What Part Of The Philippines Do You All Live In?

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
I am looking at moving from the US to Davao. I understand it's less congested than Cebu and I am not that much interested in night life or beaches, although Davao has its share. Good idea?
I am invited there by a high up military guy here to stay on his ranch...going to introduce us to the Mayor (uh oh)...and from what I hear, it is the BEST city in the Philippines....but, from what I have heard, you are safe in the city as a expat, and take your chances elsewhere. Still, being I am not afraid of many things aside from cockroaches, grizzly bears, wet farts and tampo...I might give it a go.
Sounds like very high influential people inviting you to Davao and you may just will be rubbing elbows with the rich elitelists in Filipino society there from the sound of it! But what's the purpose of their invitation to an expat like yourself? You are either a well to do individual or just know a few influential people in the higher ups of Philippine society. Sounds like that there maybe a catch or a motive somewhere in the invitation or you just know a friend of a friend of a friend in Davao! There are quite a few well to do ex military and government officials living in Davao! Good luck with your visit. I too hear that Davao is a nice place to live of all the other places in the Philippines! Give us all your feed back about Davao OK? Many like myself may be interested how Davao is like! Edited by Pinoy Art

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I am looking at moving from the US to Davao.  I understand it's less congested than Cebu and I am not that much interested in night life or beaches, although Daveo has its share.  Good idea?
David, we have a niece who lives there with her husband and children and we visited her a while back and it was a nice place but to me it is still part of Mindanao and a part that has a lot of the richer Muslim clans chiefs that live there. May be a good idea and might not, I guess it is all how you look at it. Mindanao is where most of my wifes family lives and we go there ever couple of years and start out in Cagayan de Oro but they have been having power outages for many hours a day in most of Mindanao, and going without power for up to 8 hours a day is not the type of life I seek in the Philippines. Maybe someone else who lives in Davao can tell us if they are still having those outages Davao wide, but our niece said it was happening all the time the last few times my wife spoke to her.  I will have my wife call or text her again soon for an update.  We live in Cebu part of the year and in Florida the rest.

T.Monk
Posted
Posted
I am looking at moving from the US to Davao. I understand it's less congested than Cebu and I am not that much interested in night life or beaches, although Davao has its share. Good idea?
I am invited there by a high up military guy here to stay on his ranch...going to introduce us to the Mayor (uh oh)...and from what I hear, it is the BEST city in the Philippines....but, from what I have heard, you are safe in the city as a expat, and take your chances elsewhere. Still, being I am not afraid of many things aside from cockroaches, grizzly bears, wet farts and tampo...I might give it a go.
Sounds like very high influential people inviting you to Davao and you may just will be rubbing elbows with the rich elitelists in Filipino society there from the sound of it! But what's the purpose of their invitation to an expat like yourself? You are either a well to do individual or just know a few influential people in the higher ups of Philippine society. Sounds like that there maybe a catch or a motive somewhere in the invitation or you just know a friend of a friend of a friend in Davao! There are quite a few well to do ex military and government officials living in Davao! Good luck with your visit. I too hear that Davao is a nice place to live of all the other places in the Philippines! Give us all your feed back about Davao OK? Many like myself may be interested how Davao is like!
Is there a problem with posting,I don't see any new content. If there are posting problems or any other please let us know.1%20%28172%29.gif
No problem. I at 1st thought Pin was responding to me, but now I see he is respondind to the "Insoector." It's early for me here. Sorry. David

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Here is Davao Light & Powers site Seems the outages are still going on and will probably continue for quite a while. If that does not bother you then Davao may be a place to move to. Starting June 14, Davao Light and Power Company has announced that the schedule for the ongoing rotational power outages will be changed to provide for a more equitable distribution of outages taking into account the varying and competing needs of its customers. Instead of having the same time of outage on a given day, the time will vary every week. For example, if your schedule in the present scheme is 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM every Monday, this will change to 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM on the Monday of next week, to 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM the next Monday, and the cycle repeats.  

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I am looking at moving from the US to Davao. I understand it's less congested than Cebu and I am not that much interested in night life or beaches, although Daveo has its share. Good idea?
David, we have a niece who lives there with her husband and children and we visited her a while back and it was a nice place but to me it is still part of Mindanao and a part that has a lot of the richer Muslim clans chiefs that live there. May be a good idea and might not, I guess it is all how you look at it. Mindanao is where most of my wifes family lives and we go there ever couple of years and start out in Cagayan de Oro but they have been having power outages for many hours a day in most of Mindanao, and going without power for up to 8 hours a day is not the type of life I seek in the Philippines. Maybe someone else who lives in Davao can tell us if they are still having those outages Davao wide, but our niece said it was happening all the time the last few times my wife spoke to her. I will have my wife call or text her again soon for an update.
It appears the outages are not as bad in Mindanao as before,I did read just before of torrential rains and flash floods in Davao at the moment.Anyway I spent a week there when I got married and to me it was a safe clean place,went out of the city a bit and no problems. The city is much cleaner than Cebu or at least it was as I have not been there in about 3 years.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Since power outages is again being a common occurrence all over the Philippines, I think we'll stay put where we live, because Central Luzon seems to have the less amount of power outages! "Knock on wood"! Ever since the last Hurricane, we've only experienced only a hand full of short power outages at any given time only lasting seconds to 30 minutes! :)

• Like 1

ekimswish
Posted
Posted
Hiya: I looked around, and could find a few members on different post say they live in Cebu, or Manilla, and what not. So, I thought it might be a good idea to have a Post where everyone here could list we they live at, or if they are going to move here, where they will move to. Who Knows, some of us just might have a neighbor that we did not even know lived just down the road. That neighbor might have beer..........I live in Morong, Bataan. The house is on morong road, about 20 minites drive from subic bay/olongapo. It fact, i even put it up on Google earth, via panaramo. hehe. I would tell you the address, but there isnt one. I asked, "Then how in the hell did all the boxes we sent for over 15 years make it here?" I was told they just ask around............I will never complain about the US Postal service ever again. LOL. So where do the rest of you all live?
Hi WinWe live in near Palo Leyte and UKBuilt a house there, in PI, 4 years ago.
Palo, nice. We're looking to live in Tacloban and/or Julita later this year. Julita's inland from Dulag about 10 minutes, halfway to Buaren.

• 2 weeks later...
Washingtonian
Posted
Posted

I think it is great idea to know where people live. I always wonder where people live in America or anywhere.I was born in Florida, live in Washington, DC for 40 years. I now live most of the time in Shanghai, and the rest of the time in Cebu.I love Cebu. I don't mind the so called "hot weather." It is sure nice in the winter when I come here from Shanghai or Washington, DC.I live in The Crown Regency downtown next to Robinson Mall. At first I thought I was not going to like all the noise and traffic, but the convenenience outweighs the noise/traffic.I have been to Manila only twice and for no longer than a day. I have never toured Luzon or Mindanao.I have a lot to experience.Washingtonian.

Michael
Posted
Posted

We live in Oslob Cebu in a little house by expat standards on the beach and Montana by the mountains in the summer. We are trying the six months in Oslob and are currently spending six months in Montana. We will be headed back to Oslob around October 1st. We have children and grandchildren that are fun to visit in the states. There are a few expats from all over in the Oslob area.

Jake
Posted
Posted
We live in Oslob Cebu in a little house by expat standards on the beach and Montana by the mountains in the summer. We are trying the six months in Oslob and are currently spending six months in Montana. We will be headed back to Oslob around October 1st. We have children and grandchildren that are fun to visit in the states. There are a few expats from all over in the Oslob area.
Hello Michael,Wow, all the way down in Oslob, Cebu? Looks like a very picturesque village with all those aqua blue beaches. Google Earth shows a nice coastal drive. How long is a bus ride from Cebu City? I must commend you guys living on the edge, away from the big city, traffic and pollution. I don't know if I could handle that -- I think I'm too spoiled already from all the conveniences.Respectfully -- Jake