Inspector
Posted
Posted
chipmunk-balls.jpg Magic Mushroom user

Inspector
Posted
Posted
harmonicasquirrel.gif
The usual morons were fighting outside that place Inside the posing was rife I wasn't ready like you to accept them As peers for the rest of my life Poised for a picture that no one was taking You'd hang on their worlds as a rule I'd never bought that but still was afraid To get caught on the wrong side of cool Time to go sober again Same old faces and nothing is new Leaving today I'd no right to go say That I hate what they're doing to you The only one you'd ever wanted to be was yourself But they had to have more They told you to change what you thought to combine With the image that most of them wore You said if I stayed I might win their approval And that would mean so much to you I'd say I'll be back but for now all I know Is I need something different to do
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4rbMLyxa-0

Inspector
Posted
Posted
sqDerby1A%201.gif "It's only oldman wasteland!....they're all wasted!"

• 2 weeks later...
Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

HERE is yet another interesting article on drinking called Do You Drink Too Much?   and has the below statement within it " so when I read forums and see the many round eyes in restaurants and bars all around the Philippines drinking heavily, I have to wonder how many of them have gone over to the dark side where it is no longer wanting to drink, and has become having to drink? Heck I see some with DT's  when they are not drinking.In a recent studied paid for by Britain's Centre for Crime And Justice Studies, and reported on LATimes.com, researchers found that alcohol was more harmful compared to other drugs like heroin and crack cocaine. And because the consumption of alcohol is ingrained in our culture, it poses additional risks; whether it’s a workplace social at the pub, a case of beer for the game or a night of drinking your buddies under the table, alcohol has a prominent position in the culture of the young working man. In fact, it seems to be as much a part of socializing as body language.But is there a point when “frequently drunk” becomes “infrequently sober?” Are you really sure that your drinking poses no threat to your social, work or physical health? Considering that an estimated 12 to 14 million Americans (about 1 in 12 adults) have a drinking problem, but only 8 million of these are alcoholics, you may not be pouring whiskey on your cornflakes just yet, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn't ask yourself if you drink too much."

No name
Posted
Posted
I don't drink much. Diabetes wont let me. The buzz is not worth burning hot skin i feel soon afterwards.Diabetes sucks in a country were I consider weed to be out of the question.
Sorry to hear, my Mother suffered terribly with it, even completely lost her sight before passing. You're wise to take preventive measures, especially there. It attacks every organ.
Thanks. I'm losing my vision. :D But it is my own fault. I'm not exercising. I also have lupus which makes it hard so I've being hit both ways. :( I don't think I'll still be here in five years but, I may just be too stubborn to die while having so much fun.

ekimswish
Posted
Posted
I don't drink much. Diabetes wont let me. The buzz is not worth burning hot skin i feel soon afterwards.Diabetes sucks in a country were I consider weed to be out of the question.
Sorry to hear, my Mother suffered terribly with it, even completely lost her sight before passing. You're wise to take preventive measures, especially there. It attacks every organ.
Thanks. I'm losing my vision. :D But it is my own fault. I'm not exercising. I also have lupus which makes it hard so I've being hit both ways. :( I don't think I'll still be here in five years but, I may just be too stubborn to die while having so much fun.
At least you're making the most of your time, writing good articles, helping other expats, helping your lady and her kids. My grandmother got diabetes in her 80's, and my dad got it in his 60's, both having lived completely healthy lives, no drinking or smoking or junk food. I was warned at about 24 while still single that my blood/sugar level was getting low, but I was living really poorly - lots of booze, junk food, and fast food. I also cut back on exercising at that time, opting to work more. Since having a family my weight has roller-coastered from 175 to 200 down to 165, back up to 190, down to 165, up to 190, down to 170, and now probably close to 200 again. This teaching English lifestyle coupled with two young kids, and the need to work more, has messed with my schedule quite a bit. The last six months I decided to focus on work, so we could make a smoother transition to the Philippines next week, but I've also hit the booze a lot more frequently, and am pushing 200 again. I can't wait to move! Maybe I'm dead wrong, but I envision my life in the Philippines as one allowing lots of time for exercise and farm work (more exercise), and a bit of freedom from the clock and the kids (AFFORDABLE NANNY!!!). Even though I love drinking Filipino liquor, I think that with more freedom to work out, play basketball, go swimming, or maybe get back into boxing, I'll have less desire to drink. As it is, I get home from work, my feet are sore, my eyes are heavy, my kids are running around or wanting to be held, my wife is on Facebook (hogging the computer ;), and a good strong drink (soju) just alleviates the anxiety. All of that makes me think, if I were to keep it up, I'd have diabetes in a year, two, or tomorrow. So that's the goal, become a farmer, work nature's clock, regulate the alcohol consumption (also because drinking and arrogance can get you killed in the PI), and exercise more. Fingers crossed. It's got a 50/50 chance of succeeding or blowing up in our faces. If it does blow up, back to Canada where alcohol will be too expensive for it to become a daily hobby. It's a lot easier to become an alcoholic when the stuff is so cheap!

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

People may think and judge me as they wish, since i earn my own food and lodge, i do not care!!! So here it goesIf i come in the mood to drink beer...getting tired of peeing is my limit whenever that happens, then i change to vodka.When it comes to vodka if no beers advanced (at least 6-8) then a litter of absolute is fine for me alone. If beers then half to 3/4 of the bottle.The frequency is about twice a month and only at home, certain exceptions have applied but i hate drinking out specially in nice bars (no i do not frequent girly bars) since each double vodka with coke goes 400-500p...plus the shots plus the foods...ouch!!!! What i hate more is not the price (there is no price to my pleasure) but the fact i cannot just lay over at my bad and sleep plus i can get in troubles. So i prefer home!!!!

Jake
Posted
Posted
People may think and judge me as they wish, since i earn my own food and lodge, i do not care!!! So here it goesIf i come in the mood to drink beer...getting tired of peeing is my limit whenever that happens, then i change to vodka.When it comes to vodka if no beers advanced (at least 6-8) then a litter of absolute is fine for me alone. If beers then half to 3/4 of the bottle.The frequency is about twice a month and only at home, certain exceptions have applied but i hate drinking out specially in nice bars (no i do not frequent girly bars) since each double vodka with coke goes 400-500p...plus the shots plus the foods...ouch!!!! What i hate more is not the price (there is no price to my pleasure) but the fact i cannot just lay over at my bad and sleep plus i can get in troubles. So i prefer home!!!!
"there is no price to my pleasure" Spoken like a true sailor! Unlike my young and foolish days in Olongapo where my built-in navigation somehowbrings me back to my ship, I could no longer afford to get in trouble drinking outside my residence. I prefer thecomfort and security of familiar surroundings, like my bed to completely pass out with someone familiar....he, he.Respectfully -- Jake

Inspector
Posted
Posted
Joe...you are me, and I am you and we are all together. I stopped drinking beer, to get drunk... in high school...haha, because I spent entire concerts at Madison Square Garden or Ranger hockey games pissing the night away, and missing key goals, fights or the good parts of the concert. I then switched to Vodka in the Navy...first screwdrivers...but acid reflux had me switch to Vodka and Guava. Finally, later in life...I discovered Grey Goose, and I needed to control myself...nothing like sitting in a jacuzzi with speakers and some sweet goose, the only vodka I can drink straight and enjoy. Since coming to PI, I drink that Bar crap...not the goose, but I aint paying the prices of goose here, nor do I drink that much anymore. Like you, twice a month and at home...rock band singing with it. I will go Absolute on occasion, as the Bar is weak, and it has been giving me a headache as of late. I still miss the grey goose....