Best Method to Stay in the Philippines - Marriage or SRRV

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Back to the original question (eventually)-

None of my business or anybody else's but on one hand you have a reasonable monthly income yet on the other you are one step away from homeless.  It doesn't seem to compute in my mind.  

Also, please take this in the good faith it is intended, but you don't know ant of us yet are sharing details of your finances. Please be very careful of doing this as this will put a big ATM sign on your back.

Finally, you know your gf better than us but it's possibly the last option to marry at this stage rather than the first. Why not go down the tourist route for a while?

Good luck.

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Forget marriage, forget SRRV

Be a tourist for a while as others have said. Last night I went for a few drinks with friends and during the night met a few women. All turned out to be ladyboys which can be a pain in the ass but fun chatting. :hystery:

Point is, don't be in any hurry to secure something you may not need or want in the future. Life changes quickly so be sure. 

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, hk blues said:

a reasonable monthly income yet on the other you are one step away from homeless.

That's Canada for you.  Rents have become unrealistic for a person on a pension.  However, there is nothing to stop a guy from getting a room mate and sharing it.  Still, the Philippines is probably a better option.  Unless the op can find a Filipina wife and bring her back to Canada and send her out to work to pay her share of the bill's 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, snowy-owl said:

I would then have enough for the required $20,000 deposit I would need.

Unless something has changed in the past year or two, US$10,000 was the required deposit for non-military.

mountainside
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, hk blues said:

Whilst the two island rule seems logical, isn't it a little outdated and less effective than it once was

You're right -- I'd overgeneralized.  The "two island rule" prevents intrusions on personal physical privacy, but that's all.  I wholeheartedly agree that one needs to know what the family situation is before making any serious commitments.  I took the time to perform my own due diligence before becoming committed to my wife.  I'm very fortunate for having found both a fine wife and a fine wife's family.  Had I married into a toxic family, we'd never be able to escape it, even here in the US.

• Like 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

All turned out to be ladyboys

Arms, shoulders, Adams apple, face tooo pretty .. more selfies than a normal gal., theres always clues when you look.........or maybe they were drinking Bud light... lol

• Haha 5

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Unless something has changed in the past year or two, US$10,000 was the required deposit for non-military.

$20,000 if no monthly income over $800

23 minutes ago, Freebie said:

Arms, shoulders, Adams apple, face tooo pretty

Wrong adjective? Unless you've been drinking the Bud :laugh:

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Kingpin said:

$20,000 if no monthly income over $800

They can be fussy about where the income comes from too, they wouldn't accept my superannuation income stream as 'a pension' when I enquired.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Hmm thinking 1

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Unless the op can find a Filipina wife and bring her back to Canada and send her out to work to pay her share of the bill's 

And there speaks an experienced man, walking the walk.  :thumbsup: 

• Like 2
  • Love it 1