Renewing 13A Permanent Resident ACR Card

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Thanks, but it means sending my docs including passport by post to your agent. I don't trust Phil-post.

Thank you.

No, not post.  Courier.  Personally I would use Air 21.  The embassy uses them for passports.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, jimeve said:

What a day I'v had, been told I need lawyer to notify an agent to act for me, then the lawyer told me I need a doctor to give a letter that I'm unfit to travel on the bus to Cebu for the lawyer. The doctor said why can't I fly I said it's cheaper to have an agent to do it for me

So I went to the agent and she said that I don't need a doctors letter or a lawyers letter. Great I said, until she said I need to do the BIO-METRICS!

Would I have to travel to Cebu to do my bio, when I'm unfit to travel? I have read that they can digital send the finger prints (pun not intended)

Now I know why so many foreigners get sick and overstay.

On 2/27/2023 at 12:08 PM, hk blues said:

Just out of interest, I wonder how getting somebody else to do the renewal would work with regards to photo taking etc.  When I had mine renewed it was all done digitally with the photo and finger prints etc transmitted via their online system.  Perhaps they have a hard copy back-up in such cases?  Or simply use the old photo! 

I'm not totally surprised - I raised this exact point back in February but others suggested it wouldn't be an issue IIRC. 

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I'm not totally surprised - I raised this exact point back in February but others suggested it wouldn't be an issue IIRC. 

I think we came to the conclusion that they were using the photo from the annual report???  I just looked at my new ACR card.  I'm not sure where they got my photo and signature.  I did not take a photo or do biometrics for the ACR renewal.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I think we came to the conclusion that they were using the photo from the annual report???  I just looked at my new ACR card.  I'm not sure where they got my photo and signature.  I did not take a photo or do biometrics for the ACR renewal.

Here in Iloilo at least, we only started taking Photo and Fingerprint for the annual renewal in 2022, maybe 2021 so prior to that who knows?  I definitely had my photo and fingerprints taken when I renewed my ACR back in 2020 which makes sense. Perhaps not all locations are on the news setup, or even Jim's contact is out of date with their information.

jimeve
Posted
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Here in Iloilo at least, we only started taking Photo and Fingerprint for the annual renewal in 2022, maybe 2021 so prior to that who knows?  I definitely had my photo and fingerprints taken when I renewed my ACR back in 2020 which makes sense. Perhaps not all locations are on the news setup, or even Jim's contact is out of date with their information.

The lady looked a bit confused at the agents, I already told her that it was 13a spouse renewal, then she asked was it a 13a application. Another agent stepped in and took over.

Edited by jimeve
  • Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, jimeve said:

The lady looked a bit confused at the agents, I already told her that it was 13a spouse renewal, then she asked was it a 13a application. Another agent stepped in and took over.

If possible, I'd double check as the agent may be working on old rules. 

Can you remember if you had your photo and fingerprint taken previously for annual reporting? If not, you're probably up against it.  

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, hk blues said:

If possible, I'd double check as the agent may be working on old rules. 

Can you remember if you had your photo and fingerprint taken previously for annual reporting? If not, you're probably up against it.  

I can't remember. Going to try another agents.

• Like 1