Photography Of The Philippines

No name
Posted
Posted

A guy into the blues and photography. We should talk and you should share you cameras LOL.I so want a good DSLR.

BluesDude
Posted
Posted

Thank you Mr. Lee. As I wrote to MikeB, I have no problem with that but I do like the New Content and Active Content options in the forum. I don't know how active I'll be with a blog, life gets real busy. From what I can gather blogs usually need the blogger to be really active posting to be successful. Could you answer the questions I asked MikeB too? You guys are the pros here and like I said, I really don't care where I do it. I just thought some folks here might like to see some more photos of the Philippines and maybe even learn a bit about photography too. Thanks - Jeff

I'm wondering if this might be an appropriate section of the forum to post a photo of the Philippines every few days. Instead of creating an album, I'd rather post here as a topic. That way I could also give some photography tips. Please let me know if this is something you might be interested in seeing here.The above photo was taken of a small fishing village on the Zambales coast on the island of Luzon. It was taken at sunset which gives it the long shadows and warm light. Generally, the best times of the day to take pictures is in the early morning hours or around sunset. The sunlight has to travel through more atmosphere during those times which will oftentimes give you warm, rich lighting.
BluesDude excellent idea and beautiful work, and yes I would love to see more of it posted, and this section is a good place for posts like that which relate to the Philippines because it lets us all get to know you and your work better, but also as MikeB suggested, you might wish to create your own blog HERE in the blog section of this forum and expand even more on your work that does not relate to the Philippines, and anything else you wish to share with members.
I would love to see more of your pictures. Perhaps you could use the new blog section of the site to post them and write about photography. Seems like a good venue for it. Thanks.
Great idea Mike. :541:

BluesDude
Posted
Posted

Thanks Rusty.

The above photo was taken of a small fishing village on the Zambales coast on the island of Luzon. It was taken at sunset which gives it the long shadows and warm light. Generally, the best times of the day to take pictures is in the early morning hours or around sunset. The sunlight has to travel through more atmosphere during those times which will oftentimes give you warm, rich lighting.
Wow, nice, love the golden sunset....

BluesDude
Posted
Posted

Blues and photography are two of my favorite things in life. They rank right up there with ... well not quite. Maybe sometime down the road we can share a couple of cold ones, talk about photography, while listening to some good music. I also share your appreciation of a good cigar from time to time.

A guy into the blues and photography. We should talk and you should share you cameras LOL.I so want a good DSLR.

No name
Posted
Posted
Blues and photography are two of my favorite things in life. They rank right up there with ... well not quite. Maybe sometime down the road we can share a couple of cold ones, talk about photography, while listening to some good music. I also share your appreciation of a good cigar from time to time.
No they are not as sweet as Filipina.Sure and I will share a cigar...... I've quit trying to quit them.. LOL I just wish it wasn't so damn hot outside.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Thank you Mr. Lee. As I wrote to MikeB, I have no problem with that but I do like the New Content and Active Content options in the forum. I don't know how active I'll be with a blog, life gets real busy. From what I can gather blogs usually need the blogger to be really active posting to be successful. Could you answer the questions I asked MikeB too? You guys are the pros here and like I said, I really don't care where I do it. I just thought some folks here might like to see some more photos of the Philippines and maybe even learn a bit about photography too. Thanks - Jeff
I will answer this if you please.The reason we feel the blog section is better for you is because you wish to talk about photography,I know your photos are of the Philippines but photography is not the forums objective.With the blog you can explain more about photography if you want too but here the forum is mainly for Philippines information even if we tend to get off track often.Not sure why you say (to be successful),here its not about being successful unless you intend to use the forum for advertising which would be another matter altogether.If you want me to set up a blog for you I would be happy to do so,you can post pictures in the blog and place them in a album at the same time.To answer your question,blogs are shown on the index page as in screen shot and are also in today's active content and view new content. See the options on top line.Hope my answer was helpful and we do appreciate your excellent photos,just trying to keep things categorized. :541:post-1-033739500 1287219072_thumb.gif post-1-093516300 1287219086_thumb.gif

Jake
Posted
Posted
Since Jeff (BluesDude) mentioned being stationed at Cubi Point in the 1980's, I feel a little nostalgic thinking about that era. Talk about listening to good music like rhythm and blues or swamp rock, any songs from Creedence Clearwater Rivival or the Eagles instantly gave me a boner check while visualizing those ladies gyrate to Proud Mary. I could remember buying a couple black body cameras (manual of course), some nice set of lens, tripod and hard case atthe Navy Exchange and still have enough to throw away your remaining dollars by listening to Proud Mary one more time.Hey Rusty, I have a couple of stogies that might satisfy you -- it does have a taste of "brown sugar"..........he, he.Again, thanks for the memories -- Jake

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Thank you Jake. I was stationed in NAS Cubi Point, Subic Bay for five years back in the 1980's. I lived in Barrio Barretto, just a few clicks up the bay from Olongapo. This photo was taken near San Miguel. The South China Sea coast side of Zambales is a really nice spot. You're a lucky guy to have grown up there. If I continue to post here, many of the photos will be from that area. Some images will be from back in the day, and some will be more current. Thanks again - Jeff
I hope that nothing any of us have written would make you stop posting, as I know I enjoy your photos and your posts. You can either continue to post them here and possibly start a blog for the other photos and topics such as cameras, that I am sure you have that would not be about the Philippines. Your choice, or slip the other comments in while staying on topic with most of your post. Forums can be fun and we hope you stick around to add some spice and great photos to this one. :541: 

BluesDude
Posted
Posted

I hope you guys don't mind but for the mean time I'll just post here in the forum. If I think folks are enjoying the photos and the tips and you admin guys think its best for me to change over to a blog I'll do so. Anyway, I hope you enjoy and maybe even learn a little about photography. Thanks - Jeff

Thank you Jake. I was stationed in NAS Cubi Point, Subic Bay for five years back in the 1980's. I lived in Barrio Barretto, just a few clicks up the bay from Olongapo. This photo was taken near San Miguel. The South China Sea coast side of Zambales is a really nice spot. You're a lucky guy to have grown up there. If I continue to post here, many of the photos will be from that area. Some images will be from back in the day, and some will be more current. Thanks again - Jeff
I hope that nothing any of us have written would make you stop posting, as I know I enjoy your photos and your posts. You can either continue to post them here and possibly start a blog for the other photos and topics such as cameras, that I am sure you have that would not be about the Philippines. Your choice, or slip the other comments in while staying on topic with most of your post. Forums can be fun and we hope you stick around to add some spice and great photos to this one. :541:

BluesDude
Posted
Posted

"Morning Catch" Pundakit, Zambales Philippines post-352-003558700 1287279224_thumb.jpgThe above image was taken during the early morning, taking advantage of the warm light which only the mornings and evenings can produce. When I shot the photo I bent down a bit lower than normal standing height in order to create a more interesting composition. The main focus is on the fish but I made sure I had a lot of depth of field so that all of the subjects would be in focus. Notice that even though the fish is the main subject, it isn't centered in the frame. The boats lines also help the composition by leading the viewer into the image. The clouds and the island in the background helps to give the image depth.The photo was made with a consumer grade point-n-shoot camera called a Panasonic Lumix. Good photos can be made with any camera. Don't get too wrapped up in what type of camera will give you the best photos, they all can giveyou the results you seek. Obviously, all cameras will have limitations but with good lighting, composition, and subject matter, you can produce interesting photos with any camera. One benefit of using a small consumer grade camera instead of a large professional looking camera is that people aren't as guarded and nervous with a small, point-n-shoot. I'll bet if I had my large, professional, Canon camera when I shot this, the people in this photo would not be as relaxed. There are a couple of things that I'm not real happy with in this image. One is that everyone is looking out of the frame.The other is that as viewers, we have to wonder what it is that they could be looking at. Neither of these elements ruin the photo and an argument could be made that because we don't know what they're looking at, it makes us think and perhaps this adds to the image. I don't know, I just like the photo, it was a beautiful morning, I met a few new friends, and brought home a couple of nice red snappers for lunch. Till next time - Jeff