Cell phone culture

RBM
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Viking said:

In Sweden it has gone to far if you ask me. Many people are almost obsessed with their phones and they don't know how to interact with other people in a normal way. Really sad if you ask me.

I agree with one of the great minds.

Screenshot_20201203-205901.png

lets get this straight, are you stating in Sweden cell fone use is as ...lets say...compulsive as here in Philippines.

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

This reminds me of a time sitting in a restaurant in another country. A table across from me had a family of four sitting there. All were on their cell phones and not talking at all to each other at the table. My wife and I speculated that they were talking to each other using texting. As RBM stated above......how sad.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Tellamugalie said:

Yet man would use this font of all wisdom to look at boobs and watch funny videos about cats.

You say that like it's a bad thing! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Yet man would use this font of all wisdom to look at boobs and watch funny videos about cats.

I enjoy cat videos. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Viking
Posted
Posted

I remember reading somewhere some time ago.

Imagine travelling back in time to Ancient Greece and explaining to the philosophers of the time that one day mankind would create a device that contained the entirety of human knowledge, and that this device would fit in the palm of your hand. 

Not only that, but it would also be a means to connect all people of all countries of the world.

And as they sit back and ponder this wonder you then say.

The new technology is really great, but the sad part is that people mostly use it for the " wrong" reasons". 

• Like 3

Viking
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, RBM said:

lets get this straight, are you stating in Sweden cell fone use is as ...lets say...compulsive as here in Philippines.

I would say yes to that. This is especially true for the younger generation. I'm 52.

• Like 1

Viking
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

This reminds me of a time sitting in a restaurant in another country. A table across from me had a family of four sitting there. All were on their cell phones and not talking at all to each other at the table. My wife and I speculated that they were talking to each other using texting. As RBM stated above......how sad.

I see that all the time in Sweden. We use to order some take out food once a week and almost every time when I am there, waiting for the food being cooked (15-20 minutes) there is  groups of young people eating. Very seldom you hear a word from any of them because they are obsessed with their phones 😥

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Viking
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, Old55 said:

I enjoy cat videos. 

I think most of us can agree that there's alot of funny and interesting things that can be found on the phones. Problem is when it becomes an addiction.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Viking
Posted
Posted

Another thing I find annoying here is that so many are using earbuds to their phones! If you try to say something, they don't hear you, and you need to tap them on their shoulder to get their attention. When you do that, they look shocked.

I was at the gym the other day, and needless to say, most people wearing earbuds. I asked a guy if the machine was free? No response so I started using it. When I used it for two sets he said to me, sorry but I were using that. I told him that I asked him before I started! I didn't hear because I use earbuds was his reply. My reply was that's your problem, isn't it, not mine, and then I did my third set 👍

• Like 4
  • Love it 1
  • Sad 1