best area during Covid

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Almost all of the "conspiracy theories" that were deemed so in the old, now locked, thread, have been proven true.

Off topic and headed in a direction that will get the thread locked.  Let's not go there folks.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Almost all of the "conspiracy theories" that were deemed so in the old, now locked, thread, have been proven true.

:thumbsup:

paranoids.jpg

hk blues
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, BrettGC said:

I agree it was silly but after a while at least it was consistent unlike other places.

Was it though, Brett? Take the alcohol ban for example, it was definitely not a nationwide approach - in my area we could buy alcohol in the city but not in the provinces at times. I'm pretty sure down Davao way the ban lasted much longer than elsewhere. 

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, hk blues said:

. I'm pretty sure down Davao way the ban lasted much longer than elsewhere. 

We did not have a ban but sure had some out of stock times in our Barangay in the province :tiphat: 

hk blues
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

We did not have a ban but sure had some out of stock times in our Barangay in the province :tiphat: 

A case in point then as we had bans on and off a couple of times. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Funny really the Bar we used at that time was not on a Ban as it was outside the City Limit BUT we had routine inspection by regulators to make sure we all  wore masks and were NOT drinking out of Bottles but had Glasses, we had to sign in and have our Temp took and could only lower our masks while eating or Drinking, Strange But hey we had our beer :shades:

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Was it though, Brett? Take the alcohol ban for example, it was definitely not a nationwide approach - in my area we could buy alcohol in the city but not in the provinces at times. I'm pretty sure down Davao way the ban lasted much longer than elsewhere. 

the "rules" could not have been more inconsistent, not only were they inconsistent, the level to which they were enforced (or not), was even more inconsistent.  

hk blues
Posted
Posted (edited)

Whilst not wishing to open old wounds, it's quite comical the measures we saw taken across the globe to manage the pandemic.  The Philippines was certainly not alone in seeing how ridiculous a measure we can think of. 

Let's also not forget that some poor folk were left to die alone in hospital beds with just some stranger to sit by them. 

At least we'll be better prepared next time  - right?

Edited by hk blues

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, hk blues said:

It was better than it was in Austrlalia when I departed. 

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

It was better than it was in Austrlalia when I departed. 

That's fair - maybe it was relatively better here as I've nothing to compare it to.

I'll also add, I don't think it was actually all that bad here despite some of the nonsense  - for example I never once saw a motorcycle with a divider so common sense prevailed at least locally. And, beer was always available somehow and someway.

Oh, and I was able to have lunch in peace with no wife/son troubling me!:smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2