3. 3. Do you know anyone with a maid?

• Yes
    • No
    • Have my own
  4. 4. Are maids trustworthy?

• I belive so
    • Would not trust one in my home
    • Had bad experience
  5. 5. You have a maid, is she part of your family now?

• Yes
    • No
    • Love her as much as my wife!
  6. 6. Do you have a maid part time only?

• Yes
    • No

piglett
Posted
Posted

i told my wife that if we ever have a maid/helper in the PI please make sure she is old & ugly I looked her rite in the eye & told her this she said "ok no problem"it's not me that would make the 1st move on the maid but if the maid made the move on me she mite just get a "going over " if i had a weak momentpiglett

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
it's not me that would make the 1st move on the maid but if the maid made the move on me she mite just get a "going over " if i had a weak momentpiglett
ah I get it now,you are going to give the maid a complete medical check up. Make sure you tell the doc to give her a good going over.No good hiring a maid with a bad back.rolleyes.gif

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I do not think we would ever have a live in maid, but I have hired a lady to come in and do the hard floor scrubbing and wash the clothing a few times during our last stay in Cebu and my wife felt she could get it done faster and better by doing it herself, so after a few times the wife insisted on doing just that. I guess we both like our privacy, so having another woman wondering around our home must bother her, so I wonder if they have any girlyboy maid services, I am sure that would not bother her as much. :emostrongbow: Here in the US a maid service is way too expensive, so she does her own cleaning, so I guess she figures that if she can do it here in a much larger home, then why not do it there too. sad.gif I would prefer a maid and especially one dressed in one of those sexy maid outfits. :lol: I really should not complain because I know I am a lucky man. :yes: post-40-0-24517900-1308836864_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

piglett
Posted
Posted
it's not me that would make the 1st move on the maid but if the maid made the move on me she mite just get a "going over " if i had a weak momentpiglett
ah I get it now,you are going to give the maid a complete medical check up. Make sure you tell the doc to give her a good going over.No good hiring a maid with a bad back.rolleyes.gif
he he he your bad B.M.

RetiredNavyGuy
Posted
Posted

I do believe in the warnings we all give newcomers about keeping a low profile and not taking unnecessary risks. Therefore, as a single guy, I do not - and would not - have a full time, live-in maid. I do have a part time maid who comes in twice a week to housekeeping and laundry. She even does toilets and windows! I have had her for several months now and nothing has gone missing. At the three month point, I gave her a raise to 300p/day for an 8 hour day. I have been told that is market rate or a little better. She seems to be happy with it, and I am happy with her work, so it seems to be a win-win for me.Were I to acquire a gf or a wife, that might change one way or another...but like Kuya Lee, I like my privacy. Not sure I could see having a live-in maid unless maybe she was a family member already.

• Like 1

piglett
Posted
Posted
I do believe in the warnings we all give newcomers about keeping a low profile and not taking unnecessary risks. Therefore, as a single guy, I do not - and would not - have a full time, live-in maid. I do have a part time maid who comes in twice a week to housekeeping and laundry. She even does toilets and windows! I have had her for several months now and nothing has gone missing. At the three month point, I gave her a raise to 300p/day for an 8 hour day. I have been told that is market rate or a little better. She seems to be happy with it, and I am happy with her work, so it seems to be a win-win for me.Were I to acquire a gf or a wife, that might change one way or another...but like Kuya Lee, I like my privacy. Not sure I could see having a live-in maid unless maybe she was a family member already.
well maybe you can find a nice live in gf to take care of some duties in the bedroom & the maid can handle the rest of the place :cheers: :as-if: :)piglett

• 6 months later...
Mugs
Posted
Posted
I would have a maid, if the home I rented needed one.I currently live in a 2 bedroom apartment, which definitely doesn't need a maid.When we (myself and two Filipinas) lived together in Bogo, we didn't need one then either. Although the home was large, two girls, full time living there, certainly took care of it ... and me, quite well. smile.gif
two girls you are my idol :sign0095: do a lot of guys there have two girls?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I would have a maid, if the home I rented needed one.I currently live in a 2 bedroom apartment, which definitely doesn't need a maid.When we (myself and two Filipinas) lived together in Bogo, we didn't need one then either. Although the home was large, two girls, full time living there, certainly took care of it ... and me, quite well. smile.gif
two girls you are my idol :sign0095: do a lot of guys there have two girls?
No but some like above found it did not work in the end but their ego got a boost for awhile at the expense other peoples feelings.

• 3 weeks later...
KanoJoe
Posted
Posted
With wife #1 in 60's , had maid, no problems cost me php25/moWith wife #2 in 70's , had maid, problems, no more maid after that.With wife #3 in late 70's no maid, lots of problems with wife though, heheWith wife #4 in late 80's tried maid, wife didn't like it, got rid of maid. Kept wife. Still sometimes wonder if I made the right choice.hahaha. Will we have one when we return, no way is it gonna happen. Too many things grew legs and walk away last time.Jim
The lesson here is to keep the maid and forget the wives... Cheaper in the long run...