Avatars And Forum Names, And How Others May See Us Because Of Them

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

As many of you may know, I have been on forums for quite a while and I have found that others often judge us by what they can see and thus our forum names and avatars may affect how a person reacts to us. For example my forum name. I took Mr. Lee years ago on another forum because Lee was not available at that time and because Filipinos often called me Mr. Lee or Sir Lee and I sure could not use Sir or that would have been even worse, and now I have just since stuck with it, and because of my forum name some people have thought I was Asian or thought I would be too formal, and to this day I get people who meet me in person and say that I do not look or act at all as they thought I was or would be and based on my forum name and avatar. Some people think I am much older than I am and others are sure I must be a big drinker because of my past avatars and to tell you the truth, I used that avatar because I feel it projects warmth, friendliness and just a good old happy go lucky person, but in no way is it actually me and I am a white, round eye American with a mixed family heritage from many countries. So what I am saying is, do not judge a book by its cover and if you can, then please pick a forum name and avatar that you feel projects a good image and I am sure others will accept you better than if you have a forum name or avatar that projects a negative image of who you may be.What do you all think?

Mik
Posted
Posted

I think everyone's avatar should be live feed from their webcam. No... bad idea, nevermind..

TheMason
Posted
Posted

Back in my college days me and my 2 buddies participated in an intramural 3-on-3 basketball tournament. We were beaten very badly and eliminated in our first game. While having a few beers after the game, my 2 friends were discussing why we lost. One of them said to the other, 'We'd have won if you'd passed me the ball more often instead of giving it to the The Mason all day.'Its been over 20 years, and those guys still call me The Mason.My avatar is my niece hamming it up at last year's Flower Festival in Baguio.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

If anyone does not know how to add an avatar,go to your settings,then profile,change avatar. Some members may not see at the very bottom of that page where you can choose a Pre installed avatar from 2 groups if you do not want to upload from your own computer.If you need help to do this just ask :thumbsup:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I think everyone's avatar should be live feed from their webcam. No... bad idea, nevermind..
No live web-cam for me, it might scare all the members away if they saw me in the early AM or late PM. SugarwareZ-007.gif

Jake
Posted
Posted
No live web-cam for me, it might scare all the members away if they saw me in the early AM or late PM. SugarwareZ-007.gif
No live web-cam for me, it might be distributed on You Tube with triple X rating! Joaquin

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
As many of you may know, I have been on forums for quite a while and I have found that others often judge us by what they can see and thus our forum names and avatars may affect how a person reacts to us. For example my forum name. I took Mr. Lee years ago on another forum because Lee was not available at that time and because Filipinos often called me Mr. Lee or Sir Lee and I sure could not use Sir or that would have been even worse, and now I have just since stuck with it, and because of my forum name some people have thought I was Asian or thought I would be too formal, and to this day I get people who meet me in person and say that I do not look or act at all as they thought I was or would be and based on my forum name and avatar. Some people think I am much older than I am and others are sure I must be a big drinker because of my past avatars and to tell you the truth, I used that avatar because I feel it projects warmth, friendliness and just a good old happy go lucky person, but in no way is it actually me and I am a white, round eye American with a mixed family heritage from many countries. So what I am saying is, do not judge a book by its cover and if you can, then please pick a forum name and avatar that you feel projects a good image and I am sure others will accept you better than if you have a forum name or avatar that projects a negative image of who you may be.What do you all think?
For me, it's just Art and Jho, my wife with a recent picture of what we both look like! We're just two simple retired "Balikbayans"! :thumbsup::541::th_grouphug:

Singers
Posted
Posted

What do you all think? For me, it's just Art and Jho, my wife with a recent picture of what we both look like! We're just two simple retired "Balikbayans"! :thumbsup::541::th_grouphug:I could not walk for a while.Then a wheelchair at Airports and a constant 3rd. Leg (NO) - my walking stick.Western Medicine said " You will not get better just hope you do not get worse". My Chinese Dr. had me for 6 years and treatment in S'Pore, S'Hai Helped me throw down the walking stick.My Reiki Lady said I was not Grounded?? I was a Eagle. Hence my Avatar. Tiss me I think.Must add it warms my heart to seeeeee Art & Jho's Avatar!.Love the BOSS's and most others. Tom

Singers
Posted
Posted
What do you all think?
For me, it's just Art and Jho, my wife with a recent picture of what we both look like! We're just two simple retired "Balikbayans"! :thumbsup::541::th_grouphug:I could not walk for a while.Then a wheelchair at Airports and a constant 3rd. Leg (NO) - my walking stick.Western Medicine said " You will not get better just hope you do not get worse". My Chinese Dr. had me for 6 years and treatment in S'Pore, S'Hai Helped me throw down the walking stick.My Reiki Lady said I was not Grounded?? I was a Eagle. Hence my Avatar. Tiss me I think.Must add it warms my heart to seeeeee Art & Jho's Avatar!.Love the BOSS's and most others. TomIf anyone wonders if it is their Avatar I dislike?? No need to ask... The answer is YES.Tom

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Eric is my first name and it was available.My avatar is a 3D model I created in SoftImage XSI years ago.