American Pisses Off The Wrong Neighbor

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Back in the day pay phones cost a dime. “Drop a dime” is to tip off the police or whoever.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
The father was trying to protect his child from speeding cars?he put down simple barriers to slow down these cars. Correct? what is the issue? he was trying to save the life of his child& the lives of others. Seems that the cars/drivers have a DONT CARE attitude. HAD GARCIA put up the barriers and someone tried to remove his "property". what would this "genius" do then?or has this "genius" child been hit by a speeding car what would be his actions or behaviour? * word genius is used as other words would not be allowed on this forum, for me & perhaps others1.. we would make any modifications within our property to keep ourselves& children safe. modifications that will do the job without " being " a source of conflict / nuisance.2 .if our child was hit by a car, we would not have our Fingers up our anal cavitywe would find this person and pursue what LEGAL justice that is available. where is a marine sniper when you need one?1%20(72).gif1%20(72).gif yes jake i DO have a bad day when it comes to neighbours who obstruct safety for myself.my children or children of others
Lets face it, Morris had no permission to put up speed humps or signs in the subdivision he lives in,he lived there for two weeks and decided to do as he wanted too.I know I cant walk out into the street I live in and changes things without proper approval.

Jake
Posted
Posted
Back in the day pay phones cost a dime. “Drop a dime” is to tip off the police or whoever.
Way to go Dan, I could remember back in the late 60's that it only takes ten cents (dime)to make a local call using the public pay phone. Now, it's 75 cents..... It's been awhile, but do they have public payphone in PI? Anyway, that Byron guy is stilla douche bag!

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
The father was trying to protect his child from speeding cars?he put down simple barriers to slow down these cars. Correct? what is the issue? he was trying to save the life of his child& the lives of others. Seems that the cars/drivers have a DONT CARE attitude. HAD GARCIA put up the barriers and someone tried to remove his "property". what would this "genius" do then?or has this "genius" child been hit by a speeding car what would be his actions or behaviour? * word genius is used as other words would not be allowed on this forum, for me & perhaps others1.. we would make any modifications within our property to keep ourselves& children safe. modifications that will do the job without " being " a source of conflict / nuisance.2 .if our child was hit by a car, we would not have our Fingers up our anal cavitywe would find this person and pursue what LEGAL justice that is available. where is a marine sniper when you need one?1%20(72).gif1%20(72).gif yes jake i DO have a bad day when it comes to neighbours who obstruct safety for myself.my children or children of others
Ed I would very much like to defend the actions of the American, being an American myself but, whose responsibility is it to watch their children and stop them from going into the street, no matter where they are, be it home or out and about. IMHO a person cannot move into a neighborhood and live there for 2 weeks and expect to change behaviors that had gone on for years before he moved in, just because he does not like them, or he does not take due care of his child. Now if they said a car went up on the sidewalk and almost ran his child down, and he put up barriers on the sidewalk while the child played outside, then I could go along with that and in fact I see caution cones put up here in the US when children are playing near the street, so cars slow down. I think what is important here is that Morris foolishly called Garcia a nobody and insulted him without taking the time to find out why he felt the need to remove the barriers which were supposedly in the street. Streets are for cars, sidewalks are for people. Garcia is a Filipino, and Morris is not, so common courtesy would be to nicely ask why he was removing the barrier, and what authority he had to do so. What if Garcia turned out to be an off duty or undercover police officer and feared for his life, Morris would now be dead. Now did Garcia have a right to pull a gun to threaten Morris, that would depend on if Morris is a much larger intimidating man and was physically pushing Garcia around, or if it was just a verbal argument. I have read in some publications that Morris was poking his finger into Garcia's chest and pushing him back, so if that is true, then comes the fear for our life issue. I was not there but a person who has a carry permit, has a right to use deadly force if they fear for their life, so far we do not know if Garcia even had a right to take that AK out in the street because records are often screwed up in the Philippines that arrests are made only to find out that the person legally had the guns, but if he did have a permit to carry, and if he feared for his life because he was a much smaller person and Morris was becoming more and more physical and louder and louder to the point that Garcia felt his life was in danger, then he might have had a reason to pull out a gun, but from all I read so far, that was not the case, but that may end up the way it all plays out in the reports since Garcia will probably be protected. The old saying two wrongs do not make a right seems to apply, but from all I have read so far, it seems both parties were wrong, Garica for failing to identify himself, and Morris for not asking who the heck he was that he thought he had a right to remove his property. Had Morris asked Garcia nicely, my guess is that none of that would have ever happened, unless Morris is thinking like an American who actually thinks he has rights while in the Philippines. As for me, if I had children, then either I would not buy or rent a house on a busy street, or I would make the child play in the house or backyard and not allow the child to play in the street. I hope Morris is smart enough to apologize to Garcia, whether he feels he is right or not, because ending up deported and blacklisted and never being able to see his wife and child again over something as stupid as a barrier would be a real tragedy, and he should be thankful Garcia used restraint and did not shoot him and then cover his ass anyway he had to. If I was Morris, I would not escalate this issue and just go and apologize because they both were wrong, if news stories are to be believed.
  • Like 2

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Interesting comments in the news today which shows how the laws may be applied to this case, as if we did not know. So who do you think is going to win this one? Morris accused Byron of brandishing his AK-47 rifle at him during the dispute.Byron claimed that Morris insulted and poked his fingers at him after he tried to remove the metal barricade.He denied pointing the rifle at Morris and turned over his rifle to the authorities last Monday afternoon.SPO1 Joel Rosales of the Talisay City police said Morris has yet to file a complaint against Byron.“The gun was just shown to him. It is just a minor offense,” he said.Rosales said the case can be settled in the barangay hall.“They can also go directly to the Talisay police precinct and we will just guide them on how to file a complaint. If a minor case like this will be filed at the prosecutor's office, it will be dismissed,” he said.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

This took place in Talisay Cebu and the clowns name is Garcia figure the fix is in.

• Like 1

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Morris has already lost before it even got to the official level because he is a foreigner. Nothing more, nothing less....

• Like 2

brock
Posted
Posted
Lets face it, Morris had no permission to put up speed humps or signs in the subdivision he lives in,he lived there for two weeks and decided to do as he wanted too.I know I cant walk out into the street I live in and changes things without proper approval.
Its my understanding from reading the news article that Mr Morris did have permission to put up the signs from the owners of the estate, They even stated that they would back him if it went to court. Regards Brock.
  • Like 1

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Its my understanding from reading the news article that Mr Morris did have permission to put up the signs from the owners of the estate, They even stated that they would back him if it went to court. Regards Brock.
That is what is in the news story, yet there is a difference between the developer and the homeowners associations, once the owners take over. I am not sure how all this will play out but it all could have been avoided if Morris asked Garcia who he was, or if Garcia told Morris who he was, and then they both discussed it like adults instead of either or both using bravado.

mikejwoodnz
Posted
Posted

So this 56 year old "man" let's his 2 year old daughter play on the "road" ? - he needs a straight jacket not speed bumps - this solution is supposed to remove the problem ? Maybe some people will never get it. :541:

• Like 2