American Pisses Off The Wrong Neighbor

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I wonder how long before the American finds himself deported or worse. WTH, just wanted to scare the American, there must be a law against showing a gun in anger?Tension in subdivision? Byron uses AK-47 to scare American neighborCEBU, Philippines - Byron Garcia, one of the of Cebu Governor Gwendolyn Garcia, admitted to showing a firearm to an American national, who is his neighbor in Pooc, Talisay City. Byron, former consultant of the governor, reportedly got irked at his neighbor in Corona del Mar Subdivision.The American national allegedly put some speed bumps to slow down traffic in front of his residence, which Byron tried to call his attention to.The confrontation started when Garcia’s group took over the leadership of the homeowners association of the subdivision yesterday.Among the first things he did was to change the guards by removing those that were hired by the subdivision developer, Filinvest, with those from Password Security Agency.Garcia said that when he called the attention of his neighbor about the speed bumps, the American cussed at him. He alleged that the American told him, “I don’t care who you are. You are nobody.”Garcia said that he did not like what he heard and showed his AK-47 to the American and said, “Yes, I am nobody but I have this.” He said that the American ran away upon seeing the rifle.Garcia explained that his only intention was to scare the American and did not even point the gun at him.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
More on this story HERE I wonder if the American actually thinks he is going to win this battle? I guess we could call this thread Goodbye Morris. :unsure: PO2 Jason del Campo of the Talisay police said they received a distress call yesterday from Roselyn Yago, who complained that her American husband Morris was harassed at gunpoint by Garcia.No arrests were made. The police advised the couple to file a complaint. Garcia said he got angry after the American poked him with his fingers, pushed him twice and told him that he was a “nobody”. That’s when Garcia pulled out the AK-47 rifle from his pickup.Garcia dared the American and his wife to to file charges against him. He said he would file a complaint against the American with the Bureau of Immigration and has six witnesses to back it up.

Jake
Posted
Posted
More on this story HERE I wonder if the American actually thinks he is going to win this battle? I guess we could call this thread Goodbye Morris. :unsure: PO2 Jason del Campo of the Talisay police said they received a distress call yesterday from Roselyn Yago, who complained that her American husband Morris was harassed at gunpoint by Garcia.No arrests were made. The police advised the couple to file a complaint. Garcia said he got angry after the American poked him with his fingers, pushed him twice and told him that he was a “nobody”. That’s when Garcia pulled out the AK-47 rifle from his pickup.Garcia dared the American and his wife to to file charges against him. He said he would file a complaint against the American with the Bureau of Immigration and has six witnesses to back it up.
That's six "paid witnesses". Again, tribal mentality comes into play when a person of his stature still perceiveshimself as an untouchable. This "formal consultant" wanted to hire his buddies-buddies to be the new guardswhich will enhance his title as the lord of the sub-division. Hopefully, someone else will catch wind of this, like"Bitag" documentary TV series. Perhaps, the possession of that AK-47 is illegal. Certainly, his arrogance istypical of many "untouchables" to bluff their way out by intimidation. The nearest NPA should put a black ribbonon his door.
  • Like 2

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

The shear arrogance of this guy pulling out an AK-47 is way out of line. If the Philippine courts uphold that sort of behavior then there is truly no hope for the average citizen to gain any sort of justice. There is simply no justification in the civilized world for a person to brandish a weapon like that over a simple personal exchange of words. If the American guy does get deported over this incident, it would only enhance the ego of the guy who brandished the weapon. Next time he will just shoot the person he thinks is offending him.

• Like 2

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

It just backs up what we here already know. We have absolutely no rights here.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

had an foreigner done this, he would have been arrested right away or worse BEEN SHOT by this "genuis" and his bodyguards, its been said anything could be resolved for a few thousand pesos, (read between the lines) maybe some one is hungry and needs money to support his family, this son of garcia would be a perfect candidate for a lesson in behaviour modification

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

THis is why you RENT. As a Foreigner only invest what you can easily walk away from in Philippines.

• Like 3

sjp52
Posted
Posted

Its incidents like this that make me wonder if I really want to live in a place where people can just grab their Ak47 and start waving it around to scare people or maybe worse next time if he feels like it shoot some body. I have witness a few times right around where I live in CDO how people here deal with disagreements by using knifes or pipes to beat and stab each other. This really is a primitive place where laws are a joke and human life has no value. Can any body hear know for sure they will never get in a disagreement with any one here for the rest of their live living here in retirement. That idiot makes me laugh saying I showed him my gun and he ran away, I wonder what he would have done if things were reversed, He probably would have sh#t his pants. Well He who has the gun is the boss, So I guess we better get use to kissing their #ss.

• Like 2

oldutot
Posted
Posted

It's sounds like a boy living in the plastic bubble, If a foreigner wants to live in the Philippines.

Garpo
Posted
Posted

As I have said many times before. It is stuff like this that is going ot come back and haunt the Gorverment officials and many other people in the Philippines. This kind of stuff seems to be becoming more and more common along with robberys and murder. At some point all or many of us are going to just pack up and head for better pastures. Those that were sitting on the fence on deciding to move to the Philippines are certainly going think more than twice about it after seeing and reading about all of this kind of stuff. While the country does not need our money, it is certianly going to hurt them if we start spending our money in different countries other than the Philippines. We certainly are in a very deperate need for an organized group that can get the ear of the Government officials that are smart enough to know that it is to their best interest to try and keep us somewhat happy and at least give us a sense of fairness. Just my opinion!

• Like 3