Spare Time Hobbies Or Free Time

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
Free to enjoy life the way you like. That is a wonderful thing. I agree.:3_8_14[1]:
Yes that's for sure, because ever since my wife and I retired in the Philippines, I now have a happy and contented disposition with a smile on my face every morning when I wake up! No more waking up to an alarm clock to go to work, just to pay the freak'n bills! We are now debt free, financially stable due to an adequate pension to live on, own our own home and we can do whatever we want within reason! We couldn't have done that in the U.S. especially with the way the economy is during this global recession! So, even though we live in a 3rd world country, life here really isn't too bad because of the low cost of living here and it all depends on one's source of income, attitude and is willing to adapt to whatever one has to adapt to! "Life is what we all make it to be"!
:th_thbestpost:

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Although I am not retired YET, I have been asked many times what will I do with my time after I retire. The basic simple answer I give is, "Whatever I Want!".Actually I have very many hobbies and interests and I can hardly wait till the time comes to start enjoying them more. Two of my hobbies which I plan on enjoying more are scale model ship building and machining.Come on 2015!danny

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I think I forgot to say that you will be too busy for hobbies once your cell number gets out to a few ladies, because you will be so busy texting, you may not have much time for anything else. :3_8_14[1]: Texting is a major, major hobby here. Well at least it keeps your fingers exercised.

Mavrick
Posted
Posted (edited)

That is great to hear. Texting my fingers into shape.Now I just got to get the right ones,because every Lady I have meet on the web from over there either is sick, or wants a favor. That favor is $$$$I want a better time over there than spending time weeding out the scammers.

Edited by Mavrick

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
That is great to hear. Texting my fingers into shape.Now I just got to get the right ones,because every Lady I have meet on the web from over there either is sick, or wants a favor. That favor is $$$$I want a better time over there than spending time weeding out the scammers.
Hang in there you will find someone it takes time! :3_8_14[1]: Frankly (IMO) I don’t think “meeting” a Filipina online is the right choice anymore. Just go visit Philippines, you can separate the trash from the treasure in person and later spend time online an phone get to knowing them better. Remember to spend as much time with her family as you can. When you marry a Filipina you marry her family too.

Jake
Posted
Posted
Although I am not retired YET, I have been asked many times what will I do with my time after I retire. The basic simple answer I give is, "Whatever I Want!".Actually I have very many hobbies and interests and I can hardly wait till the time comes to start enjoying them more. Two of my hobbies which I plan on enjoying more are scale model ship building and machining.Come on 2015!danny
Hey Danny,What a ko-ink-ka-dink? Getting back to my innocent years as a young kid, I will definitely try to revive myold hobbies of building plastic models. The below link may be of interest to you. It's located near ClarkAFB (about couple hours north of Manila). They have responded to my email last year about purchasingtheir models directly on site but unfortunately, they only sell via placing an order on line. Perhaps "MarriedKano", who lives in that area can tell us other stores/factories that sell locally. My favorite model is theWWII F-4 Corsair: http://www.modelbuffs.com/Respectfully -- Jake

Mavrick
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks for the advice Old55. My ex was hispanic and it was always about family. I am used to it. Holidays and any days. LOLModel building my first model would have to be the F16 Tomcat. I love that bird. I have worked on KC135 air tankers on the ABF and saw that F16 come in. It was just great.

Edited by Mavrick

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
That is great to hear. Texting my fingers into shape.Now I just got to get the right ones,because every Lady I have meet on the web from over there either is sick, or wants a favor. That favor is $I want a better time over there than spending time weeding out the scammers.
Texting will keep you busy, take my word for it. My wife has 2 phones and I have one, and sometimes we cannot even keep up with all the text coming in, and there are two of us trying, so that is a good hobby, just trying to decipher it all, sort of like learning a whole new language, and speaking of that, I would highly recommend that as a hobby, learning the local language wherever you put your hat down. As for scammers online, I think you will meet plenty of them in person too. My wife and I will often listen to girls talking in places like Jollibee and as I have posted before, the bargirls work the internet too, on their off time, so maybe one out of 20 would be real women who actually want a husband. How do I know this, some of my nieces and a few of the ladies who we proudly consider our daughters, also are into trying to find a husband via chat and online services, and one of them already has married a member of this forum by meeting him online before we even knew them, so hang in there and hopefully you will find a good one and if nothing else, at least you should be learning about the culture and the country while chatting, because chat is a tool to learn when used properly. Ask questions about the country and their areas and you will learn a lot. Anything worth having is worth investing time in. I met my wife via letters many moons ago when all we had was phone calls and smoke signals. :lol:

Bundy
Posted
Posted
It is simple at the moment because my focus is to lose some stomach and build energy for when heading back to Oz to do 6 months on harvest....only thing is am wondering if the 2 to 3 grandes each evening is counter productive...lol!Time will tell, only into my 5th week of it...have increased the walking by 30 mins and gradual increase in weights and reps per week.........probably have better idea if working in couple of months or so
G'day Roy,I assume by "harvest" you are referring to farmwork. We've been spending our off seasons in Cebu for the past 7 years.Each time it gets harder and harder to come back home to the farm! The older you get, the longer it takes for the body to get used to the hard work again.Next time we come to Cebu ( February) we won't have to worry about it anymore coz we won't be comming back!Cheers mate.

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted

Hi Bundy, yes it's farmwork but if lucky will be either driving forklifts or tractors so not too manual.