TWA

TWA!

That says it all right there :hystery:

• Haha 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 11/24/2023 at 10:43 PM, bob1965 said:

That’s back when people dressed up to fly. 

They still have standards.  Both of these women were kicked off flights for showing too much skin.  Which one would you like to sit next to?

NINTCHDBPICT000702761342.jpg

Screenshot (1143).png

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, jimeve said:

I'd pick the thin one, only because of more arm room. Honest.:console:

Agree, also  honest.   My days of lusting over hot women is pretty much in the past.  Also not a fan of what appear to be prison full sleeve tattoos. :whistling: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 11/28/2023 at 3:59 AM, OnMyWay said:

Screenshot (1143).png

Nice high beams!

Edited by Guy F.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
38 minutes ago, Guy F. said:

Nice high beams!

It's cold and dark out there!  :hystery:

Hestecrefter
Posted
Posted
On 10/29/2023 at 6:12 PM, craftbeerlover said:

I remember those days

Yes, when Mad Magazine had an issue with some tear-out pages of stickers, some of which turned up on pay toilet doors, such as "Save your dime!....It may only be gas."  

That era also gave rise to the lament:  "Here I sit, broken-hearted.  Paid a dime, and only farted.  Yesterday, I took a chance.  Saved a dime, and s&*t my pants."

• Love it 1
  • Haha 3

Hestecrefter
Posted
Posted
On 10/31/2023 at 12:49 AM, MotorSarge said:

Yep,

I remember my family smoking on planes,

We only wore seats belts for landing and take-off,

Security.... Was the lady who just checked your ticket.

Me too.  I can recall when all you had to do was show up at the airport, buy your ticket and get on the plane.  No questions asked, no security to pass through.  Nothing inspected.  If your .357 Magnum was in your "flight bag" as we used to call them, no problem.  The golden age of flying.

Yesterday, we flew flying from Buswanga to Cebu, then Cebu to Iloilo.  First flight we had to empty pockets of metal, take laptop out of briefcase, and put in separate tray to go through scanner.  Second flight, take of belt, shoes, empty  pockets completely, even of paper, take off watch.  They confiscated my wife's half-full bottle of hand sanitizer that had made it though half a dozen other flights in the last month.  

I noticed that in airports where belts must be removed, it does not apply to women, even if their belts look like they were made in an iron foundry.  

On the thread topic of extra charges, we saw no shortage of those in Coron recently.  Starts getting off the plane.  P200 a head for some kind of eco fee or some such thing that no doubt most of which goes into someone's pocket.  In a restaurant, $3 U.S. for a cup of coffee. I hope that's not the going rate now in the Phils in general, even at the local carinderia.  Close to $100 U.S. for a one-kilo lobster (the price list set the price of lobster of 1,000 grams of more at P500 per 100 grams).

One recent good deal was, however, hotel cost in Puerto Princesa.  We were at a place where I stayed for about a week in April 2015.  We paid P1,300/night.  I seemed to recall paying that much or more in 2015.  I went back in my email and saw that I paid P1,550 per night back then.  

• Like 4

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Hestecrefter said:

Yes, when Mad Magazine had an issue with some tear-out pages of stickers, some of which turned up on pay toilet doors, such as "Save your dime!....It may only be gas."  

That era also gave rise to the lament:  "Here I sit, broken-hearted.  Paid a dime, and only farted.  Yesterday, I took a chance.  Saved a dime, and s&*t my pants."

hahaha remember those sayings as well.  I am sure I added my share of bathroom stall graffiti as well.  Remembering Mad Magazine puts a smile on my face!

• Like 4

• 3 months later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 8/15/2023 at 12:23 AM, JJReyes said:

I love the Philippines where the restaurant industry remains sane.  You add a tip or there is a 10% service fee based on total charges less 12% VAT.  In Los Angeles, things have gotten out of hand.  There are postings of restaurant receipts on a Reddit account regarding outrageous extra charges.  It includes unexpected additions such as:

Security Fee

Credit Card Processing Fee

Administrative Fee

Restaurant Fee

Corkage

Employee Health Insurance

Kitchen Appreciation Fee

Surcharge for Staff Meals

To Go Surcharge (Boxes for Leftovers)

Zero Footprint Restore the Planet Fee

One restaurant has a 20% surcharge to help defray the rising cost of the restaurant industry.  You are still encouraged to leave a tip on top.  We don't eat out in Southern California because mandatory tipping is one of my pet peeves.  During our Philippine visits, it's dining out lunch and dinner.  Breakfast is either included as part of our hotel stay or we buy pastries and coffee.

I just ran across this, with another fee!  4% LA Health Fee!  The California I grew up in is gone.  I would take her attitude.  I'm outta here.

• Like 2