Spare Time Hobbies Or Free Time

Mavrick
Posted
Posted

First I want to say I respect Philippines, Filipinos ,and the Foreigners living there or here. My question is what do you guys do in you in your Spare time overthere?What is there to do?Do you work out in a Gym, fish, jet ski, write a book?Take an Eskrima class?I have seen lots of travel videos, but I want hear what you guys have to say.

• Like 1

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
First I want to say I respect Philippines, Filipinos ,and the Foreigners living there or here. My question is what do you guys do in you in your Spare time overthere?What is there to do?Do you work out in a Gym, fish, jet ski, write a book?Take an Eskrima class?I have seen lots of travel videos, but I want hear what you guys have to say.
Basically living in the Philippines can be exactly like living in the US or any other first world country, when it comes to things to do. My wife and I socialize, shop and walk the malls, visit friends and family, sit out on our balcony and just enjoy relaxing, of course read the news and this forum online, watch TV and movies, go out to movies, etc, and always seem to be busy. This country has it all if you wish any of those you listed, and more. You can also scuba dive, go boating, buy all the inexpensive movie discs you seek, or go to inexpensive movies in the malls, gyms, Martial Arts, and so on and so on. Life is what you make it, and living here has only prevented me from one hobby, target shooting because it is so expensive here, but otherwise available. I also do amateur radio on the computer, and speak all over the world when I am not busy with other things, so with the world of computers nowadays and VOI phones, the boarders are now endless and friends are as close as a quick phone call, or internet chat.
  • Like 1

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted

I've started getting into a routine now as needed to get fit and stop being lazyish.Out at 5.30 am for 90 minute walk.Breakfast and check my emails, this site and news on i'net.30 mins nap...recovering from the walk..lol.Something to eat about 11am then couple of hours on gym.Watch bit of tv,or read or do suduko or go shopping.Few beers early evening with meal then off to bed

Mavrick
Posted
Posted

That sounds like a good simple life roy2cebu.I could live that.:unsure:

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted

It is simple at the moment because my focus is to lose some stomach and build energy for when heading back to Oz to do 6 months on harvest....only thing is am wondering if the 2 to 3 grandes each evening is counter productive...lol!Time will tell, only into my 5th week of it...have increased the walking by 30 mins and gradual increase in weights and reps per week.........probably have better idea if working in couple of months or so

Mavrick
Posted
Posted

Beer is loaded with carbs.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

If money isn't an option, do anything and everything to your heart's content or do nothing at all to your heart's content! Who says that anyone has to do anything when one retires? That's me, I enjoy just doing nothing at all, but not always! AddEmoticons04230.gif

Mavrick
Posted
Posted

Free to enjoy life the way you like. That is a wonderful thing. I agree.:3_8_14[1]:

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
Free to enjoy life the way you like. That is a wonderful thing. I agree.:3_8_14[1]:
For very little money you can have a tutor come to your home and teach whatever may interest you.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
Yes that's for sure, because ever since my wife and I retired in the Philippines, I now have a happy and contented disposition with a smile on my face every morning when I wake up! No more waking up to an alarm clock to go to work, just to pay the freak'n bills! We are now debt free, financially stable due to an adequate pension to live on, own our own home and we can do whatever we want within reason! We couldn't have done that in the U.S. especially with the way the economy is during this global recession! So, even though we live in a 3rd world country, life here really isn't too bad because of the low cost of living here and it all depends on one's source of income, attitude and is willing to adapt to whatever one has to adapt to! "Life is what we all make it to be"!