Filipinas and their nose jobs

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Julia said:

Sad to say that some women, not only Filipinas though, thought about having nose job or  boob job any physical alterations just to feel good about themselves forgetting one simple basic  fact that the greatest beauty a woman could have is self confidence, wit and charm....

Well said. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

MotorSarge
Posted
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Well said. :thumbsup:

I dated a Filipina a few years before meeting my current Asawa and she had large nostril openings that even her friends joked with her about.

Well, I was very much attracted to her with my European style nose.

Paula Abdul sang it best...Opposites Attract.

Edited by MotorSarge
miss spell
  • Like 2
  • Love it 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

A neighbor and school friend posted a picture of her bandaged nose a few days ago.  Married to an Aussie and sometimes I feel sorry for him because she is very extravagant.  He can afford as he is still working.

She is probably trying to keep up with her younger sister, who as far as I know, is all natural and drop dead gorgeous.  Despite her good looks, she is very down to earth and very nice.  She is married to an American.

• Like 1

Tellamugalie
Posted
Posted

The irony that alot of asian nations views white skin as attractive and a lot European nations view tanned skin as a sign of attractiveness. We need some middle ground like term that fits everyone and break this perception.

We don't want to be at risk of melanoma yet we do need our Vitamin D .

I'm thinking of calling it Beige

Pale  ----- Beige ---- Tanned

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Tellamugalie said:

The irony that alot of asian nations views white skin as attractive and a lot European nations view tanned skin as a sign of attractiveness. We need some middle ground like term that fits everyone and break this perception.

We don't want to be at risk of melanoma yet we do need our Vitamin D .

I'm thinking of calling it Beige

Pale  ----- Beige ---- Tanned

Yep.

But isn't it based more on what skin colour implies - in Asia dark skin for land workers i.e. the poor and in Northern Europe dark skin implies travel i.e. wealth?

• Hmm thinking 1

Tellamugalie
Posted
Posted

Good Point you make there I think that there is an element of that but I think the route cause is more around perceived beauty I found this in the ASSOCIATION FOR CONSUMER RESEARCH study.

“Whiteness” or having white skin is considered an important element in constructing female beauty in Asian cultures. A dramatic growth of skin whitening and lightening products has occurred in Asian markets. Contemporary meanings of whiteness are influenced by Western ideologies as well as traditional Asian values and beliefs. In this study, we analyze print advertisements for skin whitening and lightening products in four Asian societies -- India, Hong Kong, Japan and Korea. We compare the verbal messages and visual images for both global brands and local brands and across countries. We find that whiteness in these Asian cultures is both empowering and disempowering as well as both global and local in character.

Possum
Posted
Posted

We were at the beach in Florida in June and my wife had on a long sleeve shirt and hid under an umbrella. She commented on the people in swim suits sitting in the sun "Aren't they hot?" I explained they were trying to obtain the color she was born with and will risk skin cancer to do so. Consider yourself lucky.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Julia
Posted
Posted

fair skinned anyone:89:

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
On 9/27/2023 at 2:56 PM, Julia said:

fair skinned anyone:89:

Probably a generation thing and life experiences but many Westerners, not all, view light skinned Filipinos and those with plastic surgery as insecure and high maintenance, good for short time but not long time.

• Like 2