Can I Really Live On $1000 A Month In The Philippines

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Same thing in the US.  They spend millions of dollars to become Mayor... and make $60,000 a year? Riiiight...    Priced a Presidential campaign lately?   One thing all countries have in common - all politicians are crooks.

The $1,000 question is a tough one.  I find it easy to spend under $800 on my bills (rent, utilities, food etc) but my pocket money gets a little out of control sometimes.  And if you want to travel... it gets tight real quick.

• Like 2

Michael Stevens
Posted
Posted

I get $1,328 a month Social Security and a small income from investments (about $6,000 a year) and I have no trouble living here. I just built a new house which has aircon, high speed internet, satellite TV (Cignal) and I have no money problem. However, I do not have a car yet and I will not buy a motorcycle or tricycle, since in the 8 months I have been here, I already know one person who has been killed in a motorcycle accident. I would say that both my Philippine wife (who is expecting OUR first child) and I live much better than we could in the USA on the amount of money that I have coming in now. If I had to, I could live on less than $1,000 a month here in Argao, Cebu, which is out in the province. Mike

Thomas
Posted
Posted
One thing all countries have in common - all politicians are crooks.
Yes (almost). But in Sweden it can be hard life to be a crook politician, because we have most documents public, so it's a big risk it's noticed and here we protest hard against such, including media doing it too, some even checking such documents full time. Examples:

/A communication minister got sacked from the minister position, because the TV licence fee wasn't paid

/and probably next prime minister after next election otherwice, that party chosed to fire from the party leader position after media screemed about she had paid a chockolate bar  :lol:  with a credit card only ment for parlament work costs.

(But by MAKING it "legal" they manage to "cheat" geting much to good "cost coverage" and retirement pay  :bash:

So in Sweden it's an other level of cheating than in many other countries.

• 4 months later...
robert k
Posted
Posted

I hope the OP is doing well as he has not logged in for awhile.

• Like 2

the_whipster
Posted
Posted

in a word, no. Even I would not expect to live very well, on $1000 a month.

robert k
Posted
Posted

I could live like a king, a medieval king perhaps but still a king, with such marvels added such as fans,  electric lights and ride in horseless carriages. :)

Jake
Posted
Posted

I could live like a king, a medieval king perhaps but still a king, with such marvels added such as fans,  electric lights and ride in horseless carriages. :)

Hey Robert,

Whatever you smokin' soldier, I want some too......he, he.  Can you keep up as a medieval king with all

those maidens in distress?  Perhaps you should shop at Fredericks of Hollywood for other devices that

run on batteries.  Your maidens will marvel your marbles more.....he, he.

Realistically, I believe I can make it on 44,000 pesos a month ($1000) for may be, the first three months.  

After that, my GF would move in and I'm broke.....end of story.  

Realistically speaking.......

• Like 2

the_whipster
Posted
Posted

it is 60 minimum. Absolute minimum. And really, you need at least 80 if you have a girl to please. Each to their own.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Hey Robert,

Whatever you smokin' soldier, I want some too......he, he.  Can you keep up as a medieval king with all

those maidens in distress?  Perhaps you should shop at Fredericks of Hollywood for other devices that

run on batteries.  Your maidens will marvel your marbles more.....he, he.

Realistically, I believe I can make it on 44,000 pesos a month ($1000) for may be, the first three months.  

After that, my GF would move in and I'm broke.....end of story.  

Realistically speaking.......

Hi Jake

are we talking about your girlfriend or your personal trainer?

Yes you can live on $1000 a month but you have to learn how to and this can only be done with boots on the ground.I live on less not through choice but because of a bad management for my property in the UK.We don`t go without good food nice accommodation and a few treats a month. 

• Like 3