Sexpats

ekimswish
Posted
Posted
What's with the trick questions?
Its not a trick question at all,I hear the term often to point the finger at all sorts of people so I was wondering if everyone had the same thoughts of what a sexpat is.
I'm just kidding. What I meant is that it's a good question.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Lee got the quote or definition of a SEXPAT correct and I too agree with it! The difference between a sex-tourist and a sexpat is the sexpat must LIVE in the country, a sex-tourist is a short stay visitor.A sexpat approached me in Starbucks whining "all the Thai girls are just after my money." "Ohhh reeeally" I mocked Mr Ugly Sexpat, "did you think it was your fat gut or your balding head the pretty girls were after"?

volstateguy
Posted
Posted
Lee got the quote or definition of a SEXPAT correct and I too agree with it! The difference between a sex-tourist and a sexpat is the sexpat must LIVE in the country, a sex-tourist is a short stay visitor.A sexpat approached me in Starbucks whining "all the Thai girls are just after my money." "Ohhh reeeally" I mocked Mr Ugly Sexpat, "did you think it was your fat gut or your balding head the pretty girls were after"?
Possibly...with a fat gut and balding head, he could remind her of Buddha  :wave:

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

My definition was a bit broader (not that it matters, but I can sum it up a bit better now after writing all that down earlier), that a sexpat is ANYONE who comes here for sex, even the good ones, but that a sexpat isn't by definition bad. If you're a great guy and good to your ladies, but you came here for the action, you're a sexpat. BUT DON'T FRET....it's okay. A sexpat is not a bad thing. Being an abusive A-hole is a bad thing. I just think we need a new term for the abusers, and the sexpats can go on and enjoy their lives and spike the economy.

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

My simple definitionsSexpat = Someone who lives (resident visa of some sort) within walking or crawling distance to the girlie bars in Angeles City or Subic and is not interested in a long term relationship. Manila is to expensive for your average sexpat.Sex Tourist = Someone who goes to Angeles City, Subic, or Manila girlie bars just for the sex. No site seeing except the inside of the hotel room......

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
My simple definitionsSexpat = Someone who lives (resident visa of some sort) within walking or crawling distance to the girlie bars in Angeles City or Subic and is not interested in a long term relationship. Manila is to expensive for your average sexpat.Sex Tourist = Someone who goes to Angeles City, Subic, or Manila girlie bars just for the sex. No site seeing except the inside of the hotel room......
Thats an interesting definition.Since you bought up Angeles and such; I wonder if going back in time as to where and why these girly bars first started like for the US base at Clark, if another definition of a sexpat is the visiting forces personnel.I mean a lot of these guys visited the bars and used the services of the local girls so how is it different today with the modern sexpat which is doing the same as the old visiting forces.Food for thought!

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Thats an interesting definition.Since you bought up Angeles and such; I wonder if going back in time as to where and why these girly bars first started like for the US base at Clark, if another definition of a sexpat is the visiting forces personnel.I mean a lot of these guys visited the bars and used the services of the local girls so how is it different today with the modern sexpat which is doing the same as the old visiting forces.Food for thought!
One major difference I can think of is the soldiers were young, often foolish and at their sexual peek, so therefore needed to avail themselves of some type of release besides self gratification which might have been extremely difficult in a military situation.The present day are often older and no doubt more worldly, and therefore probably driven by motives other than youth.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
One major difference I can think of is the soldiers were young, often foolish and at their sexual peek, so therefore needed to avail themselves of some type of release besides self gratification which might have been extremely difficult in a military situation. The present day are often older and no doubt more worldly, and therefore probably driven by motives other than youth.
Well maybe so but a lot of the retired soldiers return to the Philippines to live there or visit the bars then yell bloody murder at the others that do the same that they did years ago,lol

Inspector
Posted
Posted (edited)
One major difference I can think of is the soldiers were young, often foolish and at their sexual peek, so therefore needed to avail themselves of some type of release besides self gratification which might have been extremely difficult in a military situation. The present day are often older and no doubt more worldly, and therefore probably driven by motives other than youth.
Haha...I read somewhere that in the old days, the girls from the Philippines Clark area had guys who did 100 push ups when they got out of bed, and today guys have trouble getting OUT of bed.:lol:BTW, they are called sailor towns...like border towns...and are all over the world. Odd...in the west valley of Arizona they have Luke Air Force Base...a training base, and out in the middle of nowhere. Around the base with the usual in base facilities?...two fast food places, a regular club/bar, and...a topless bar. Military guys, especially Navy boys.... looking for sex is a given. Prostitutes are all over the world, and what better place then thousands of horny sailors with a few paychecks saved up? Here come the ho's for the Joe's. :551:Sexpats and military guys are not quite the "best" example of comparison Tom, and IMHO, it seems you are looking for an argument to excuse ALL sexpats. Sexpats are mongers, and some USE woman, lie to woman...or treat woman as if they are beneath them, and placed on the planet to obey them. You really need to profile the minds of a sexpat first, and then you will realize what actions come from these minds....some not too good. Let's take this a bit further. What is a barfly? Are they ALL drunks? Yeah, I can say that. Are some barflies nice drunks? Are some barflies nasty and mean? Do barflies bother me because they are all eventually drunk? Well, if I go to a bar where they all are...sure it can make for a uncomfortable night, as "everybody must get stoned" to actually, enjoy the bar, and the barflies. But if I go to a club, dancing and the like...are there barflies? Yes...and clubbers...and woman, many slutty, and willing to give you their herpes with a drink and a line. Some get drunk at weddings, some don't....if you are not drunk, you stay with the buzzers, and laugh at very drunk grandma on the dance floor.Now, can you be a drunk and NOT a barfly? Of course, and these are the best drunks...as they drink at home, with maybe a wife, GF or whomever...and if they are the non violent drunks...they are not bothering anybody.The same goes for sexpats. Just because we CALL them sexpats, does not mean they are ALL evil minded, perverts or using woman. Hey, sex is sex...some woman love sex...hard to believe, and even here in the Philippines you can date, marry and even be a good sexpat...and as long as you are not lying to these woman, taking photographs off the lies, and promising them the world and marriage, or at worst...abusing them in any way....remember, an orgasm is in no means harmful unless you are sleeping with hundreds of woman and not putting the raincoat on...then you need to be buried 8 feet under...2 extra feet so the dogs can't sniff the body. So, in closing...sexpats can be good, and bad. BUT...a sexpat IS a sexpat. No big deal....if they are up front, and don't mind the DOM giggles they get.Oh, and BTW....bargirls are prostitutes, and whores. Those are bad words sure, but it is what it is...no matter WHY they are bargirls, and if they can eventually be good wives. I know this aint the topic, but excusing a prostitute as to a why is all fine, but she is still/was a prostitute and that is simply a whore no matter WHAT shoes she is walking in. That goes for a thief...or a beggar. If you beg, you are a beggar. If you steal, you are a thief. I don't care what the reasons are...it still does not displace what they are DOING. :horse: Edited by Inspector

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Sexpats and military guys are not quite the "best" example of comparison Tom, and IMHO, it seems you are looking for an argument to excuse ALL sexpats.
No I'm not looking for an argument to excuse sexpats but I some times read stories from hypocrites that state they knocked off all the girls in the Philippines in their military days and crawled from one bar to another but many years on people still do this but they are looked down on by the same people who did it themselves years ago.Maybe they see it differently now that they are older but its still the same thing in my opinion.