Alcohol Consumption

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted

Ok guys...let's have some honesty here...hehe! hic!What's your average weekly consumption of alcohol in P'pines?What's your favourite tipple?

ekimswish
Posted
Posted (edited)
Ok guys...let's have some honesty here...hehe! hic!What's your average weekly consumption of alcohol in P'pines?What's your favourite tipple?
Tough to give an exact figure since everytime I'm in the Philippines, the situation is different from night to night, and trip to trip. But when my wife was pregnant, and the step-kids were still with their father, we would often venture down the road to a open air restaurant with live music and I'd eat something spicy and drink 4 San Miguels from a bucket of ice. Made that a routine for about a week. If not at the restaurant, I'd get the spicy pork skewers down the road, bring 'em home and drink about the same, 4 SM's.When we stayed on the squatter hill with the father-in-law, probably twice a week I'd drink Generoso (whiskey?) with the poor guys up there. One bottle would run about 75 pesos.During our trip to the wife's hometown in Leyte last January, we not only drank lots of SM and Red Horse, but TUBA was a popular choice. Tuba is the locally grown and made coconut wine. Do they drink that all over the Philippines as well? I'd suspect so. If I have nothing to do, I probably drink everyday. If I'm busy with work and sports, particularly boxing where your weight is important, I'll drink much less. I've learned over the last couple years (I'm a young 28) to hold back when I drink, however, and not go overboard EVERY SINGLE TIME! I'm usually drinking at home, too, so as not to go out and get arrested, or blown $50 on restaurant food, and $20 on booze. Much better to get drunk on $2 at home and watch some Comedy Central shows. http://gerryruiz.wordpress.com/2010/10/28/3rd-oktubafest-2010/This link is to a photoblog from Leyte, and this is the second post I've seen from him regarding Tuba in the area. Last year there was a posting on his blog about them breaking the world record for most people at a wine tasting, which was Tuba. Edited by ekimswish

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted

Would those 4 bottles be grandes or the 350ml's? hic!Red Horse...wicked crap...Dead Horse taste to me..hic!SM lite for me

ekimswish
Posted
Posted
Would those 4 bottles be grandes or the 350ml's? hic!Red Horse...wicked crap...Dead Horse taste to me..hic!SM lite for me
350ml... just taking it easy.... to get messed up, i'll drink the real liquor.

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted

OMG! I'm messed up on 6 x 350ml bottles of SM Lite..hic!...well maybe a few ...hic..more..hic!Tanduey a nogo for me....hate sleeping under palm trees at 7 in morning..lol!Don't mind..hic.. few shots of Baileys though....

No name
Posted
Posted

I don't drink much. Diabetes wont let me. The buzz is not worth burning hot skin i feel soon afterwards.Diabetes sucks in a country were I consider weed to be out of the question.

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted

Up to 20 stubbies every evening of SM Light when in Cebu City.On Leyte, maybe not at all or if I do, it will be Tanduay with the relatives. Some times drinking in a group we might drink five 700ml bottles between 5 or 6 of us. However, I will be travelling with an American this trip. If he is drinking, I will be drinking.Regards; Jim

MikeB
Posted
Posted
I don't drink much. Diabetes wont let me. The buzz is not worth burning hot skin i feel soon afterwards.Diabetes sucks in a country were I consider weed to be out of the question.
Sorry to hear, my Mother suffered terribly with it, even completely lost her sight before passing. You're wise to take preventive measures, especially there. It attacks every organ.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I know you said in the Philippines but since we live in both places I felt it best to explain both. When we are in the US, I only drink a couple of mixed drinks when at a party or at a friends house so that might mean only two to four drinks a month or sometimes none and I rarely if ever drink at home, but when we are in Cebu and meet up with friends at a get together or sometimes at our home or theirs, then I find myself drinking much more and can down 10 or 12 SM lites. I rarely drink when out at restaurants with friends and if I do then it is only one or two, and I do not drink at all when by myself or with my wife while eating out, and we do that often as most of you who know us, know. Thankfully there are not that many get together's or party's :mocking: so I do not drink all that much when in Cebu. Our friend Mik introduced me to Tanduay and Coke zero at a beach party with him and family last year, so since then I found myself keeping that around our condo and hitting it once a week or so when there were no get togethers and the mood stuck me. So all in all the Philippines is either a bad influence on me or a good influence on me, depending on if it turns out that drinking more often is good for ones health.   SugarwareZ-004.gif  :cool_beans:

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Ditto on that Lee! You took the exact words right out of my mouth! :cool_beans: