Fresh tuna price

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Lamb is almost out of the question and quality

Tom, did you ever consider Goat as an alternative, I always said no But..... at  Function lately I did and was very surprised, Cooked right and presented well I found it very good :tiphat:

Edited by Jack Peterson
spelling LOL
  • Like 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Passing by the imported meat freezers at S & R is weak on my heart

I’m not a fan of fish, so I’m like you, pay through the nose at the local fresh food market.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
47 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Tom, did you ever consider Goat as an alternative, I always said no But..... at  Function lately I did and was very surprised, Cooked right and presented well I found it very good :tiphat:

Yeah.... I agree -  actually I enjoy the gamyness of goat. The problem I have is that the family really loves the goat skin and I really can't handle that. The reason is that they won't always buy a whole goat so they just buy what they prefer - that chewy, fatty, gristly skin part. They make goat kinilaw and there really is little true meat in what I have sampled. But the few times I have been treated to some of the real cuts of goat inside - sometimes in a caldereta or other dish - I love it!

In USA, I really enjoyed game meats like deer and elk. But I did not hunt so only shared some with friends who did. I enjoy those strong flavours.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

There is a plus also to Goat meat, it has less  cholesterol than lamb or beef and for me, that is a welcome piece of news :tiphat:

Edited by Jack Peterson
changed a wrong word
  • Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

My first and last experience of goat was a couple of New Year's Eves ago.  The family boat a goat and it was alive and kicking when we arrived and seemed happy enough until they tied it up and killed it a bit later - the screams were something else and totally put me off.   

• Sad 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, hk blues said:

- the screams were something else and totally put me off.   

Sorry  HK, couldn’t resist. It was the first thing that popped into my sick mind. Took a bit of poetic license:

“It was… screaming. Some kind of screaming, like a child’s voice.”-  Clarice Starling

“You still wake up sometimes, don’t you? You wake up in the dark and hear the screaming of the (goats). Brave (HK). You will me know when those (goats) stop screaming, won’t you?” - Hannibal Lecter

• Haha 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, hk blues said:

The family boat a goat and it was alive and kicking when we arrived and seemed happy enough until they tied it up and killed it a bit later - the screams were something else and totally put me off.   

Before Peace Corp volunteers were sent to the Philippines (largest contingency with around 500 volunteers), they attended boot camp in Hawaii to learn new skins like killing a chicken and plucking the feathers.  Previous experience was purchasing pieces nicely wrapped in cellophane at a supermarket.  Most said, "No." when it was time to slaughter a goat.  I believe this is how Vegetarianism go started in the United States.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1