Photography Of The Philippines

BluesDude
Posted
Posted

I'm wondering if this might be an appropriate section of the forum to post a photo of the Philippines every few days. Instead of creating an album, I'd rather post here as a topic. That way I could also give some photography tips. Please let me know if this is something you might be interested in seeing here.post-352-013806400 1287110097_thumb.jpgThe above photo was taken of a small fishing village on the Zambales coast on the island of Luzon. It was taken at sunset which gives it the long shadows and warm light. Generally, the best times of the day to take pictures is in the early morning hours or around sunset. The sunlight has to travel through more atmosphere during those times which will oftentimes give you warm, rich lighting.

Jake
Posted
Posted

Excellent shot BluesDude! Nice warm colors to entice anyone to the tropical paradise. I was born in Olongapo, Zambalesand learned how to body surf at San Miguel Naval Comm Station, about 45 minutes drive north. It would be nice to seemore of your artistic work.Thank you sir -- Jake

Gold Heart
Posted
Posted
I'm wondering if this might be an appropriate section of the forum to post a photo of the Philippines every few days. Instead of creating an album, I'd rather post here as a topic. That way I could also give some photography tips. Please let me know if this is something you might be interested in seeing here.post-352-013806400 1287110097_thumb.jpgThe above photo was taken of a small fishing village on the Zambales coast on the island of Luzon. It was taken at sunset which gives it the long shadows and warm light. Generally, the best times of the day to take pictures is in the early morning hours or around sunset. The sunlight has to travel through more atmosphere during those times which will oftentimes give you warm, rich lighting.
We may have two interests in common if I read what your name implies. It remains my goal to pursue a hobby of photography. I admire your work as evidenced by this shot and appreciate the tips. What camera do you use? How much touching if any was done with photoshop?Thanks

MikeB
Posted
Posted
I'm wondering if this might be an appropriate section of the forum to post a photo of the Philippines every few days. Instead of creating an album, I'd rather post here as a topic. That way I could also give some photography tips. Please let me know if this is something you might be interested in seeing here.The above photo was taken of a small fishing village on the Zambales coast on the island of Luzon. It was taken at sunset which gives it the long shadows and warm light. Generally, the best times of the day to take pictures is in the early morning hours or around sunset. The sunlight has to travel through more atmosphere during those times which will oftentimes give you warm, rich lighting.
I would love to see more of your pictures. Perhaps you could use the new blog section of the site to post them and write about photography. Seems like a good venue for it. Thanks.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I'm wondering if this might be an appropriate section of the forum to post a photo of the Philippines every few days. Instead of creating an album, I'd rather post here as a topic. That way I could also give some photography tips. Please let me know if this is something you might be interested in seeing here.The above photo was taken of a small fishing village on the Zambales coast on the island of Luzon. It was taken at sunset which gives it the long shadows and warm light. Generally, the best times of the day to take pictures is in the early morning hours or around sunset. The sunlight has to travel through more atmosphere during those times which will oftentimes give you warm, rich lighting.
BluesDude excellent idea and beautiful work, and yes I would love to see more of it posted, and this section is a good place for posts like that which relate to the Philippines because it lets us all get to know you and your work better, but also as MikeB suggested, you might wish to create your own blog HERE in the blog section of this forum and expand even more on your work that does not relate to the Philippines, and anything else you wish to share with members.
I would love to see more of your pictures. Perhaps you could use the new blog section of the site to post them and write about photography. Seems like a good venue for it. Thanks.
Great idea Mike. :th_thbarbaque: 

BluesDude
Posted
Posted

Thank you Jake. I was stationed in NAS Cubi Point, Subic Bay for five years back in the 1980's. I lived in Barrio Barretto, just a few clicks up the bay from Olongapo. This photo was taken near San Miguel. The South China Sea coast side of Zambales is a really nice spot. You're a lucky guy to have grown up there. If I continue to post here, many of the photos will be from that area. Some images will be from back in the day, and some will be more current. Thanks again - Jeff

Excellent shot BluesDude! Nice warm colors to entice anyone to the tropical paradise. I was born in Olongapo, Zambalesand learned how to body surf at San Miguel Naval Comm Station, about 45 minutes drive north. It would be nice to seemore of your artistic work.Thank you sir -- Jake

Jake
Posted
Posted
Thank you Jake. I was stationed in NAS Cubi Point, Subic Bay for five years back in the 1980's. I lived in Barrio Barretto, just a few clicks up the bay from Olongapo. This photo was taken near San Miguel. The South China Sea coast side of Zambales is a really nice spot. You're a lucky guy to have grown up there. If I continue to post here, many of the photos will be from that area. Some images will be from back in the day, and some will be more current. Thanks again - Jeff
Now you're talkin'........my father (YNCS ret) was stationed at San Miguel Comm Station while I was just a virgin dependent brat. But got an eyeful when I learned the facts of life in my hometown. Many years later, I followed in his footsteps and finally retired as an ETCM(sw) back in 1990 (21 years as a surface navy puke). Ah yes........the Marmont Hotel in Barrio Barretto, many fond memories. You have any shots of the Capone Islands? My favorite camera was the Canon F-1 black body.Thanks for the memories -- Jake

BluesDude
Posted
Posted

I hope you do pursue it as a hobby. I've been shooting for over thirty years now and still get a kick out of it. With photography a person can capture a specific moment in time, create a mood, excite, or even make someone laugh. In the digital age the photographer has more artistic freedom than ever before.I use Canon Digital for the most part right now but I'm really not a real big gear-head. I'll use any brand of equipment because now days they're all pretty good. Cameras are basically a light tight box with a light sensitive material inside (film or digital). The most important part of the camera is by far the glass. Good lenses are the most important component of a camera system. Even when buying a point and shoot a guy should be sure to get one with good glass. I can maybe explain how to shop for a camera some other time in a post.You asked, "How much touching if any was done with photoshop?" On this view Photoshop was used to correct the color, saturation, and contrast. It was re-sized, sharpened, denoised and the watermark was added. Thanks for your comments - Jeff

We may have two interests in common if I read what your name implies. It remains my goal to pursue a hobby of photography. I admire your work as evidenced by this shot and appreciate the tips. What camera do you use? How much touching if any was done with photoshop?Thanks

BluesDude
Posted
Posted

Hello Mike, Why do you think that the blog would be a better place to do this? I don;t have a problem doing it there if it's a better place to post. How do people know when something new has been posted? Do they have to go there in order to know or can you click on "View New"or "View Active Content" like in the forums? That's one of the options I like the most here at the "Philippines Expat Forums". Thanks - Jeff

No name
Posted
Posted
The above photo was taken of a small fishing village on the Zambales coast on the island of Luzon. It was taken at sunset which gives it the long shadows and warm light. Generally, the best times of the day to take pictures is in the early morning hours or around sunset. The sunlight has to travel through more atmosphere during those times which will oftentimes give you warm, rich lighting.
Wow, nice, love the golden sunset....