Annual Report 2024

jimeve
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, starrt said:

First off, in reply to Rooster's post, the 5 day limit only applies for when you do everything, especially the payment, online. It does not apply to showing up in person to a BI office.

I registered online on Monday, Jan 1, got an email confirming the online registration. I printed that, and showed up at the BI office in SM Aura, witht he print out, my passport, and ACR card.

They now have a numbering system for the various windows. When my number got called, handed in my documents, had my photo taken, and got the payment papers, no fuss, no questions. I went to the cashier, paid my 310 Pesos and left.

Overall, not a bad experience.

I did the same, but in Dumaguete. registered Ist Jan, email confirming reg, but have not got a printer so printed downtown. in and out 20 minutes.

• Like 1

Lee
Posted
Posted

Had annual registration today which went w/o a problem.

When I registered, the screen said to check my inbox and record the reference number. I never received this email but had previously recorded the number so no problem.

Some folks said that they couldn't open their BI online account as it wouldn't accept their password. BI had a QR code taped to the front door that when scanned let them right in. Doesn't seem a bit secure to me but what can you do.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Lee said:

Had annual registration today which went w/o a problem.

When I registered, the screen said to check my inbox and record the reference number. I never received this email but had previously recorded the number so no problem.

Some folks said that they couldn't open their BI online account as it wouldn't accept their password. BI had a QR code taped to the front door that when scanned let them right in. Doesn't seem a bit secure to me but what can you do.

I was instructed to change my password when I logged in a few days ago. The old password didn't have the right mix of different characters. Changed no problem but haven't made my appointment yet, plenty of time. 

• 1 month later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I visited the new BI Olongapo this morning to ask some questions. It is in SM Downtown mall, 6th floor, and the location is strange.  The 5th and 6th floor of SM are mainly parking.  So I parked on 5 and went to 6.  Nothing.  The guard told me that BI is in another wing with another elevator.  10 years here and I never knew there was another wing.  Anyhow, you have to take the normal elevator down to the first floor the walk to this other elevator and go to 6 there.

Office is fine otherwise.  P30 to park at SM.

So in the afternoon I was ready to do the AR, and I decided to try Subic One Stop Shop.  They are mainly for Freeport related immigration work.  Last year they started doing AR.  Very casual office and they appear to have an office Shitzu dog.  Quickly in and out.  Worked out great because I needed to also visit 2 other offices in the same building!

So for anyone in the area, I recommend Subic One Stop Shop for AR.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

My wife did my report at the new office in Cebu City.  I am a senior and she has a written limited power of attorney to do the reports.  I had already completed the online info and she presented the email from BOI.  She said it was "quick, efficient, and very easy" this year.  It was so efficient she wonders if it has been outsourced this year? :89: 

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

She said it was "quick, efficient, and very easy" this year.

At Mall of Asia this year, it took me longer to walk from the parking lot than it did to complete the annual report. :cheersty:

• Like 1

Gator
Posted
Posted (edited)

At Cebu in the new office in G Mall. Fast and easy.

One thing though was funny. The guard gave me a number, but they were already well past that one. Couldn’t hear them calling the numbers anyhow as every announcement over the PA was mostly garbled and distorted , lol

For anyone else going there use the entrance on the left side, then bear left to the counters displaying “ACR-I” placards.  

Edited by Gator

hk blues
Posted
Posted

We arrived just before 8am and I gave the guard the paperwork.  Although the office opens at 8am nothing happened until just before 9am - even then it took a while for the cashier to process the payment.  So, all-in-all around 1 1/4 hours start to finish.  Not great but not terrible.    

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Mike J said:

It was so efficient she wonders if it has been outsourced this year?

Maybe they outsourced the IT so they could have better system, including the newest online portal for the clients to do most of the work.  I remember when some offices did not have online access and/or it was down all the time.

Previously, you had a bunch of old farts in a small office filling forms, then they handed gave it to the clerk who keyed it all in while you waited.  Now the clerk just needs your reference number and boom, go to print and pay.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Maybe they outsourced the IT so they could have better system, including the newest online portal for the clients to do most of the work.  I remember when some offices did not have online access and/or it was down all the time.

Previously, you had a bunch of old farts in a small office filling forms, then they handed gave it to the clerk who keyed it all in while you waited.  Now the clerk just needs your reference number and boom, go to print and pay.

There has definitely been a wind of change, at least in my local office.  Much less piles of paperwork lying around and much less staff as well.  And, they now have a number of staff in uniform whilst in the past this was unheard of.  

• Like 1