Dropping Off Forums

Singers
Posted
Posted
Lee, in reply to the 1st. line , Tom, I am not quite sure what the above means or why you posted it, I mean, rewording it "why have only 5 members posted in the last 24 hours".The answer, or at least An answer is "smugness". IMOSelf contented smugness. ! The "I am alright Jo" screw you mentality. So the knowledge they have gained from forums has set them on the right course and they will not share. IMO they are ingrates.In the following I do not speak for, or have I conferred with, anyone in this regard....Tropical pen made huge efferts to "Help others" on this and other Forums and got kicked in the Bollocks - metaphorically speaking. IMO.Also the drop off of contributor's to forums, IMO, results from "Cutting" with a heavy hand so resulting in the "silent majority" deleting their LINk to a forum that bores them. IMO Boss posted regarding an ADVERT for a teenager as G/F "financially assisted" student . That had a response branding the advertiser Perverted. IMO the guy was honest. His business and such simple minded "branding" leaves me shaking my head at such puerile self-righteous drivel.In a restaurant in Tacloban, much frequented by ex Military Kano, the message board has notes from Filipina students LOOKING for sponsors.!!!It is not unusual to see a group of students in uniform having "snacks" with their sponsors. They are not hurting anyone and why should they be labeledPerverts. So when I read such "branding' on this forum I feel like "switching OFF". ALL IMHO http://philippines-e...tyle_emoticons/default/SugarwareZ-267.gif UK Tom
UK Tom thank you for your reply because it is how you feel why some members may not post or have dropped off forums, I do not feel that way and I know many of those members personally and I have to wonder why they do not post because they are nice people in person or on the phone, but I know many of them were thankful in the past and some may feel they do not have something to share, but they would be wrong IMO. Now to go to the other part of your post which may stray me off topic some.I believe you are talking about This Thread where a member posted his opinion that the guy was a pervert. All views and opinions are usually welcome and I reserved mine in that thread because I sort of felt the same way, that the guy was possibly a married man looking for a discrete affair and as he said "if we work out" then he would HELP with tuition and other expenses. So IMO first he wanted sex based on his above words and then he would help out if he was happy with the person.Here is the exact quote from that post "I'm an American Professional living in Cebu. I'm 41, brown hair, blue eyes, Caucasian, athletic and well educated. I'm looking for a pretty, interesting, student for a LTR (ages 18-24). This is a discreet relationship. If we work out, I'm willing to help you with your tuition and other expenses." He states he is 41 and athletic and educated and I feel that anyone with any experience in the Philippines would know that anyone, and I do mean anyone, even a person who is ugly or handicapped in some way, would have no problems meeting young ladies in the Philippines for friendship and possibly a relationship. Next, he states discreet (LTR) long term relationship which would lead me to believe that he is already married but possibly he has other reasons, but they do seem to lend to the probability that something is not correct with the other stated parts since he does not state marriage. He wants a lady 18-24 and we know most college students would be closer to 18, or at least to start out. I am sorry but I too feel that the guy seems to be leaning in the pervert direction. Now back to the topic at hand. There is no pleasing everyone and one person sends us a report that they feel a post is offensive and when we (The Team) make it invisible or move it to a place only we can see and then decide to edit or delete it, then others complain we are unfair to others because we sensor. Well, I feel that after a member has been told in pm's what he is doing wrong and then continues on in that vain, then they should know why we have deleted some of their next posts which do the same.I feel we have done as much as we can to create a forum of helpfulness and we will never please everyone and while I feel very bad that some members left because of me or possibly what I did, most members have no idea what went on behind the scenes or all the pm's and emails that went back and forth to try to resolve the issues. I believe you and I have had pm's in the past, so I think you know that I do at least try to do my best. Let me state for the record, I am against people who use or abuse Filipinos, be they male or female and I am against those who go to the Philippines for just sex, but I am but one person and I fully understand that is part of what goes on, yet I do not have to like it, and I do have to accept it, and at the same time I do not have to be a part of anyone or anything that promotes it. I am no prude and people should be allowed to do whatever they wish to do, but I hoped this forum would be for members who wished to be in real relationships or those who are, and then there are nitelife forums for those who wish to play and that is why there is even a link at the bottom of this forum for such a forum, not because we wish to promote it, but because the owner wishes to give people that alternative. It is my hope that unhappy members would at least send me or others in the Team their complaints and then we can try to deal with them behind the scenes of the open forum. My pm box and my email is open for members to tell me anything they wish to, and I do my best to reply to all who contact me.
Thanks for that honesty Lee,Now I can get back to figuring out "What For skin I am using?? on this Forum! ... http://philippines-e...tyle_emoticons/default/SugarwareZ-007.gif UK Tom

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Here is the exact quote from that post "I'm an American Professional living in Cebu. I'm 41, brown hair, blue eyes, Caucasian, athletic and well educated. I'm looking for a pretty, interesting, student for a LTR (ages 18-24). This is a discreet relationship. If we work out, I'm willing to help you with your tuition and other expenses."
To be fair,this advert was in the dating and personals section of the classifieds,I accidentally went there as the section I read is just above,clicked the wrong one but decided to have a look anyway. post-1-1275066047083_thumb.jpg Now before I get chastised for reading that section,trust me I don't care. Now I better get on with editing some posts and closing some topics. :lmao: Lighten up guys and girls,its all good and tomorrow is another day. :tiphat:

softail
Posted
Posted

The reason that I don't post more is simply that I don't have that much to contribute. I have only spent a little over 6 mo in the PI over about 5 trips. I have not lived in the Philippines only visited family and friends and did the tourist type things. I don't want to pass on things that I have read because I have no idea how accurate the imformation is and I don't want to pass on bad imformation. I only want to pass on ideas and imformation that I have aquired first hand.Doug and Sally

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
The reason that I don't post more is simply that I don't have that much to contribute.  I have only spent a little over 6 mo in the PI over about 5 trips.  I have not lived in the Philippines only visited family and friends and did the tourist type things.  I don't want to pass on things that I have read because I have no idea how accurate the imformation is and I don't want to pass on bad imformation.  I only want to pass on ideas and imformation that I have aquired first hand.Doug and Sally
Doug you would be amazed what you have to offer others and by just posting once in a while about things that have happened during your trips, be it shopping or travel or whatever because we each have a different prospective. Some of us live in the Philippines full time and some of us are dreaming of living in the Philippines and then there are those of us who vacation and then people like myself who go back and forth and live in both the US and the Philippines and we all see things differently and everyones opinion or prospective on things are important IMO. For instance there are people on this forum who have never even been to the Philippines and you have 6 months more experience than they do, and you know more than they do, such as how do you get your spending money while in the Philippines, what airlines do you take and which one do you find the best value for the buck and so on and so on. Another thing is that activity creates more activity for all of us to learn from. Most people do not wish to hang out on a forum with no activity, so just being on and posting once in a while or welcoming new members, lets people know that there are people out there reading their posts and that gives them more reason to post. So while I am not just directing this at you, life is give and take and if we wish to take away information, then we should also be willing to try to give some information back. I and others learned from your post today, I learned that I am not alone in feeling the way I do and others may have learned to not wait until it is too late to enjoy their lives. Balance is what life is about and knowing when to say uncle and when enough is enough, helps others to know they are not alone and not crazy for doing what they are thinking about doing. The Philippines is not for everyone and I was talking to a friend yesterday who said that his friend in the Philippines put a toilet seat on their home toilet and installed air conditioning and how he does not understand how anyone can use a toilet without a seat and since I have been to the provinces a bunch during my life, I do not know how anyone can use a public restroom and sit on a toilet seat that could have something on it that they could catch, ringworm to name just one thing and then there is flesh eating bacteria that would be much worse. So different strokes for different folks and I have not sat on a public toilet since learning how to squat over a hole or toilet many years ago. Thanks for telling us why you feel the way you do, but believe me, you know more than a lot of people who think they know it all. 

Inspector
Posted
Posted
Something come up lately and I just wanted to clear things incase any chatter goes on in the background.. I dropped off not just this forum but literally every expat forum as I have found the uses rather limited to what I am doing. I am still here at 4am not because I am sat sipping on San Mig but because I am working.. I don't mind answering posts about "where is immigration" etc. but most are already archived or there are plenty of other people who can tell new members where to go. I have haven't any issues with anyone here or on any forum as there are all walks of life and the disputes between people aren't mine. I haven't the time or interest to get involved in arguing. Someone writes a post on business 10 people will write one about not doing business here yet there are a small minority of us here that do business every day. I live here on my income from those businesses. Every business here has some degree of profit and most failures are down to trust and human error rather than the ability of the business to function. Culturally you find most people here will bring in a relative or manager to run it, that is one major flaw in any business regardless of where you are in the world trust is earned not given on a free plate and anyone looking at a business needs to realise that. It doesn't mean that its all negative as several of the people I am associated with are literally earning tens of millions of pesos a year. I myself am slowly climbing in to the P2m a year bracket and over the next 5 years will expect to be doing a lot more.So how does this tie into the forums? Mainly its time consumption as I like meeting people but often I will spend at least 2 hours a day on forums and most of that it is reading through garbage posts. E.g. someone asks about goats there would be 30-40 replies which aren't even relevant until you get to people who have ignored that and put the information you want or can help with. This Isnt directed at a single forum its just the nature of the beast. Most forums have a lot of people who do have the spare time to write on nearly every post its partly habit and its partly nothing better to do. It would be more constructive sometimes for people to just leave a post a couple of days to try and draw out some of the larger member group to try and get them involved more especially when there are a lot of people out there with more experience. I know several people here that don't write yet have had long discussions in private as regards business. I am also in the process of helping someone else develop a venture for export. At the end of the day I do more via email constructively than I do on open forums which is why the ratio of members to posts is very low on most of the expat forums as a lot of people feel intimidated or won't get the right advice.I am neither annoyed or bothered with anyone on any of the forums same as generally I don't take sides in arguments I will give opinions if asked and I can understand why some people don't get on or end up in arguments etc. but I would ask this.. Is it really worth it? arguing with someone you hardly know and may meet a couple of times a year better to agree to disagree and move on. There is more infighting on forums than I see anywhere else which is another reason I have decided to distance myself as there is no real need for it. Its not like most of the people on forums work together or have any close contact except the forums.. live and let live.. there is more to do than disputes. I know its easy to get caught up in a lot of the stuff that goes on but I have also seen people change their minds on a whim after throwing their dummy out the pram its all irrelevant. I have also seen people sabotage peoples business ventures because they don't get on.. guess what most people here wouldn't give you a second look.. the expat community should be helping each other not dragging each other down.The night out that this forum had at The Ranch I done a review to help promote the place. The owner thought it would be a bad review as its common knowledge Expats run things down instead of pick them up.. Its about time people started helping each other because nobody outside of the Expats will. Dragging over old conversations and chat doesn't fix anything what does need to be done is constructive things to show how things can be done. When we met at The Ranch there were several people saying about the problems with sponsering students, why aren't there any posts on how to put this right surely some of you out there have managed to control that problem.My post may seem negative but its more to do with looking at what is wrong and getting it put right.. the issues some have had recently are irrelevant I had dropped off the forums before then. Just wanted people to know why I am not on here.. and its nothing personal to any individual as its just purely the forums being the way they are I hope someone gets the formula right although you can't please all the people all the time..
Well, whomever you are...thanks for explaining this. I would miss you more if I knew who you were, but I will assume you are a interesting and entertaining guy, so this really sucks you aint posting here anymore. :cheersty:

Singers
Posted
Posted
Something come up lately and I just wanted to clear things incase any chatter goes on in the background.. I dropped off not just this forum but literally every expat forum as I have found the uses rather limited to what I am doing. I am still here at 4am not because I am sat sipping on San Mig but because I am working.. I don't mind answering posts about "where is immigration" etc. but most are already archived or there are plenty of other people who can tell new members where to go. I have haven't any issues with anyone here or on any forum as there are all walks of life and the disputes between people aren't mine. I haven't the time or interest to get involved in arguing. Someone writes a post on business 10 people will write one about not doing business here yet there are a small minority of us here that do business every day. I live here on my income from those businesses. Every business here has some degree of profit and most failures are down to trust and human error rather than the ability of the business to function. Culturally you find most people here will bring in a relative or manager to run it, that is one major flaw in any business regardless of where you are in the world trust is earned not given on a free plate and anyone looking at a business needs to realise that. It doesn't mean that its all negative as several of the people I am associated with are literally earning tens of millions of pesos a year. I myself am slowly climbing in to the P2m a year bracket and over the next 5 years will expect to be doing a lot more.So how does this tie into the forums? Mainly its time consumption as I like meeting people but often I will spend at least 2 hours a day on forums and most of that it is reading through garbage posts. E.g. someone asks about goats there would be 30-40 replies which aren't even relevant until you get to people who have ignored that and put the information you want or can help with. This Isnt directed at a single forum its just the nature of the beast. Most forums have a lot of people who do have the spare time to write on nearly every post its partly habit and its partly nothing better to do. It would be more constructive sometimes for people to just leave a post a couple of days to try and draw out some of the larger member group to try and get them involved more especially when there are a lot of people out there with more experience. I know several people here that don't write yet have had long discussions in private as regards business. I am also in the process of helping someone else develop a venture for export. At the end of the day I do more via email constructively than I do on open forums which is why the ratio of members to posts is very low on most of the expat forums as a lot of people feel intimidated or won't get the right advice.I am neither annoyed or bothered with anyone on any of the forums same as generally I don't take sides in arguments I will give opinions if asked and I can understand why some people don't get on or end up in arguments etc. but I would ask this.. Is it really worth it? arguing with someone you hardly know and may meet a couple of times a year better to agree to disagree and move on. There is more infighting on forums than I see anywhere else which is another reason I have decided to distance myself as there is no real need for it. Its not like most of the people on forums work together or have any close contact except the forums.. live and let live.. there is more to do than disputes. I know its easy to get caught up in a lot of the stuff that goes on but I have also seen people change their minds on a whim after throwing their dummy out the pram its all irrelevant. I have also seen people sabotage peoples business ventures because they don't get on.. guess what most people here wouldn't give you a second look.. the expat community should be helping each other not dragging each other down.The night out that this forum had at The Ranch I done a review to help promote the place. The owner thought it would be a bad review as its common knowledge Expats run things down instead of pick them up.. Its about time people started helping each other because nobody outside of the Expats will. Dragging over old conversations and chat doesn't fix anything what does need to be done is constructive things to show how things can be done. When we met at The Ranch there were several people saying about the problems with sponsering students, why aren't there any posts on how to put this right surely some of you out there have managed to control that problem.My post may seem negative but its more to do with looking at what is wrong and getting it put right.. the issues some have had recently are irrelevant I had dropped off the forums before then. Just wanted people to know why I am not on here.. and its nothing personal to any individual as its just purely the forums being the way they are I hope someone gets the formula right although you can't please all the people all the time..
Well, whomever you are...thanks for explaining this. I would miss you more if I knew who you were, but I will assume you are a interesting and entertaining guy, so this really sucks you aint posting here anymore. :cheersty:
Well Inspector,I am glad U are posting again -- MissedYA! SugarwareZ-007.gifUK Tom

Travis
Posted
Posted (edited)
Well, whomever you are...thanks for explaining this. I would miss you more if I knew who you were, but I will assume you are a interesting and entertaining guy, so this really sucks you aint posting here anymore. 508.gif
it is good to see you back on Inspector. your post was brief & to the point. thumbs-up-smile.gif  I think it sucks when anyone leaves this forum   Edited by Mr. Lee

oldutot
Posted
Posted

I like the context of the forum. What is important to me is thatthere's a involvement of Pinoysand Pinays on this forum

Sampaguita
Posted
Posted
I like the context of the forum. What is important to me is thatthere's a involvement of Pinoysand Pinays  on this forum
Thank you Oldutot,   :AddEmoticons04230:   I feel that it is important as well.  If people wish to live in or visit the Philippines then they should know how to interact with us and be comfortable with our point of view of topics.  :lol:

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

This is just my personal observation and point of view in general. To me it seems evident that there is a cultural and attitude clash between the different nationalities on any forum let alone in real life! And for this reason alone, it is the major factor why some people just don't participate in discussions on any topic for fear of being personally attacked, ridiculed or belittled and that's evident because out of the hundreds and thousands of members who have joined forums, only but a small percentage participates! There will always be prejudices and discrimination in every walks of life due to the differences of culture and attitudes where one has been brought up in his or her own home country! It's just all about human nature and how one conducts themselves in society no matter where one lives and try to fit in the scheme of things in life in general. My point is which some will often say, "if you don't like it here, leave"! We're already in our home country and we fit in, so this portion of my comments just pertains to all of the other nationalities to determine their own fate and future living here in the Philippines, weather they should stay or leave depending on their particular circumstances! The majority of foreign nationals come here to the Philippines because of the affordable lifestyle and some are for other reasons one can only guess or imagine! I'll leave that up to you all what those other reasons may be! Forums are just like reality in life in general, if no one can get along on forums, how much more difficult is it in trying to get along with others around you in real life? That's about all I have to say since I'm not into long winded posts or conversations! I don't expect anyone to reply or comment on this post! I just want people to ponder and make their own opinions based on their own observations concerning this topic!

Edited by Pinoy Art