Your Birthday?

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, stevewool said:

I must have broke it the first week I arrived in the Philippines, I’m a great believer in sharing the bill , and yes some cannot afford to pay as much as others but you must put something in , then maybe give it back to those people later but out of site from the others 

Oh no!  The social etiquette is the richest person at the table (You!) pays the bill.  That's the Filipino explanation to foreigners on how the system works.  

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

Oh no!  The social etiquette is the richest person at the table (You!) pays the bill.  That's the Filipino explanation to foreigners on how the system works.  

What a Sad culture/practice you paint my friend.:89:

Lee
Posted
Posted

IMO, birthday parties should be for kids----not adults that probably haven't grown up yet. LOL

Estimates suggest that there are 385K people are born everyday worldwide. Your BD really means little to anyone else but yourself.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Lee said:

IMO, birthday parties should be for kids----not adults that probably haven't grown up yet. LOL

Estimates suggest that there are 385K people are born everyday worldwide. Your BD really means little to anyone else but yourself.

Total agree with you my Friend BUT here, a BD is Feed time for all, at someone elses cost :tiphat:

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Lee said:

I remember a rich housewife complaining that children's birthday parties were getting expensive.  She had to prepare separate food for the children, the accompanying parents, and also the yayas, bodyguards and drivers.  

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, JJReyes said:

I remember a rich housewife complaining that children's birthday parties were getting expensive.  She had to prepare separate food for the children, the accompanying parents, and also the yayas, bodyguards and drivers.  

So Limit the number of Invites, Easy answer. less wealthy people have the same issue But manage to cope

• Thanks 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

So Limit the number of Invites, Easy answer. less wealthy people have the same issue But manage to cope

We find it’s less stress to limit the number of events, restricting invites can create bad feelings because someone missed out.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

We find it’s less stress to limit the number of events, restricting invites can create bad feelings because someone missed out.

We find that too coupled with who rarely invites us to their events and there are quite a few so  bad feelings are Tough Titty on some thoughtless people :shades: their answer is usually well we had to limit to fit budget YET! they want to attend all other Events:tiphat:

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JJReyes said:

Maybe the richest overseas worker who has come home to show of there wealth will be silly enough to pay these bills , but again with my new family it just don’t work for me 

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lee said:

I’m at that age where I don’t want to be reminded of birthdays , but this next birthday is the big one , all my working life I’ve been paying in for this big day I get my state pension , but I’m doubtful I could afford a jollibee never mind a birthday cake 

Edited by stevewool
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1