Annual Report 2024

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, hk blues said:

2 minutes ago, hk blues said:

There has definitely been a wind of change, at least in my local office.  Much less piles of paperwork lying around and much less staff as well.  And, they now have a number of staff in uniform whilst in the past this was unheard of.  

Same here in Dumaguete

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

starrt
Posted
Posted

Here's a news release from the BI about the 2024 Annual Report:

https://palawan-news.com/bi-reports-high-compliance-as-foreign-nationals-submit-annual-reports/

The Bureau of Immigration (BI) has announced an encouraging start to the year, with 88,072 registered foreign nationals already having completed their mandatory annual report for January.

The initiative is part of the BI’s efforts to streamline compliance and ensure better regulation of foreign nationals residing in the Philippines.

Commissioner Norman Tansingco emphasized the importance of this annual requirement for those holding immigrant and non-immigrant visas and possessing an Alien Certificate of Registration Identity Card (ACR I-Card). The reporting period, which commenced at the beginning of the year, will continue until March 1, 2024, providing ample time for all required individuals to comply.

“We have transferred our annual reporting operations to more accessible locations and have put up an online portal for virtual reporting,” said Tansingco. 

“What we are doing is facilitative—we want to make it easier for foreign nationals to comply with the law to ensure better regulation,” he added.

In a bid to facilitate a smoother reporting process, the BI has introduced several enhancements, including relocating annual reporting operations to more accessible venues and launching an online portal for virtual submissions.

Their goal is to make compliance as convenient as possible for foreign nationals, he said, highlighting the bureau’s commitment to improving service delivery and regulatory compliance.

The BI has specified the necessary requirements for the annual report, directing foreign nationals to complete an online form available on the BI’s e-services website. Additionally, individuals must present their original ACR I-Card, a valid visa, and a valid passport during their report.

Exceptions to the physical reporting requirement include minors below 14 years of age, seniors aged 60 and above, individuals with mental or physical incapacities, pregnant women, and those suffering from medical conditions, as outlined by Lawyer Jose Carlitos Licas, chief of the BI’s alien registration division.

Physical reporting locations include the BI’s head office at the 3rd Level Center Atrium of Robinsons Manila and the Government Service Express Unit at SM Mall of Asia, operating from Monday to Friday, 9 AM to 6 PM, excluding holidays. Additionally, BI offices nationwide are equipped to handle the annual reports.

For those preferring or needing to report virtually, the BI’s e-services platform offers a convenient option, underscoring the bureau’s dedication to leveraging technology to enhance regulatory processes and support the foreign national community in the Philippines.

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I always thought the AR was about making sure we were all in the country at least once a year, as well as providing a nice revenue earner (although I'm surprised it isn't a higher amount) but with the introduction of virtual reporting I wonder of there is a way to identify we are actually in the country when reporting virtually?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I wonder of there is a way to identify we are actually in the country when reporting virtually?

I guess as it is a Phone related virtual report, they will know where the phone is ( todays technology even here

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, hk blues said:

I always thought the AR was about making sure we were all in the country at least once a year, as well as providing a nice revenue earner (although I'm surprised it isn't a higher amount) but with the introduction of virtual reporting I wonder of there is a way to identify we are actually in the country when reporting virtually?

Had not done a virtual report so cannot say for sure what is  involved.  That being said, I suspect they would ask you to show them your most current passport entry/exit page via web cam?   Anyone on the forum done the entire reporting process online? 

hk blues
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Mike J said:

Had not done a virtual report so cannot say for sure what is  involved.  That being said, I suspect they would ask you to show them your most current passport entry/exit page via web cam?   Anyone on the forum done the entire reporting process online? 

Yeah, probably.  

In fact, perhaps it's a non-issue as they already know if you've left the country and not returned, right? :whistling:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Shol
Posted
Posted

How is everyone doing, been gone for a bit, as have had some family stuff.  

Anyway I have been out of the country since Sept 2022, and did not do the annual report in 2023 as I was not there.   I am assuming that this 2024 is for only those inside the country?  The previous advice from immigration was to report when I return which should be around mid 2025. (We had some family death, and am helping with an estate.) They said make sure to visit immigration to take care of things within 15 days of arrival. 

Has anything changed in the last year or so or does anyone have experience with this.  I am a bit concerned as despite the previous information I will be OK, to the untrained, I might end up looking like I am "skipping" annual reporting since I am not in the country to do so.   

Can I use the virtual thing as I don't want to cause any problems if it's only mean to be used inside the country.  I am also getting information reddit to do this and I am not sure I would want to that unless I got the go ahead from immigration.

So any current experience or thoughts on what would be the best course of a action to avoid any issues when I show up in 2025 having missed 2 annual reports but not having been living in the country for those time frames for various reasons.

Thanks ahead of time folks.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Shol said:

How is everyone doing, been gone for a bit, as have had some family stuff.  

Anyway I have been out of the country since Sept 2022, and did not do the annual report in 2023 as I was not there.   I am assuming that this 2024 is for only those inside the country?  The previous advice from immigration was to report when I return which should be around mid 2025. (We had some family death, and am helping with an estate.) They said make sure to visit immigration to take care of things within 15 days of arrival. 

Has anything changed in the last year or so or does anyone have experience with this.  I am a bit concerned as despite the previous information I will be OK, to the untrained, I might end up looking like I am "skipping" annual reporting since I am not in the country to do so.   

Can I use the virtual thing as I don't want to cause any problems if it's only mean to be used inside the country.  I am also getting information reddit to do this and I am not sure I would want to that unless I got the go ahead from immigration.

So any current experience or thoughts on what would be the best course of a action to avoid any issues when I show up in 2025 having missed 2 annual reports but not having been living in the country for those time frames for various reasons.

Thanks ahead of time folks.

I'm not even sure you could do the virtual/online reporting as the deadline has already passed for both 2023 and 2024.

I haven't actually reported late but I did enquire about it in the past and the advice was the same as you got - do it as soon as you arrive back in the country and pay the corresponding penalties.  

• Like 1
  • Love it 1