What Is The Best Pizza You Have Found In The Phl?

Elsa
Posted
Posted

Ooooops forgot to sign out of her account - the last post was from Ancienrocka

Jake
Posted
Posted
I took Minnesota Johnnie to MichelAngelo Pizza in Banilad next to Gustavians when he was here and he seemed to really enjoy the pizza there and said it was the best he had found here, while I found it to be good but nothing like back home. I liked the pizza at S&R Warehouse much more because it was thicker and has much more cheese, and the type of cheese that I am used to tasting on pizza. The people at S&R told me that they use the same ingredients as used by Costco in the US where my wife and I like the pizza, so I can honestly say that S&R pizza tasted exactly the same. BTW it cost p499 to members for a pretty large pizza and they also sell it by the slice to members who can dine in. So what is your favorite pizza here and do you like thick or thin crust?
Dang, not bad for less than 12 bucks for a large thick crust pizza at S&R. I will definitely visit S&R Warehouse when I get there, hopefully within the next couple years. Do they have anchovies toppings? Thanks for the info Kuya!Respectfully -- Jake

Keg
Posted
Posted

being from ny, i love my pizza thin with pepperoni and slightly burnt

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
<br />
Very Interesting topic.
I guess for those of us who love pizza, because I have found it very hard to get a good slice of pizza here in Cebu, and coming from up north in the US where good pizza was just about everywhere, I really miss it while here, so that is why I was so happy about finding the S&R pizza. 7_4_17[1].gifI just wish they were closer to where we live. Thus my search for good pizza. Ohh and it is sad to say that Pizza Hut in Ayala was on the top of my list in Cebu before I found this place, where it would have been on the bottom of my list back home.
No offence but Pizza Hut, Domino Pizza and similar are simply far far away from the real Italian pizza which has thin base.The problem is that without a wood oven you can't achieve the best when it comes to pizza.However I could always bring some pizza makers and set up a big pizzeria...do you think the demand would be strong?
Forget about all the pizza places I've mentioned, because the best pizza ever only comes from the Italians with their secret home made sauces and dough and their home grown herbs, spices, cheeses and cuts of meat and or sausages! 30 yrs ago I found such a place when I was living in of all places in Bell City, Arizona. There was this Mom & Pop Italian Pizza restaurant that made the best ever authentic home made pizzas! Other than that, all other pizzas I ever had are just imitation pizzas in my book! SugarwareZ-034.gif

Fast&Furious
Posted
Posted (edited)
<br />
Very Interesting topic.
I guess for those of us who love pizza, because I have found it very hard to get a good slice of pizza here in Cebu, and coming from up north in the US where good pizza was just about everywhere, I really miss it while here, so that is why I was so happy about finding the S&R pizza. 7_4_17[1].gifI just wish they were closer to where we live. Thus my search for good pizza. Ohh and it is sad to say that Pizza Hut in Ayala was on the top of my list in Cebu before I found this place, where it would have been on the bottom of my list back home.
No offence but Pizza Hut, Domino Pizza and similar are simply far far away from the real Italian pizza which has thin base.The problem is that without a wood oven you can't achieve the best when it comes to pizza.However I could always bring some pizza makers and set up a big pizzeria...do you think the demand would be strong?
Forget about all the pizza places I've mentioned, because the best pizza ever only comes from the Italians with their secret home made sauces and dough and their home grown herbs, spices, cheeses and cuts of meat and or sausages! 30 yrs ago I found such a place when I was living in of all places in Bell City, Arizona. There was this Mom & Pop Italian Pizza restaurant that made the best ever authentic home made pizzas! Other than that, all other pizzas I ever had are just imitation pizzas in my book! SugarwareZ-034.gif
And that Michelangelo has a menu in nearly correct Italian so maybe the owner is Italian.I see the email address belongs to this domain:www.gustavian.phBut their Italian menu is full of misspellings...so it must not be the same owner....maybe. Edited by wallaby

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
<br />
Very Interesting topic.
And that Michelangelo has a menu in nearly correct Italian so maybe the owner is Italian.I see the email address belongs to this domain:www.gustavian.phBut their Italian menu is full of misspellings...so it must not be the same owner....maybe.
It is owned by the Gustavian group.Case closed,lolyou will find the real owner Michel here, http://cebuonlinedirectory.com/gustavian/

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

th_thholysheep.gifYeah I'm a pizza lover, if there was a good authentic pizza place nearby, I could probably live and survive just eating pizza everyday as long it had different toppings and also side dishes of pastas of different kinds and a garden salad with blue cheese dressing or a bottle of good olive oil! Filipino food just don't turn me on, except for a few favorites of mine like their Filipino style BBQ or adobo pork and chicken, ox tail kare-kare and a few fish dishes made from red snapper, tilapia, Atlantic cod, halibut, skate and stripe bass! Alaskan kippered salmon would be nice or king crabs! If only USDA steaks and or ribs were readily available in the Philippines, now that would be a different story or forum topic all together! And then again all those things I like to eat just may kill me due to my already high cholesterol level and gout, which BTW is under control for now! SugarwareZ-034.gif

Fast&Furious
Posted
Posted

so, can anyone tell me if local people will like true Italian pizza (not the 'cakes' sold by Domino) ?

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

th_thholysheep.gifHey! Don't knock it! as-if.gifDomino's pizzas comes close to being a good pizza amongst others, because they spent a lot of money researching, developing and imitating the Italian pizza! It's good enough for me! I like their tasty thick chewy sour dough crust, all others are like cardboard with no taste at all! If all the Italian Mamas of the world has a good secret sauce, cheese and dough crust, maybe and only then a good pizza will come out no matter what the toppings, especially in the Philippines!

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
so, can anyone tell me if local people will like true Italian pizza (not the 'cakes' sold by Domino) ?
I can tell you there are not a lot of locals willing to try new foods that cost more than the local foods and there not a lot of locals with the money to try if they desired to. Thus I would never attempt a business like that, unless you wanted to try a local variety such as cheap, thin crust pizza, topped with pineapple, dried fish, and tocino.