What Is The Best Pizza You Have Found In The Phl?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I took Minnesota Johnnie to MichelAngelo Pizza in Banilad next to Gustavians when he was here and he seemed to really enjoy the pizza there and said it was the best he had found here, while I found it to be good but nothing like back home. I liked the pizza at S&R Warehouse much more because it was thicker and has much more cheese, and the type of cheese that I am used to tasting on pizza. The people at S&R told me that they use the same ingredients as used by Costco in the US where my wife and I like the pizza, so I can honestly say that S&R pizza tasted exactly the same. BTW it cost p499 to members for a pretty large pizza and they also sell it by the slice to members who can dine in. So what is your favorite pizza here and do you like thick or thin crust?

Keg
Posted
Posted

papa john's pizza...wait, they dont have that over hereSugarwareZ-034.gif

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Pizza Hut ! ! ! Yeeeeeeeeeeeah Any questions?

Fast&Furious
Posted
Posted

Very Interesting topic.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Very Interesting topic.
I guess for those of us who love pizza, because I have found it very hard to get a good slice of pizza here in Cebu, and coming from up north in the US where good pizza was just about everywhere, I really miss it while here, so that is why I was so happy about finding the S&R pizza. 7_4_17[1].gif I just wish they were closer to where we live. Thus my search for good pizza. Ohh and it is sad to say that Pizza Hut in Ayala was on the top of my list in Cebu before I found this place, where it would have been on the bottom of my list back home.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
as-if.gifDomino's Pizza in Enchanted Kingdom in Sta Rosa, Laguna, but they shut down last year and Straw Hut Pizza took over! Across the street from us, we have Shakeys, Greenwich and Yellow Cab Pizzas which are OK too! There's a few new other places that just sprang up recently, but I don't recall the names! Yeah, I do love pizzas, at least twice a week!

Elsa
Posted
Posted

Pizza at S&R is the best! Huge size which is good for 6 person. 1 piece is 99 pesos which is good for very hungry person. We've been told its a Chicago style pizza- thick crust,really plenty of topping much more than any other pizza in Cebu. For me? Pizza in S&R is the BEST! Michael Angelo Pizzeria also is my favorite before discovering Pizza at S&R.Elsawww.Denial of service

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

You guys are sooooooo meeeeeaaaan! :SugarwareZ-034:I haven't found any good pizza here in the Philippines! And I LOVE PIZZA! Lived on it when I first left home, and it was an integral partner in most of my favourite moments in life!I liked the Costco Pizza in the UK, but it still was not Great! Funny because there was an S+R in Kingston Ontario Canada, (but I doubt it was part of the same chain) and they never sold any Pizza.Deep Crust, or Crust filled! ....it's not fair!!!Carl

Fast&Furious
Posted
Posted
<br />
Very Interesting topic.
I guess for those of us who love pizza, because I have found it very hard to get a good slice of pizza here in Cebu, and coming from up north in the US where good pizza was just about everywhere, I really miss it while here, so that is why I was so happy about finding the S&R pizza. 7_4_17[1].gifI just wish they were closer to where we live. Thus my search for good pizza. Ohh and it is sad to say that Pizza Hut in Ayala was on the top of my list in Cebu before I found this place, where it would have been on the bottom of my list back home.
No offence but Pizza Hut, Domino Pizza and similar are simply far far away from the real Italian pizza which has thin base.The problem is that without a wood oven you can't achieve the best when it comes to pizza.However I could always bring some pizza makers and set up a big pizzeria...do you think the demand would be strong?

Elsa
Posted
Posted

Trust me - why would you I'm not a pizza expert like most US guys - but I love the thin crust pizzas at Micaelangello in Banilad or Handuraw near Golden Peak and the thick crust, as Elsa says, at S & R