Posted
On 12/8/2023 at 4:04 PM, craftbeerlover said:

we must all be confused

Well at least you're content.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Your guys seem to keep forgetting that the Germans also colonized and were attempting to take over the Philippines:

From Wikipedia:

>

German settlement in the Philippines began during the Spanish colonization of the Philippines when the German Empire attempted to acquire the Philippines. This article also refers to the choice of Filipino citizenship and/or settlement in the Philippines by persons of either pure or mixed German descent who continued to reside in the country for a significant number of years or decades. The German community in the Philippines is the largest central European community in the country. The community comprises expats and immigrants.

<

• Like 2

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

Your guys seem to keep forgetting that the Germans also colonized and were attempting to take over the Philippines:

From Wikipedia:

>

German settlement in the Philippines began during the Spanish colonization of the Philippines when the German Empire attempted to acquire the Philippines. This article also refers to the choice of Filipino citizenship and/or settlement in the Philippines by persons of either pure or mixed German descent who continued to reside in the country for a significant number of years or decades. The German community in the Philippines is the largest central European community in the country. The community comprises expats and immigrants.

<

Interesting, I did not know that.  Will read up on it, thanks for sharing

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

The German community in the Philippines is the largest central European community in the country. The community comprises expats and immigrants.

There are quite a few Germans that live here in Moalboal. 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

If the PISA included dance, Philippines would move up in the rankings.  Yesterday at the malls.

hk blues
Posted
Posted

To be fair, In their spare time in the UK we would have seen kids kicking a ball around, maybe in The USA throwing a basketball around and here they dance.  In itself I don't see a problem with it (although I'd rather they played sports more if I'm being honest).  

The problem here is more the amount of school time devoted to such activities.

• Like 2

Kingpin
Posted
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, hk blues said:

To be fair, In their spare time in the UK we would have seen kids kicking a ball around, maybe in The USA throwing a basketball around and here they dance.  In itself I don't see a problem with it (although I'd rather they played sports more if I'm being honest).  

The problem here is more the amount of school time devoted to such activities.

When you consider that they don't have school sports, the amount of time doing physical activities is comparable.

Brings up the point though, outsiders complaining about the 'lag in learning whatever' here is like complaining about the 'lag in learning baseball', it's senseless, and useless, because it's not the West and it's not what they need for their future. This country already provides everything they need, which is why they dominate service industries worldwide.

Edited by Kingpin
  • Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Kingpin said:

When you consider that they don't have school sports, the amount of time doing physical activities is comparable.

Brings up the point though, outsiders complaining about the 'lag in learning whatever' here is like complaining about the 'lag in learning baseball', it's senseless, and useless, because it's not the West and it's not what they need for their future. This country already provides everything they need, which is why they dominate service industries worldwide.

They do have school sports. 

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, hk blues said:

They do have school sports. 

They don't have sports, or equipment, or field or courts, or leagues. Unless you're talking about private schools.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Kingpin said:

They don't have sports, or equipment, or field or courts, or leagues. Unless you're talking about private schools.

It depends where you live, Here in Dumaguete, Negros, we have a very keen  Sports minded LGU with 3/4 Public School venues for Leagues, we should never generalise :tiphat:

• Like 2