Wife built a new house. What will we need when we see it for the first time in July?

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, JoeLansing said:

Oh, and can I legally get a decent spring air pellet gun down there?  According to the wife we'll have lots of cool snakes (lots of cobras), and rats, and monitor lizards and who knows what else in my yard.  I asked the wife if I could catch a cobra down there and she said "No problem, lots of them in our back yard".  I was happy!  Then I did some reading and they have king cobras which are fine, but their common one is the 3'-5' long Samar Cobra/Southern Philippine cobra which spits venom up to 10 feet.  So now I'm sad, no catching them for me.  But strong pellet rifle would be fun!

Air guns, along with regular firearms, are illegal for foreigners. I have a wrist rocket slingshot and steel ball bearings.

If your wife is still a Philippines citizen, she can apply for a firearms permit.

Strictly speaking, according to Philippines Federal law, to get a firearms permit one must be able to prove that one paid taxes in the Philippines last year, and some other weird shit. Practically speaking, your mileage will vary. At the gun store near the old bridge in Tagbilaran they said all that's needed is a clearance from the local police chief.

My wife's brother was supposed to keep an eye on things while our Winter Palace was under construction. He has plenty of experience by Philippines standards. I think he spent most of his time huffing rubber cement.

Edited by Guy F.
  • Haha 4

Possum
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, Guy F. said:

Air guns, along with regular firearms, are illegal for foreigners. I have a wrist rocket slingshot and steel ball bearings.

How did you get that? I looked into it to discourage some of the feral dogs and cats but couldn't find one here. Wife got a permit to buy and carry a firearm. She bought two but it's against the law to even scare a dog or cat with a gun here. Frustrating. A friends 7 year old daughter was bitten by a free roaming neighbors dog. The person who owns the dog disclaimed any knowledge of the dog. So the child had to get rabies shots at her mom's expense. 18000 peso.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Greglm said:

How did you get that? I looked into it to discourage some of the feral dogs and cats but couldn't find one here. Wife got a permit to buy and carry a firearm. She bought two but it's against the law to even scare a dog or cat with a gun here. Frustrating. A friends 7 year old daughter was bitten by a free roaming neighbors dog. The person who owns the dog disclaimed any knowledge of the dog. So the child had to get rabies shots at her mom's expense. 18000 peso.

Imported it from the US in my luggage.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Greglm said:

So the child had to get rabies shots at her mom's expense. 18000 peso.

Our pet cat bit our son a month back. We took him to the local public hospital and received the 4 required shots over a 4-week period for the princely sum of zero (the son, not the cat!).   And, despite many horror stories with public hospitals they were in and out in 30-60 minutes each time. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Possum
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Guy F. said:

Imported it from the US in my luggage.

Thanks, we are on vacation in the US now. :smile:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, JoeLansing said:

I dunno how quoting here works, so I'm rolling my own.

Highlight what parts you want to quote. 

highlight.PNG

OR

Quote the whole post

quote 1.PNG

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Greglm said:

How did you get that?

You can buy wrist rocket style slingshots on Lazada and Shopee.

I don't think Airsoft guns firing non-lethal plastic bbs are illegal for foreigners to own.  We have discussed this before and I don't think there is definitive source saying it is illegal.  I bought my Airsoft pistol at a mall in Angeles.  We have an Airsoft gun shop here in Olongapo. 

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Peaceful John said:

Interesting JJ.  I wonder if a male mosquito that identifies as a female will bite me?  

Absolutely!  At least it is implied in the current social media trend on sexuality.

• Haha 3