3. 3. Do you know anyone with a maid?

• Yes
    • No
    • Have my own
  4. 4. Are maids trustworthy?

• I belive so
    • Would not trust one in my home
    • Had bad experience
  5. 5. You have a maid, is she part of your family now?

• Yes
    • No
    • Love her as much as my wife!
  6. 6. Do you have a maid part time only?

• Yes
    • No

twostrokes
Posted
Posted
With wife #1 in 60's , had maid, no problems cost me php25/moWith wife #2 in 70's , had maid, problems, no more maid after that.With wife #3 in late 70's no maid, lots of problems with wife though, heheWith wife #4 in late 80's tried maid, wife didn't like it, got rid of maid. Kept wife. Still sometimes wonder if I made the right choice.hahaha. Will we have one when we return, no way is it gonna happen. Too many things grew legs and walk away last time.Jim
Hey JimHope wife#4 dont read last comment or to accommodate #5 we will need to give you more space on the forum SugarwareZ-005.gif
Yea, I live dangerously...but won't be wife #5...from now on if I ever get rid of #4, will strictly rent for short periods of time only. But, still won't have a maid.jim

• 2 weeks later...
Tatoosh
Posted
Posted

I don't know about "trusting" a maid. Some you can, some you can't. If you have a number of maids/helpers then something will go missing after awhile. That doesn't mean they are all dishonest. But I wouldn't start out trusting a helper blindly when I first hired her (or him).

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

in our home, we had a YAYA for the child, which was very helpful as she not only took care of the child but did do some house cleaning, some food preparation, . never had things "GO MISSING" only when she was given the day off, sometimes she was "missing" for a day or 2. (turns out she was w/her friends & didnt want to return except she needed money, so she had to work)at the time we paid about 2500php (2004-2008) plus php for her personal toiletries (150 month)what about others here in the forum, who has children, how has your experience been with Maid/Yaya?

Edited by ed villas

brock
Posted
Posted

We did`nt have a maid, but our lodgers did, They rented 1 room, husband and wife and baby, The wife did`nt work, but she got a maid to help with chores and caring for the baby, The wife just played cards all day and night in our yard.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
We did`nt have a maid, but our lodgers did, They rented 1 room, husband and wife and baby, The wife did`nt work, but she got a maid to help with chores and caring for the baby, The wife just played cards all day and night in our yard.
Guess her card playing was much more important than caring for her child... is this typical of RP mothers to do this ? or depends on the educational level ?

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Ed,I guess you didn't read my old posts titled "OMG! Fired Another Housekeeper"! http://www.philippin...?showtopic=7148! th_thholysheep.gif It still stands as of now! We have another live-out maid, but just til the end of the month and will be looking around again for another one! SugarwareZ-034.gif

Braddo
Posted
Posted

We have a live in maid in the PI while we are in Australia, she helps look after our kids getting them to school doing their washing and getting their food along with helping around the houseWhen we visit home she comes in very handy as we always seem to have party occasions and beach excursions with our newly extended family which every year it seems to grow largerThe maid is my wifes cousin ( most of the PI is my wifes cousin) it seems and the money helps send her sister to school so helps all round, she is part of the family now and we treat her as suchI have a soft heart for these poeple so even though we could do without a maid if we can afford to have one well why not help them as well as helping usCheers

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
We have a live in maid in the PI while we are in Australia, she helps look after our kids getting them to school doing their washing and getting their food along with helping around the houseWhen we visit home she comes in very handy as we always seem to have party occasions and beach excursions with our newly extended family which every year it seems to grow largerThe maid is my wifes cousin ( most of the PI is my wifes cousin) it seems and the money helps send her sister to school so helps all round, she is part of the family now and we treat her as suchI have a soft heart for these poeple so even though we could do without a maid if we can afford to have one well why not help them as well as helping usCheers
Hey Braddo,I could remember the devastation that you and Boss Man describe during the massive floods that hit your area.And yet, in spite of your own suffering, you guys openly display a soft heart. It got me all warm and fuzzy! Welldone guys.Respectfully -- Jake

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

My wife has two maids/nannies. She took care of two kids and the house all by herself when we lived in Korea, without any friends or family to break the monotony of it. We pay the nannies 2k each, 500pesos more than the going rate. She's known them her whole life, as they're from just down the street. They're really good people. We had another nanny before, who took care of my step-children while we were out of country and they left the province and stayed in Marikina (near Manila). Once we left, she became a horrible person, skimmed money, lied, and fed our kids crap. She was always out trying to drink with her friends and land another man (married to a murderer from our hometown). She's gone now. Hopefully gone for good.

intrepid
Posted
Posted

My wife and her family members who live in and around Manila usually find their maids in their home province, Negros. They usually have pretty good luck with them for various reasons. Most of them usually work for several years. My wife is not really strict, but she does expect the maids to do their work. For the most part, it is more/less helping her with whatever she needs help with. Except,....cooking because she is a really good cook and does not need much help there. Besides, most locals from the province don't know how to make western dishes.danny