Wife built a new house. What will we need when we see it for the first time in July?

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, JJReyes said:

They also had grilled balut advertised as the latest craze in the Philippines.  Anyone know about this or have tried it? 

Never heard of it.  Did a bit of Google searching and it appears to be primarily a Luzon craze.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, JoeLansing said:

Thank you for all the weed whacker info.  You got me reading up on the weed eaters.  It sure does seem like TD40 or Honda GX25,GX35,GX50 are the way to go.  I'm leaning toward a GX35, hopefully with the pole saw (mini chain saw) attachment also.  I'll probably buy at Citi, Wilcon or some other legit hardware if I can find one.  There are so many clones of them I want to buy in person.  There's also some great YouTube videos on how to tell genuine Honda from a clone.  

Not sure what your landscape is but I was able to buy a Snapper brand lawnmower from Lazada.  Has a Briggs and Stratton engine, works great and so far no problems.  

JoeLansing
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

Not sure what your landscape is but I was able to buy a Snapper brand lawnmower from Lazada.  Has a Briggs and Stratton engine, works great and so far no problems.  

Well, the landscape isn't great.  I think it is normally bolo mowed.  One of my wife's 5 brothers has a native house on the front of our property.  Our big house isn't even visible from the road.  I'm thinking I will loan him a lot of the things we have.  I'd rather loan him things he is familiar with.  To say he's mechanically inclined is an understatement.  He welds, does heavy equipment repair, is a heavy equipment operator, and is currently in Davao doing aircraft repair.  He'll be a good neighbor to keep happy.  We also pay our next door neighbor to watch our place.  That's our only other neighbor.  Sorry for the long answer.  My brain is going nuts planning this.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Mike J said:

How much?  I have been looking for years and the prices are ridiculously high.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

How much?  I have been looking for years and the prices are ridiculously high.

I don't see it on Lazada now.  If memory serves me right it was a bit under 20K.