Filipinas and their nose jobs

stevewool
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

I see a few Filipinos around Boracay and to my eye they look strange. One of our friends got one and she was a good looking girl before. I was dreading her asking me what I thought about it as I'm not very diplomatic. To me it's like the ones that use skin whiteners, their face shape just doesn't suit the white look for the majority that I see, they almost look sick. 

Skin whiteners , bloody crap stuff , I keep telling Ems don’t use it or buy it but does she listen , I love the colour of her natural skin 

• Like 4

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Mike J said:

Agree completely.  I think Filipinas are some of the most beautiful women in the world.  Ladies, stop trying to fix something that is not broken!

They're going for the western homogenised look; they all want to look the same.  Check out the stats on dodgey "bubble butt" surgery, the bum type made insanely popular by the Kardashians, the fatalities and permanent injuries are horrific.  

• Sad 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, BrettGC said:

They're going for the western homogenised look; they all want to look the same.  Check out the stats on dodgey "bubble butt" surgery, the bum type made insanely popular by the Kardashians, the fatalities and permanent injuries are horrific.  

My dad would have said that Kim Kardashian's @ss; "is two axe handles across".  :hystery:

• Haha 2

Gator
Posted
Posted

Light skin and not having flat noses seem to be a national obsession fueled undoubtedly by celebrities. 

Funny side note: When I first started riding around here on my own motorbike kids would often yell out “Hey Joe” (many still do). I’d reply “Hey Paco” and keep riding along.

One time it happened while I had girl on back who I was dating.  After we got to our destination I could tell she was upset about something. I asked what was wrong and she said she thought I had been very rude to the kids. I told her I only replied with a generic name ….. Paco and I asked what’s rude about that. She got a relieved look on her face and told me she thought I yelled “Heh Pango” back.  Calling someone “Pango”, meaning “flat nose”, is considered as an insult here. Needless to say I stopped using “Paco”. Now I just smile and wave. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

My dad would have said that Kim Kardashian's @ss; "is two axe handles across".  :hystery:

Mine said "two wombats having a fight in a pillow case when she walks".   Yes, I laughed a lot.

• Haha 3

mountainside
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Mike J said:

My dad would have said that Kim Kardashian's @ss; "is two axe handles across".

4 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Mine said "two wombats having a fight in a pillow case when she walks".

And mine said "two bulldogs under a blanket".  Funny how guys from different generations and localities somehow see the same thing the same way . . .

• Haha 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Gator said:

Pango

How is that pronounced?  Seems like I have heard it!  Paaang-O?

Gator
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

To me sounds more like Paang-GHO. 

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

https://forvo.com/word/pango/#tl

Almost sounds like "tong-owe" to me with emphasis on the long "O"

• Like 1