Best Method to Stay in the Philippines - Marriage or SRRV

Viking
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Freebie said:

Arms, shoulders, Adams apple, face tooo pretty .. more selfies than a normal gal., theres always clues when you look.

True, when you know what to look for, but when I first arrived here 30 years ago I had no idea what a ladyboy was. I was a bit shocked that it was so common here. Now I can usually spot them easily. I have no problems with them and they can actually be quite funny and easy to talk to. 

• Like 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
On 4/15/2023 at 5:10 PM, Freebie said:

Arms, shoulders, Adams apple, face tooo pretty .. more selfies than a normal gal., theres always clues when you look.........or maybe they were drinking Bud light... lol

image.jpeg

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
On 4/15/2023 at 8:22 PM, Viking said:

I have no problems with them and they can actually be quite funny and easy to talk to. 

Bummer!

• Haha 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted
On 4/15/2023 at 8:22 PM, Viking said:

True, when you know what to look for, but when I first arrived here 30 years ago I had no idea what a ladyboy was

So there I was enjoying a weeks in Patpong , in approx 1982, having  been in Saudi for a year and I was seriously enjoying.

Perhaps too much, one evening. Went into the gents and a German guy ( funny the memories that stay with you ) suggested I check the undercarriage of my " companion".

He was right. I checked bin and went in search of someone with female parts. Near miss averted.

• Haha 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
50 minutes ago, Freebie said:

So there I was enjoying a weeks in Patpong , in approx 1982, having  been in Saudi for a year and I was seriously enjoying.

Perhaps too much, one evening. Went into the gents and a German guy ( funny the memories that stay with you ) suggested I check the undercarriage of my " companion".

He was right. I checked bin and went in search of someone with female parts. Near miss averted.

How exactly did you check his credentials? 

• Haha 4

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Some excellent advice in this thread. Cannot comment on SRRV because never considered it but my 2 cents:

The two biggest mistakes are
1. Jumping into a marriage
2. Jumping into buying/building a house

Oh forgot one:
3. Posting personal info, especially financial, on forums

• Like 5

Joey G
Posted
Posted

Everything everyone said.... and figure out your heath situation/insurance as well... at a minimum get a dentist and a doctor... and know your hospital options.... if you're going to stay any length of time... don't underestimate the importance of this. 

• Like 2

Possum
Posted
Posted (edited)

With all due respect to the OP you should never post your income on any form of internet. Getting married is not needed for staying in the Philippines as the visitor visa can be renewed incrementally for up to 3 years. That said you could enjoy a modest lifestyle here. Getting married for a visa is not recommended in any country. In the Philippines it can ruin your life and threaten your freedom in more ways than one.

Come and enjoy the Philippines but make sure you have enough saved to go back to Canada for any emergencies

that may arise. Trust me, they will arise.

Edited by Greglm

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 4/15/2023 at 8:54 AM, Rooster said:

You alone control your destiny with the SRRV and can stay single. Consider the likelihood that you may find another besides your present girlfriend/future wife which happens frequently here. The SRRV provides that flexibility.

This alone is a deciding factor for so many.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 4/15/2023 at 2:02 PM, Tommy T. said:

Literally!:whistling:

Don't worry, I knew what or who they are and my date was uneventful as just chatting and having a good night out.

On 4/15/2023 at 5:10 PM, Freebie said:

Arms, shoulders, Adams apple, face tooo pretty .. more selfies than a normal gal., theres always clues when you look.........or maybe they were drinking Bud light... lol

As above but honestly, many of them l find fun to talk to and many are good guys,  girls.  One with huge hooters showed me her naked photo and unfortunately, hers was bigger than mine  :thumbsup:

What was this topic again? :tongue: