Renewing 13A Permanent Resident ACR Card

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jimeve said:

Thanks anyway, just hahttps://immigration.gov.ph/images/FORMS/FY_2019/ACR_I-Card/2015-08-002-ACR_I-Card_Renewal.pdfd a little search and fond out this...

Pretty easy process - just fill in the form you've attached and bring latest passport and also the one which has Visa sticker.  They will keep the ACR card so take a copy if you need it for anything.  I had my photo taken and fingerprint electronically but I assume this is a 1st time only process.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, hk blues said:

Pretty easy process - just fill in the form you've attached and bring latest passport and also the one which has Visa sticker.  They will keep the ACR card so take a copy if you need it for anything.  I had my photo taken and fingerprint electronically but I assume this is a 1st time only process.  

Easy if you are near an office that does it.  If not, probably more cost and time effective to use an agent.

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Easy if you are near an office that does it.  If not, probably more cost and time effective to use an agent.

Now that they have the photo and fingerprint online an agent would work - I wonder how this would have worked in the past when the photo and fingerprints were done manually so wouldn't a personal visit have been needed?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
51 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Now that they have the photo and fingerprint online an agent would work - I wonder how this would have worked in the past when the photo and fingerprints were done manually so wouldn't a personal visit have been needed?

I think the agents have ways to get things done and have done if for a long time.  No fingerprints when I renewed.  Not sure why they would need new fingerprints for a renewal.  I can't remember if I gave the agent a photo.

I think the agent I used here in Subic can also handle doing other areas by using a courier.  They were only 10.5.  If you can't find someone local and are interested, let me know, and I will ask.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

I think the agents have ways to get things done and have done if for a long time.  No fingerprints when I renewed.  Not sure why they would need new fingerprints for a renewal.  I can't remember if I gave the agent a photo.

I think the agent I used here in Subic can also handle doing other areas by using a courier.  They were only 10.5.  If you can't find someone local and are interested, let me know, and I will ask.

I definitely had to do a new set of fingerprints when I renewed but they were digitally captured whilst the 1st set were manual - that may explain why they were needed for that renewal but I'd assume they won't be needed next time UNLESS that is how they verify that I'm still me. Each AR a photo is taken so I'd imagine they can use the latest one for ACR.  

Thanks for the offer but I don't need to use an agent - my BI office is a 10-minute drive and It gives me an afternoon of freedom once very 5 years!  

10.5k for an ACR renewal seems pricey to me but then again I have no idea of the going rate as I don't need one.  

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Thanks for the offer but I don't need to use an agent - my BI office is a 10-minute drive and It gives me an afternoon of freedom once very 5 years! 

I didn't really mean you but others might have a need.

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

10.5k for an ACR renewal seems pricey to me but then again I have no idea of the going rate as I don't need one.  

Several have mentioned 15k, so that is why I mentioned the 10.5 k.  Even with courier fees, might work for some.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
jimeve
Posted
Posted
On 8/12/2023 at 3:21 PM, OnMyWay said:

Several have mentioned 15k, so that is why I mentioned the 10.5 k.  Even with courier fees, might work for some.

jimeve
Posted
Posted
Just now, jimeve said:
On 8/12/2023 at 3:21 PM, OnMyWay said:

What a day I'v had, been told I need lawyer to notify an agent to act for me, then the lawyer told me I need a doctor to give a letter that I'm unfit to travel on the bus to Cebu for the lawyer. The doctor said why can't I fly I said it's cheaper to have an agent to do it for me

So I went to the agent and she said that I don't need a doctors letter or a lawyers letter. Great I said, until she said I need to do the BIO-METRICS!

Would I have to travel to Cebu to do my bio, when I'm unfit to travel? I have read that they can digital send the finger prints (pun not intended)

Now I know why so many foreigners get sick and overstay.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jimeve said:

What a day I'v had, been told I need lawyer to notify an agent to act for me, then the lawyer told me I need a doctor to give a letter that I'm unfit to travel on the bus to Cebu for the lawyer. The doctor said why can't I fly I said it's cheaper to have an agent to do it for me

So I went to the agent and she said that I don't need a doctors letter or a lawyers letter. Great I said, until she said I need to do the BIO-METRICS!

Would I have to travel to Cebu to do my bio, when I'm unfit to travel? I have read that they can digital send the finger prints (pun not intended)

Now I know why so many foreigners get sick and overstay.

You want to call the agent I used?  Let me know and I will dig the number.

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

You want to call the agent I used?  Let me know and I will dig the number.

Thanks, but it means sending my docs including passport by post to your agent. I don't trust Phil-post.

Thank you.