Sexpats

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

In another thread and quite often the term "sexpat" is used,what I would like to know is what is your definition of a sexpat?photo-109.gif

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Easy, anyone who reads the philippine sexpat forum must be a sexpat whistling.gif

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

What's with the trick questions?I want to say someone who came here for the prostitutes, but maybe there's nothing wrong with that if they're honest in their dealings.I want to say someone who came here for the sex, in general, but maybe there's nothing wrong with that if they're honest in their relationships.I want to say someone who is abusive in their treatment of sex with locals, whether a prostitute or other, and I think that's a start of a definition, but it's still pretty vague. Then again, maybe there's nothing wrong with sexpats, if they are in fact someone who came for sex with prostitutes or others. Maybe the problem is abusive foreigners who also fall into the sexpat category but don't represent all sexpats. For example, New Yorkers are Americans, but not all Americans are New Yorkers! If that's the case, then we need a new term to identify and demonize abusive sexpats, to clear up the confusion. Nothing wrong with getting laid. It's abuse that's the problem, and not all "sexpats" are abusive.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Mike (ekimswish) has the right idea IMO and it is more about how they do it, than what they do. So my definition would probably be different than how many seem to use the term. I feel that a sexpat is a person who uses and abuses the locals with no intention of a real relationship with any. In other words they come to the Philippines, or another developing nation, with the sole intention of taking advantage of the often naive women and use their supposed wealth to get what they want because they could never get it back where they came from. I do not consider those who go with good intentions and end up having sex with a few ladies, or those that go to bars and pay for sex, sexpats, as long as they do not use and abuse the local (even bargirls) and otherwise often naive ladies. The quote that I like the best and can be found HERE is

A person (generally man) who "couldn't get laid in a brothel back home", who moves to a poor country where prostitutes are cheap to "finally be treated like the man he always knew thought he was."

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

LOLSeems Mr Lee was stating pretty much the same thing at the same time I was writing this.Look up! What HE said!AddEmoticons04230.gif

What's with the trick questions?I want to say someone who came here for the prostitutes, but maybe there's nothing wrong with that if they're honest in their dealings.I want to say someone who came here for the sex, in general, but maybe there's nothing wrong with that if they're honest in their relationships.I want to say someone who is abusive in their treatment of sex with locals, whether a prostitute or other, and I think that's a start of a definition, but it's still pretty vague. Then again, maybe there's nothing wrong with sexpats, if they are in fact someone who came for sex with prostitutes or others. Maybe the problem is abusive foreigners who also fall into the sexpat category but don't represent all sexpats. For example, New Yorkers are Americans, but not all Americans are New Yorkers! If that's the case, then we need a new term to identify and demonize abusive sexpats, to clear up the confusion. Nothing wrong with getting laid. It's abuse that's the problem, and not all "sexpats" are abusive.
Here I am thinking it was a simple answer and you come along to make me think. Hmmmmm. You are so right, it is not a simple answer.I find sexpat is meant as a derogatory term. I don't see it used on the average 'Joe' who happens to have a filipina wife or girlfriend. I see it used on guys who often admit to having difficulty getting laid where they come from and see this country as their wet dream.The kind of sexpat I have in mind delights in fornication with only the most beautiful, (in his eyes), young, inexperienced girls. The ones I know, who I would give this title to, seem to find no pleasure internally and so seek to find external pleasure with filipinas, and often with alcohol.I don't agree that it is always abusive. I am thinking of one fellow who simply tells the girls what they want to hear, 3 days later he is kicking them out but for years after they remember him fondly. This differs from an expat who just comes here to 'play the field' in that the sexpat feels the need to lie to the girls. He will promise them marriage, money, whatever it takes to fulfill his need.And that's my 508.gif Edited by Dave Hounddriver

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
LOLSeems Mr Lee was stating pretty much the same thing at the same time I was writing this.Look up! What HE said!AddEmoticons04230.gif
th_thanx.gif Dave I am glad to know that you agree with me, maybe there is hope for me yet. :yes: I would like to add that I also think abusing the locals includes those sick bastards who know, or should know, that they have a sexually transmitted disease, yet force the ladies, be it bargirls or otherwise, to have unprotected sex for their own sick reasons of spreading it around, as well as their own selfishness of liking it better, yet with no regard for those who they will be hurting, or possibly getting pregnant. I feel that those who do that are the lowest of lows. And that is the only thing I have against the bargirl scene, because they should instead legalize it and educate the women in protecting themselves and others and have some control over the place the patrons will bring the women, so they cannot go above and beyond what the lady finds acceptable. Edited by Mr. Lee
add

Inspector
Posted
Posted

A sexpat, versus an expat, has nothing to do with the need or attempt to have sexual relations...that's a need of all humans. It's how they go about it that defines an expat vs sexpat. If you are a non attractive older western male, and do not want a sexless older woman from the west...hey, I don't blame you. After all, no matter what the reason, we are all giving up a culture of western love for a love, or lust, in a country we now all have ties to, from married to single playboy guys that pay or date. It's simply HOW you go about it that defines if you are a sexpat or now. Uh oh.....UFC 126 is on....:woohoo:More later....:wave:

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

"Nothing wrong with getting laid. It's abuse that's the problem, and not all "sexpats" are abusive". The above quote from Ekimswish is right on the money. Moreover, the common characterization of someone who can't find a relationship at home country is not necessarily a sexpat. Middle age crisis, fed up with theworld around him (divorce, financial problems etc) or just plain tired of the same old chit. Would that personthink of himself as a sexpat or just a guy who needs to rejuvenate his youth? Granted when that person becomes abusive in all manners of speaking, he should be thrown in a dungeon,deported and blacklisted. The worst of this ugly world are those who physically and mentally abuse minorsof both sexes. He should be forced to rot in jail as a sexual deviate and get a taste of his own medicine. Respectfully -- Jake

Edited by Jake
correcting my Englesh

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
What's with the trick questions?
Its not a trick question at all,I hear the term often to point the finger at all sorts of people so I was wondering if everyone had the same thoughts of what a sexpat is.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Easy, anyone who reads the philippine sexpat forum must be a sexpat whistling.gif
I guess they would be, lucky this site is named Philippines Expat Forum,Ive even seen it in the header as below. :wave:post-1-0-03056300-1296968610_thumb.gif