Where can a senior find a true love in the Philippines?

graham59
Posted
Posted
On 4/7/2024 at 7:00 PM, autopilot said:

Thanks for all the responses so far!

I made my decision and booked my flight to Cebu next month, I am retired and will spend two or three months in the Philippines, starting in Cebu. Any recommendation for other cities to explore? Not looking for beach town or a touristic place, just a regular mid size town in the "province".  

In Cebu (City), head straight to Ayala Mall sir.  Chat to other expats you'll see there, and interact with the ladies....and their sisters/cousins/friends.

Above all, take your time, and keep a firm grip on your wallet and heart.

(I was 60 when I met my wife...she was 26. Been happily married 10 years now).

Also have a look at some of the Phils expat sites on YouTube.  Good luck sir.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Goodness me are we  moving into a dating Site :hystery:

• Haha 3

Gutenberg
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, graham59 said:

(I was 60 when I met my wife...she was 26. Been happily married 10 years now).

Times have changed a lot since then (I don't specifically mean the Phillipines) but 2014 it was so easy to get dates in the EU, now the only women that I match with are at least 5 years older and 50kg heavier than me because all the women are now independent, don't need a man for anything and for casual sex, they just go to Tinder and choose the most handsome guy (not me apparently :laugh:) and if they get pregnant, they just abort as it's a 'human right' now. They have the absolute control over that matter, unfortunately.

I am really happy that I grew up in a time without smart phones, where girls couldn't just go online and had 10 guys 'friend zoned' but still simping for her, 100s telling her how cute she is, but they actually had to be cute and invest in themselves to get attention from local boys and thus it was equal, the handsome boy got the cute girl, the not so handsome boy got the not so cute girl, and so on.

I play multiplayer PC games with a lot of boys/men in the age group 18-25 and they are mostly virgins and can't get a date anymore.

Somehow the western society moved back into a prehistoric stone age (more like a time where marriage wasn't invented) where the winner takes it all.

Interesting article about that:

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/3868557-most-young-men-are-single-most-young-women-are-not/

Edited by Gutenberg
  • Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

Some of us saw it coming.

I married my first Filipina Mrs back in 1991.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Gutenberg said:

I play multiplayer PC games with a lot of boys/men in the age group 18-25 and they are mostly virgins and can't get a date anymore.

Maybe they should put their joysticks down and get out into the real world! :whistling:

• Like 3

Gutenberg
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, hk blues said:

Maybe they should put their joysticks down and get out into the real world! :whistling:

Shifting the blame to the boys isn't the answer to this societal problem. Girls just don't choose the avg. boys anymore.They'd rather date all the same guy and be just a hookup than go on a date with an avg. dude.

In the end of the 90s and early 00s we all played PC games constantly, still everybody got a girl.

Imagine what a man must achieve in the West nowadays before he is even considered: good looks, masculine while the entire world says a man must do the opposite, expensive car, high paying job, high social skills. While a girl just needs to be not morbidly obese, that's it.

It's different time now.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Gutenberg said:

Shifting the blame to the boys isn't the answer to this societal problem. Girls just don't choose the avg. boys anymore.They'd rather date all the same guy and be just a hookup than go on a date with an avg. dude.

In the end of the 90s and early 00s we all played PC games constantly, still everybody got a girl.

Imagine what a man must achieve in the West nowadays before he is even considered: good looks, masculine while the entire world says a man must do the opposite, expensive car, high paying job, high social skills. While a girl just needs to be not morbidly obese, that's it.

It's different time now.

I'm not sure we see the world in the same way at all.  

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Gutenberg said:

It's different time now.

How I found my wife , I made her smile and laugh , so simple really 

Edited by stevewool
  • Like 1

Gutenberg
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I'm not sure we see the world in the same way at all.  

Yeah, it took even me a while to understand the new reality, I am old too.

male-virginity-gss-2018.png

It's probably 35-40%+ by now.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 4/19/2024 at 5:44 PM, hk blues said:

You're describing prostitutes, though - the topic was more about going to a mall to find a possible love interest.  Or have I misread it? 

Going to quote this in another topic.

• Thanks 1