Where can a senior find a true love in the Philippines?

autopilot
Posted
Posted

Hello, new here, handle with care...

Tried Facebook dating group, too many fakes and scammers.

Tried dating site, same things... scammers.

I don't know why but maybe because i am in my 60's is why i attracted all the gold diggers...

I was told go to the Philippines, to the "province", so I am planning a trip very soon and I wonder where should I go and what places are considered "province" where i can find someone for a serious relationship?

hk blues
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, autopilot said:

Hello, new here, handle with care...

Tried Facebook dating group, too many fakes and scammers.

Tried dating site, same things... scammers.

I don't know why but maybe because i am in my 60's is why i attracted all the gold diggers...

I was told go to the Philippines, to the "province", so I am planning a trip very soon and I wonder where should I go and what places are considered "province" where i can find someone for a serious relationship?

Perhaps you are being too 'overt' in your motives hence your are attracting the 'wrong' type of people.  

• Like 2

Gutenberg
Posted
Posted (edited)

I wouldn't call a woman looking to exchange her youthfulness for financial stability a 'gold digger' - that's what she has too offer. In case they want money upfront they are obviously scammers but a woman in a relationship asking for money for family seems to have no ill motive in my opinion.

Why don't you just make a more active (meaning posting a few times per week, from activities you do) Facebook account and add a lot (1000+, not in 1 day, but slowly) of ladies you have interest in (f. ex. ladies from the 'provinces' you mentioned) and then go from there. It attracts women if you have an interesting life and are in... let's say somewhat in shape :laugh:.

Edited by Gutenberg
  • Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Having dabbled a bit in the dating scene here and seeing so many car crashes all I can suggest is to take things slowly. I don't buy into the sweet and innocent province girl or the nice religious girl as I've seen too many players. Bar girls and girls that hang out predominantly with foreigners are a definite red flag. 

I found my one by not going looking for her. I hung around in a semi respectable area and made friends with locals. I observed a few of the girls I was attracted to but never made a move. As the weeks went on I crossed most of them off my list as I got to know their personalities. I narrowed it down to two and became real good friends with them and obviously their friends who had an idea that I liked one of them.

They'd all confide in me about their problems and I kept their problems to myself. Eventually they were all telling me I need to advise what is now my partner about life and relationships as she was very shy, never had a boyfriend etc and a good few foreigners were trying their luck but she refused them all. Even ones offering marriage, house, visa to the US, UK etc. 

I ended up getting to know everything about her and her family and fell more and more for her but never made a move. I was just her friend for over a year before I made a move and it was the best thing I've done. The other one I like turned into a complete waste of space once her mask slipped.

In short don't go hunting as the women can smell desperation and a potential victim and don't take the first young pretty thing that throws herself at you or any that fit that description. The hard to get ones tend to be the best and many girls can put a great front on. 

Finally don't just go for the girl, check out her family also. With time you'll suss the women out. I've seen so many that set my alarm bells off and my mates fell for them hook line and sinker. They were always their soul mates and not like the others even though they met them in a bar and sure enough a couple of years down the line they got screwed over. 

• Like 2
  • Love it 2

Gutenberg
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

The hard to get ones tend to be the best and many girls can put a great front on.

These are usually the types of girls who are on their back the minute a young handsome 6 pack dude with a Porsche asks them out but play 'hard to get' once it's a guy 'desperate' to look for a serious relationship. Any man chasing a woman who plays 'hard to get' should re-evaluate his selfworth.

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I’d would not travel to the Philippines without arranging to meet someone you have been talking to for awhile , can I ask what age bracket are you wanting to meet up with to try to find romance and someone to care for you and of course you caring for them too, I know there are loads of wrong folk on the internet, it took me 3 years of talking before we met face to face with my wife 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Gutenberg said:

These are usually the types of girls who are on their back the minute a young handsome 6 pack dude with a Porsche asks them out but play 'hard to get' once it's a guy 'desperate' to look for a serious relationship. Any man chasing a woman who plays 'hard to get' should re-evaluate his selfworth.

Your mileage may vary but the hard to get ones that I know have already turned down plenty young and so called wealthy guys and also wealthy older guys.

Their reasons vary from they're not into foreigners, they don't want to be judged as a gold digger or they think there are too big a cultural difference for the relationship to work and they judge foreigners by how they act around most Filipino females. 

At the other end of the stick there's no shortage of girls you can chat to online and they'll meet you at your hotel and jump into bed with you the first night. I've lost count of the amount of those that my friends have been with and the girls always had another guy in the background or were looking for the next rung up the ladder. 

As I say don't rush into things, get to know people as friends then suss them out through their friends and other expats.

My first couple of years here was a right eye opener. I'd see a girl I was attracted to and point her out to a friend and he'd say that's so and so ex. He caught her sleeping with that guy and I know about half a dozen other guys who have been through her. It was a recurring theme with girls who hung around foreigners sadly. 

• Like 2

autopilot
Posted
Posted
On 4/4/2024 at 11:50 PM, autopilot said:

Thanks for all the responses so far!

I made my decision and booked my flight to Cebu next month, I am retired and will spend two or three months in the Philippines, starting in Cebu. Any recommendation for other cities to explore? Not looking for beach town or a touristic place, just a regular mid size town in the "province".  

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, autopilot said:

Thanks for all the responses so far!

I made my decision and booked my flight to Cebu next month, I am retired and will spend two or three months in the Philippines, starting in Cebu. Any recommendation for other cities to explore? Not looking for beach town or a touristic place, just a regular mid size town in the "province".  

My wife calls Subic / Olongapo the province and misses the "big city".  Their slogan:

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Love it 1

P_X
Posted
Posted

I think its like an unspoken agreement. If you're 60 plus, trying to pull a 20 something,  then the money is most definitely a factor..regardless of what she says.

Dating site are no Bueno.  

Just get here and look towards women who have a job. It's a good indicator of some semblance of responsibility. Not fool proof. For example:

My Friend is moving here soon. He wanted me to set him up with a "good girl" as he was getting asked for $$ constantly on the sites.

There's this woman at the mall that I thought of. She had previously told me she was a single mom and had one daughter and the husband died 2 years ago and lives with her brother. 

I was passing by her work the other day and asked her if she would be interested in connecting with him before he gets here..chat on fb or something.  

She gives me her fb and I find she has 4 accounts.  One she's single with one kid. The other,  5 kids and in a relationship with  "the brother "

Sooo, it's not always so easy 😂

I asked my Filipino neighbor if she has a family member that is legit and would be interested.  We'll see how that goes 

• Like 1
  • I'm Confused 1
  • Hmm thinking 1