Dropping Off Forums

retired
Posted
Posted

I will be the first to admit that i have not visited or posted on the forum in some time but it really doesn't have anything to do with being unhappy with the forum in general or any particular person or persons . :-) Have just been involved with some other interests that require a great deal of time . As for blogs and forums they both have their place but for certain are different animals . I had a blog for some time but have let it go primarily because i felt there were enough blogs & forums elsewhere related to the Philippines but also , to be candid , because i simply got tired of doing one . If i run across information that i think might be helpful i will post it though much of what i run across relates specifically to where we live and not Cebu . I will remind people though as far as sponsoring students there are many ways to do that . My wife through the charity organisation she heads here in Cagayan de Oro does a great deal of that and it seems to work well both for the student and the donor so anyone interested might wish to consider that kind of an option . Though i have never met Tropical Pen Pals in person i do consider him a friend and hope to meet up in the future as well as with other Cebu members . Sometimes life just takes us in different directions and time is something that in many cases we simply don't have enough of . Besides , since we upgraded to digital with our cable provider i am finding more to actually watch on tv . :th_interesting:

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

Hi Retired, wondered where you had disappeared to :photo-109: it would be a waste to let your blog disappear completely is it ok for me to rip the articles and ill set it up inside TP as "CDO Retired" ? as no doubt a lot of the information is relative to people in your area big problem I have with TP is that i feel sometimes I am looking out of a window because i really need peoples other perspectives, opinions and locations. Your right about too many blogs etc. being online as most are splintered.. it actually makes more sense to have one huge blog with multiple writers that way people can pick their own area but still be interconnected with everyone else if they choose to...As regards dropping off the forums (as its not singular I have dropped off 5+) I will drop in from time to time when im not doing other things i just don't participate as much as I used to.. but then again that could be a good thing if someone new replies more as it lets new people drive the site.

• 1 month later...
tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

Had so much going on lately I wonder what spare time is.. seems that business wise been very busy as well as socially. The stuff I have been doing on the blog has also been very busy as its started to move in the right direction resulting in a huge amount of interest from advertisers as well as people wanting events covering or promoting. So I apologise for not posting as regular as I would like but at the same time its good that others are posting its getting the cross references from different points of view that make it all worth doing. My views are only part of life here and I like hearing things from others so its also good ive been quiet :)