Commendable local behavior

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 3/22/2023 at 10:14 AM, Freebie said:

And sadly this morning , two JoyRide riders with passengers both waved at me t to get out of the way as I was on a pedestrian crossing, Makati  Ave and De La Rosa. I walk across that crossing every day and its always a mixed bag.. sometimes cars and bikes stop but mostly its selfish inconsiderate bastards who have no idea what a pedestrian crossing is.  The more they beep ( whem Im on a crossing ) the much slower I seem to go.

I also find an arm raised and very confident stride tends to stop most adventurous cars, who think they can get across before me. Bikes are another matter.

Same problem here, they almost never stop, hand up helps. I love to stop for each and every pedestrian when driving, gives me great joy to hear the horns blaring behind me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

mountainside
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, BrettGC said:

A happy sailor is a sad sailor.

USMC: "the troops ain't happy unless they're bitching."  I was pretty happy, and bitched the whole way through . . .

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Wheelchair attendants at NAIA are forbidden from accepting tips from seniors, persons with disability, and pregnant women.  I fold a P200 note several times and try to palm them the money when shaking their hands.  Twice I have been refused.  The attendants claim the concessionaire for this service pays them a good salary.  I believe the airlines are charged whenever this service is provided.  

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

The boys are cheerful and helpful and I always slip them a tightly folded 20 discreetly.

Same when I shop.  The fellows that carry out the bags do appreciate it and I always see them smile when they see me returning to shop.

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted

Think this worth a mention. Our go to wine shop has no more stocks of our preferred wines, they are not interested in following up also. My partner was able to order on Shoppe, this worried me a little as coming from Manila, they agreed to COD so all good.

In less than a week the wine arrived here in Bacolod, talk about a wonderful over kill, every bottle was wrapped in bubble wrap, packed individually in a carton which was wrapped in bubble wrap. The whole box was wrapped in about 5 layers of bubble wrap....Probably able to drive a car over it without breakage, wonderful job that i gave top marks to upon reviews....

• Like 4