Dropping Off Forums

Singers
Posted
Posted

Sad Day,Of the 11 posts in the last 24 hours -- 6 are "in-house" concoctions... UK Tom

UZI
Posted
Posted
Sad Day,Of the 11 posts in the last 24 hours -- 6 are "in-house" concoctions... UK Tom
Tom,I am not in Cebu but I think it is more of a sad note that nobody has responded to Matt's
Another idea I was looking at last year which I also haven't had time to do was to organise a team event from abroad where people will come to the Philippines for 1 - 2 weeks and build/renovate a school or house etc. for people that really needed it something anyone can pick up on if they are looking for something to do in a community spirit. The Chinese community organise their own fire brigade while we sit here arguing over Forums and Blogs.. its about time we started doing something positive..
What could we achieve by us getting together, rolling up our sleeves, buying a load of paint & painting a school or church etc with the girls sorting out the BBQ :yes: & mopping our brows 36_1_47[1].gif11_12_14[1].gif

Singers
Posted
Posted (edited)
Tom,I am not in Cebu but I think it is more of a sad note that nobody has responded to Matt's
Another idea I was looking at last year which I also haven't had time to do was to organise a team event from abroad where people will come to the Philippines for 1 - 2 weeks and build/renovate a school or house etc. for people that really needed it something anyone can pick up on if they are looking for something to do in a community spirit. The Chinese community organise their own fire brigade while we sit here arguing over Forums and Blogs.. its about time we started doing something positive..
What could we achieve by us getting together, rolling up our sleeves, buying a load of paint & painting a school or church etc with the girls sorting out the BBQ :yes: & mopping our brows 36_1_47[1].gif11_12_14[1].gif
Taken - "as read" Uzi Tom

post-688-12750408890596_thumb.jpg

Edited by Singers

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Hey SingersCould you tell me what you are saying in your last post? (Above):D

Singers
Posted
Posted (edited)
Hey SingersCould you tell me what you are saying in your last post? (Above):D
Do you mean, Taken - "as read" Uzi, ???Which means, IMO, Read and understood AND the attachment Picture would be, "shorthand" UK vernacular, meaning IMO Uzi "Yes Uzi I will shut up" BUT Uzi may think something completely different.???UK Tom Edited by Singers

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Tom, I am not quite sure what the above means or why you posted it, but I guess what I find sad is that some members (not you) seem to have forgotten how they got where they are today, and them dropping off forums or just reading forums does not contribute what they learned to help others. I often see members reading or walking around the Philippines who had asked questions in the past and who had learned from others and who surely would have made many more mistakes had they not had the knowledge of others to guide them. I often wonder what I am missing out on by some of those who have learned something that I do not know because they have not shared it with us. I wonder why some share it with me on the phone but do not post it. I learned something not long ago from one member on the phone that he could have told others on the forum and it would have possibly saved others money because things had changed over time and he knew about the change months before he told me and he did not feel the need to share it, so I wondered why and while I did not wish to ask him or others why they do not share their knowledge, it does concern me that I and others might be missing out on what they had learned while living in the Philippines that could help myself and others.  I hate to take credit for what others have learned, but I do post things that I have learned from others in person or on the phone, but I would much rather that they get credit for helping others than I do.  My motto is basically to do unto others what we would like them to do unto us and while I may fail at times, I and others contribute a lot of our time to help others. Boss Man made this forum to help others, I spend a lot of time on it to help others. The owner and the Forum Support Team are on here as often as their time schedule permits to help others by approving New Members posts ASAP and by responding to those who seek answers. Many members such as yourself are on here as often as possible and responding to questions people ask. So I find myself asking myself the question, why do some members read all the time and yet never post and I wonder if it could be the forum software, skins  or possibly the members permission settings that could be set incorrectly and that possibly I messed up along the way. I know that many people have knowledge that they could share, so the big question in my mind is why do they not share it and help others who may need their help? 

Singers
Posted
Posted (edited)
Tom, I am not quite sure what the above means or why you posted it, ....................I know that many people have knowledge that they could share, so the big question in my mind is why do they not share it and help others who may need their help?
Lee, in reply to the 1st. line , Tom, I am not quite sure what the above means or why you posted it, I mean, rewording it "why have only 5 members posted in the last 24 hours".The answer, or at least An answer is "smugness". IMOSelf contented smugness. ! The "I am alright Jo" screw you mentality. So the knowledge they have gained from forums has set them on the right course and they will not share. IMO they are ingrates.In the following I do not speak for, or have I conferred with, anyone in this regard....Tropical pen made huge efferts to "Help others" on this and other Forums and got kicked in the Bollocks - metaphorically speaking. IMO.Also the drop off of contributor's to forums, IMO, results from "Cutting" with a heavy hand so resulting in the "silent majority" deleting their LINk to a forum that bores them. IMO Boss posted regarding an ADVERT for a teenager as G/F "financially assisted" student . That had a response branding the advertiser Perverted. IMO the guy was honest. His business and such simple minded "branding" leaves me shaking my head at such puerile self-righteous drivel.In a restaurant in Tacloban, much frequented by ex Military Kano, the message board has notes from Filipina students LOOKING for sponsors.!!!It is not unusual to see a group of students in uniform having "snacks" with their sponsors. They are not hurting anyone and why should they be labeledPerverts. So when I read such "branding' on this forum I feel like "switching OFF". ALL IMHO SugarwareZ-267.gif UK Tom Edited by Singers

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Tom, I am not quite sure what the above means or why you posted it, ....................I know that many people have knowledge that they could share, so the big question in my mind is why do they not share it and help others who may need their help?
Lee, in reply to the 1st. line , Tom, I am not quite sure what the above means or why you posted it, I mean, rewording it "why have only 5 members posted in the last 24 hours".The answer, or at least An answer is "smugness". IMOSelf contented smugness. ! The "I am alright Jo" screw you mentality. So the knowledge they have gained from forums has set them on the right course and they will not share. IMO they are ingrates.In the following I do not speak for, or have I conferred with, anyone in this regard....Tropical pen made huge efferts to "Help others" on this and other Forums and got kicked in the Bollocks - metaphorically speaking. IMO.Also the drop off of contributor's to forums, IMO, results from "Cutting" with a heavy hand so resulting in the "silent majority" deleting their LINk to a forum that bores them. IMO Boss posted regarding an ADVERT for a teenager as G/F "financially assisted" student . That had a response branding the advertiser Perverted. IMO the guy was honest. His business and such simple minded "branding" leaves me shaking my head at such puerile self-righteous drivel.In a restaurant in Tacloban, much frequented by ex Military Kano, the message board has notes from Filipina students LOOKING for sponsors.!!!It is not unusual to see a group of students in uniform having "snacks" with their sponsors. They are not hurting anyone and why should they be labeledPerverts. So when I read such "branding' on this forum I feel like "switching OFF". ALL IMHO SugarwareZ-267.gif UK Tom
Also the drop off of contributor's to forums, IMO, results from "Cutting" with a heavy hand so resulting in the "silent majority" deleting their LINk to a forum that bores them. IMO
Just trying to figure this out
It is not unusual to see a group of students in uniform having "snacks" with their sponsors. They are not hurting anyone and why should they be labeledPerverts. So when I read such "branding' on this forum I feel like "switching OFF".
So what I am trying to understand here is that you wish to switch off the forum because you did not like someones comment but on the other hand you feel that the forum is heavily moderated.What do you want???Refer to my signature. :lol:

Singers
Posted
Posted (edited)
Lee, in reply to the 1st. line , Tom, I am not quite sure what the above means or why you posted it, I mean, rewording it "why have only 5 members posted in the last 24 hours".The answer, or at least An answer is "smugness". IMOSelf contented smugness. ! The "I am alright Jo" screw you mentality. So the knowledge they have gained from forums has set them on the right course and they will not share. IMO they are ingrates.In the following I do not speak for, or have I conferred with, anyone in this regard....Tropical pen made huge efferts to "Help others" on this and other Forums and got kicked in the Bollocks - metaphorically speaking. IMO.Also the drop off of contributor's to forums, IMO, results from "Cutting" with a heavy hand so resulting in the "silent majority" deleting their LINk to a forum that bores them. IMO Boss posted regarding an ADVERT for a teenager as G/F "financially assisted" student . That had a response branding the advertiser Perverted. IMO the guy was honest. His business and such simple minded "branding" leaves me shaking my head at such puerile self-righteous drivel.In a restaurant in Tacloban, much frequented by ex Military Kano, the message board has notes from Filipina students LOOKING for sponsors.!!!It is not unusual to see a group of students in uniform having "snacks" with their sponsors. They are not hurting anyone and why should they be labeledPerverts. So when I read such "branding' on this forum I feel like "switching OFF". ALL IMHO http://philippines-e...tyle_emoticons/default/SugarwareZ-267.gif UK Tom
Also the drop off of contributor's to forums, IMO, results from "Cutting" with a heavy hand so resulting in the "silent majority" deleting their LINk to a forum that bores them. IMO
Just trying to figure this out
It is not unusual to see a group of students in uniform having "snacks" with their sponsors. They are not hurting anyone and why should they be labeledPerverts. So when I read such "branding' on this forum I feel like "switching OFF".
So what I am trying to understand here is that you wish to switch off the forum because you did not like someones comment but on the other hand you feel that the forum is heavily moderated.What do you want???Refer to my signature. :cheers:
"Fiddling while Rome burns" springs to mind."Feeling like" and doing are not the same thing and in fact I was hinting at a possible reason why so many have SWITCHED off. IMO the "cutting" was on the most active thread and "cutting ones nose" springs to mind on that topichttp://philippines-expats.com/public/style_emoticons/default/SugarwareZ-225.gifUK Tom Edited by Jollygoodfellow

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Lee, in reply to the 1st. line , Tom, I am not quite sure what the above means or why you posted it, I mean, rewording it "why have only 5 members posted in the last 24 hours".The answer, or at least An answer is "smugness". IMOSelf contented smugness. ! The "I am alright Jo" screw you mentality. So the knowledge they have gained from forums has set them on the right course and they will not share. IMO they are ingrates.In the following I do not speak for, or have I conferred with, anyone in this regard....Tropical pen made huge efferts to "Help others" on this and other Forums and got kicked in the Bollocks - metaphorically speaking. IMO.Also the drop off of contributor's to forums, IMO, results from "Cutting" with a heavy hand so resulting in the "silent majority" deleting their LINk to a forum that bores them. IMO Boss posted regarding an ADVERT for a teenager as G/F "financially assisted" student . That had a response branding the advertiser Perverted. IMO the guy was honest. His business and such simple minded "branding" leaves me shaking my head at such puerile self-righteous drivel.In a restaurant in Tacloban, much frequented by ex Military Kano, the message board has notes from Filipina students LOOKING for sponsors.!!!It is not unusual to see a group of students in uniform having "snacks" with their sponsors. They are not hurting anyone and why should they be labeledPerverts. So when I read such "branding' on this forum I feel like "switching OFF". ALL IMHO SugarwareZ-267.gif UK Tom
UK Tom thank you for your reply because it is how you feel why some members may not post or have dropped off forums, I do not feel that way and I know many of those members personally and I have to wonder why they do not post because they are nice people in person or on the phone, but I know many of them were thankful in the past and some may feel they do not have something to share, but they would be wrong IMO. Now to go to the other part of your post which may stray me off topic some.I believe you are talking about This Thread where a member posted his opinion that the guy was a pervert. All views and opinions are usually welcome and I reserved mine in that thread because I sort of felt the same way, that the guy was possibly a married man looking for a discrete affair and as he said "if we work out" then he would HELP with tuition and other expenses. So IMO first he wanted sex based on his above words and then he would help out if he was happy with the person.Here is the exact quote from that post "I'm an American Professional living in Cebu. I'm 41, brown hair, blue eyes, Caucasian, athletic and well educated. I'm looking for a pretty, interesting, student for a LTR (ages 18-24). This is a discreet relationship. If we work out, I'm willing to help you with your tuition and other expenses." He states he is 41 and athletic and educated and I feel that anyone with any experience in the Philippines would know that anyone, and I do mean anyone, even a person who is ugly or handicapped in some way, would have no problems meeting young ladies in the Philippines for friendship and possibly a relationship.  Next, he states discreet (LTR) long term relationship which would lead me to believe that he is already married but possibly he has other reasons, but they do seem to lend to the probability that something is not correct with the other stated parts since he does not state marriage. He wants a lady 18-24 and we know most college students would be closer to 18, or at least to start out. I am sorry but I too feel that the guy seems to be leaning in the pervert direction. Now back to the topic at hand. There is no pleasing everyone and one person sends us a report that they feel a post is offensive and when we (The Team) make it invisible or move it to a place only we can see and then decide to edit or delete it, then others complain we are unfair to others because we sensor. Well, I feel that after a member has been told in pm's what he is doing wrong and then continues on in that vain, then they should know why we have deleted some of their next posts which do the same.I feel we have done as much as we can to create a forum of helpfulness and we will never please everyone and while I feel very bad that some members left because of me or possibly what I did, most members have no idea what went on behind the scenes or all the pm's and emails that went back and forth to try to resolve the issues. I believe you and I have had pm's in the past, so I think you know that I do at least try to do my best. Let me state for the record, I am against people who use or abuse Filipinos, be they male or female and I am against those who go to the Philippines for just sex, but I am but one person and I fully understand that is part of what goes on, yet I do not have to like it, and I do have to accept it, and at the same time I do not have to be a part of anyone or anything that promotes it. I am no prude and people should be allowed to do whatever they wish to do, but I hoped this forum would be for members who wished to be in real relationships or those who are, and then there are nitelife forums for those who wish to play and that is why there is even a link at the bottom of this forum for such a forum, not because we wish to promote it, but because the owner wishes to give people that alternative. It is my hope that unhappy members would at least send me or others in the Team their complaints and then we can try to deal with them behind the scenes of the open forum. My pm box and my email is open for members to tell me anything they wish to, and I do my best to reply to all who contact me.