Get Together Saturday April 3 @ 5Pm

Gold Heart
Posted
Posted
[, but the more the merrier! If you are coming, and have a neighbor or friend who is not a forum member, please feel free to invite them. Just let us know here in the thread so we don't blow the place out! Would hold about 40 I guess!!!
I'll be there without the better half since she is still away.

paul
Posted
Posted (edited)

You know, I hadn't promised Tom, but I did tell him that I wouldn't post on this topic again regarding my attendance. However, at the time I told him that, I hadn't realized someone had deleted my post regarding my acceptance. I only noticed that it had been deleted shortly after my last communication with Tom, via PM. In fact, I didn't reply right away, because I wanted to "sleep" on this, prior to going against what I had said to my friend. So, Tom, mate, I hope you can forgive me for going against what I agreed to do. But, I know you to be a much better person than put up with this mess. There is no question about that.Now, if others here wish to act like high school kids who are pissed off and don't want attend this going away party for Tom because I am going, then don't. That reflects on what you think of Tom, not me.I personally don't care who set it up, who attends it, or who doesn't. Anyone is welcome to, in my opinion, because I am not going there for others. I am going there to see the owner of this forum off. For others who haven't done so, it is your opportunity to meet him and his lovely wife.But, be duly informed. As an active member of this forum, I am confirming my attendance to this get together. It is their last night in town, and I don't get to see them that often. Incidentally, for you who have only met Tom in the past couple of years, I know Tom and his wife and have longer than any other member(s) of this forum. How long is that? How about before he and Ann were married? My former company planned their wedding. He and I have been friends for many years. So, if you think I'm going to let anything get in the way of my friendship with Tom, and in having an opportunity to see him off, then you are sadly mistaken. You can take that to the bank. Now, whomever is keeping track of the tally, please put me down for one currently, because Vivian had a death in her family and may not be able to attend.Good day to you all and see you on Saturday evening.

Edited by paul

MattFromGA
Posted
Posted

Hmmm... I wonder if I would be welcome to go...LOL

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Hmmm... I wonder if I would be welcome to go...LOL
This get together is for this forum and all members and friends who are invited are welcome regardless of anyones past problems with other members. So yes you are welcome and I know that I would look forward to meeting you. :morning1:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

OK since Paul posted the above then I feel that I have to explain to members what this is all about. I asked Tom (Boss Man) to ask Paul to either come at 8 PM or not come at all, so that some of the members who do not wish to be anywhere that Paul is could also attend and meet Tom, let me try to explain. Paul at times can be a bit of a controversial figure and it seems people either love him or hate him or somewhere in between, so a number of members refuse to go to any get together that Paul attends, and I guess Paul may have had problems with some of those members over time, or they just do not like him, or I just do not know what, and that is their choice and I have no right to ask them why, but I have more or less been put in the middle of all this because I wanted those members to be able to meet Tom and attend a get together and some have replied to me directly since I always try to keep my door open to members and of course many who have also become friends over time, so I was trying to find a happy medium so everyone was happy and everyone could have a chance to meet Tom and say farewell to him, but it now seems that will no longer be possible because of Paul's refusal to do as Tom had asked him to do and while I understand Paul's reasons, he did get to attend the last get together and the boys night out and saw Tom at both, and those other people did not because they did not wish to be anywhere Paul was. Many of us also know what happened between him and Bob on another forum and since Bob is the one who has suggested this get together venue and has been the one to get the owner of the restaurant to give our members FREE BEER, then I feel that Paul's stance on this is wrong because now the other people, and possibly Bob himself??? will probably not attend and get to meet Tom before he leaves to head home. I guess I also need to post this to make people further understand what is going on. At the last get together at the Ranch, Paul showed up very early and even before my wife and I, and Paul then said to me that if Bob showed up that there was going to be trouble and since I set up that get together, I then asked Paul to please not cause problems and he reiterated that there would be problems and I tried to reason with him but he refused to promise me that he would not cause problems which showed me that he has no respect for me or Tom who owns this forum and who Paul claims he respects. So members, this has brought this whole thing to a head and my wife and I will be there at 5 out of respect to Bob who set this up, the members who may attend, the restaurant owner who has been kind enough to offer free beer to our members because of Bobs work on the project, and to Tom who owns this forum, but since Paul has shown that he has no respect for me or for Tom by posting the above post and refusing to do as asked, then I will be leaving early and I have now lost any respect that I had left for Paul and I do not trust him to behave himself since he refused to promise me that he would, so I do not want him to be at any get together that I am involved with or I just will not go.

Panserhansen
Posted
Posted

I think I will drop by around 1830 - we have football practise earlier that day.Is it, by any chance, possible for the restaurant to make a glutenfree pizza for me? They sell glutenfree flour at Healthy Options, Ayala. I can pay extra for it as it's quite expensive.

BobNChe
Posted
Posted

First I will say that I apologize to the members and crew of this forum for unknowingly bringing trouble from another forum to this one. I thought enough time had passed so that things were pretty much dead and buried regarding any past issues. I will not stand by amd see the members here affected like others were and still are over there!I will settle the matter quite easily. I have spoken to the owner and this is now a private party by invitation only. Invitations will by sent by PM. If you don't have one, don't show up because you will not be allowed to attend. PM me or Lee if you don't get one and you want one. See how easy that was!My best to you all!

BobNChe
Posted
Posted
I think I will drop by around 1830 - we have football practise earlier that day.Is it, by any chance, possible for the restaurant to make a glutenfree pizza for me? They sell glutenfree flour at Healthy Options, Ayala. I can pay extra for it as it's quite expensive.
I will see to it if possible! Although I'm sure it takes time for the dough to rise and all. If there is gluten free pasta there, I will get some too!

MattFromGA
Posted
Posted
I have spoken to the owner and this is now a private party by invitation only. Invitations will by sent by PM. If you don't have one, don't show up because you will not be allowed to attend.
LOL - I guess that rules me out from going. rolleyes.gif

BobNChe
Posted
Posted (edited)
I have spoken to the owner and this is now a private party by invitation only. Invitations will by sent by PM. If you don't have one, don't show up because you will not be allowed to attend.
LOL - I guess that rules me out from going. rolleyes.gif
Not necessarily! I addressed that issue with Lee privately and I told him you were welcome! PM me if you want an invitation! I would not hold grudges over silly crap on a forum! Peace!! Edited by BobNChe