Moving to the Philippines

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Great in theory but if you're not around to keep an eye on the apartment when it's being rented, or at least have someone you trust do so on your behalf, I think you could quickly regret it.  With all due respect to our hosts, people here are not necessarily known for taking good care of other people's possessions. 

Critically important. :thumbsup:

• Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Old55 said:

Steve, after visiting Philippines for over 20+ years my wife convinced me that we would visit Boracay. I reluctantly agreed and surprisingly found it enjoyable and wished we had more time there.

Owning a home or condo in Philippines is not in our plans. However Boracay could be an exception. Owning a condo there could work for us living in it part of each year and having it rented out the remaining time? That may be something you and Em's could consider.

It’s been 13 years since we visited Boracay and we stayed for 2 weeks , first week at bluewater resort then the second week in a back packers place , both places was very nice , 2 weeks was not enough then so a month or so could be nice , doing everything and then again doing nothing .

Like you we are both not interested in owning property over in the Philippines as we have no one to leave it too, I use to look and if it’s cheap enough and it’s what I thought we wanted I’d show Ems but it’s Ems pushing the don’t buy there more then me , plus I’m sure there will be other places in the world that we may chose to visit and stay a while 

• Like 4

hk blues
Posted
Posted
56 minutes ago, stevewool said:

It’s been 13 years since we visited Boracay and we stayed for 2 weeks , first week at bluewater resort then the second week in a back packers place , both places was very nice , 2 weeks was not enough then so a month or so could be nice , doing everything and then again doing nothing .

Like you we are both not interested in owning property over in the Philippines as we have no one to leave it too, I use to look and if it’s cheap enough and it’s what I thought we wanted I’d show Ems but it’s Ems pushing the don’t buy there more then me , plus I’m sure there will be other places in the world that we may chose to visit and stay a while 

I would tend to side with Ems on that one - unless there is a specific reason to own a property here I'd much rather spend the money on visiting different places around the world.  You've got  a base in the UK so personally I'd not be looking to have another one here, there or anywhere. 

• Like 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, longway said:

The Problem with doing Nothing is you never know when you are finished. :bonk:

I never do nothing. I’ve spent many years working on perfecting my hanging-out technique. It’s at around 98% now. That last 2 % is nearly impossible to achieve.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Guy F. said:

I never do nothing. I’ve spent many years working on perfecting my hanging-out technique. It’s at around 98% now. That last 2 % is nearly impossible to achieve.

At 98%, you are in the elite "Super Slacker" class. :thumbsup:

• Haha 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
On 11/7/2023 at 11:28 AM, hk blues said:

Great in theory but if you're not around to keep an eye on the apartment when it's being rented, or at least have someone you trust do so on your behalf, I think you could quickly regret it.  With all due respect to our hosts, people here are not necessarily known for taking good care of other people's possessions. 

If you are inside a resort and take a deposit you don't have those issues, where I reside you only get in on provision of your ID which is photocopied, a deposit taken and the caretaker does daily checks whilst cleaning. You've also got insurance cover, the main issue is certain individuals were brought up in a pig sty I find. They can be there for only 24hrs and dirty every kitchen utensil and just walk out as if a bomb has gone off. Others you wouldn't even know someone had stayed. 

• Like 5

intrepid
Posted
Posted (edited)

seeks to fit here,....

400859746_306313525667302_2416079985636438316_n.jpg

Edited by intrepid
  • Haha 4