

That makes sense now as the Annual Report process now includes the digital photo - I don't know what they did previously when no photo was taken as part of the AR process but I guess it's immaterial now.  Agree on the fingerprints, it's a one-time process and once they are in the system they don't need updated as they don't change (AFAIK). 

In fact, I wonder why the whole renewal can't be done online in the same way as many countries do passport renewal. Would cost the agents a fair bit of business so maybe I've just answered my own question!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Would cost the agents a fair bit of business so maybe I've just answered my own question!

And the same for why don't they allow all offices to accepts and forward to Manila.  Simple stuff that they do everyday with other types of work.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

And the same for why don't they allow all offices to accepts and forward to Manila.  Simple stuff that they do everyday with other types of work.

I assume in the past it was something to do with them not having the IT set-up in some offices.  It wasn't simply a  matter of handing in the form - digital phots were taken as were digital fingerprints and these were all transmitted electronically through their IT system - this seemed to be a dedicated system just for 13a as it was in a separate office within the building.  

However, maybe the current AR system negates the above but nobody has though to amend local practices yet.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

digital phots were taken as were digital fingerprints and these were all transmitted electronically through their IT system

I could have my 8 year old bring them up to speed! :hystery:

• Haha 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I could have my 8 year old bring them up to speed! :hystery:

Indeed.

In the Iloilo BI there is a dedicated 13a staff member so maybe it's also something to do with human resources.  

Not really a valid reason not to allow folk to hand in their documents for renewal though - it's literally a one-page form and a copy of visa and passport IIRC. 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Indeed.

In the Iloilo BI there is a dedicated 13a staff member so maybe it's also something to do with human resources.  

Not really a valid reason not to allow folk to hand in their documents for renewal though - it's literally a one-page form and a copy of visa and passport IIRC. 

Yes, I meant the renewal.  Getting the initial 13a requires the office to have an in-house attorney.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 2/26/2023 at 7:20 PM, jimeve said:

My wife wants to renew my 13a permanent card as I can't travel on those damned buses and it's a 7 hour drive from Dumaguete to Cebu City. Will she be allowed to do this?

The only alternative is to fly to Cebu! I got quoted 15k from an agent to renew my card.

All she needs is a SPA, Special Power of Attorney. A lawyer does it, probably costing P2000. A SPA can only be used for a particular task. Since you are of age and unable to travel this is a good option for the wife to do the task for you. Others here talk about agents doing it, yes they must show the BI accreditation. 

Read number 6 at the top of the checklist

https://immigration.gov.ph/images/FORMS/Checklist/4AlienRegistration/2. CDR ACR I-Card Issuance.pdf

Application form

https://immigration.gov.ph/images/FORMS/VariousApplicationsForms/4. Application Form for ACR I-CARD NEW.pdf

• Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

All she needs is a SPA, Special Power of Attorney. A lawyer does it, probably costing P2000. A SPA can only be used for a particular task. Since you are of age and unable to travel this is a good option for the wife to do the task for you. Others here talk about agents doing it, yes they must show the BI accreditation. 

Read number 6 at the top of the checklist

https://immigration.gov.ph/images/FORMS/Checklist/4AlienRegistration/2. CDR ACR I-Card Issuance.pdf

Application form

https://immigration.gov.ph/images/FORMS/VariousApplicationsForms/4. Application Form for ACR I-CARD NEW.pdf

Those are not the forms for renewal of 13a permanent resident ACR card.  I will see if I can find it.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Those are not the forms for renewal of 13a permanent resident ACR card.  I will see if I can find it.

Try this one but still he does not have to do it himself, https://immigration.gov.ph/images/FORMS/FY_2019/ACR_I-Card/2015-08-002-ACR_I-Card_Renewal.pdf

• Thanks 1