American Pisses Off The Wrong Neighbor

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

How many people on this forum find it hard to cross a road in Cebu safely? Why let your child play on the road?

• Like 1

sjp52
Posted
Posted
How many people on this forum find it hard to cross a road in Cebu safely? Why let your child play on the road?
Most parents don,t let their kids play on the road, But if by chance they get on that road you do not want a speeding car to run them over

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

It appears the American has woken up to the reality of how things will most likely work against him in the Philippines. It is good to see that both parties seem to want to settle this without pushing the issue. Two wrongs will never make a right, so if it were me, I would just apologize and let bygones be bygones. Cool heads think the best. Cheers to them both if that is the end of it all.Link“I think Byron has a good heart too. When it comes down to it, we can have a peaceful agreement and just let it go,” Morris told Cebu Daily News. Garcia, who surrendered his AK-47 to the Firearms, Explosives Security Guards and Agencies Supervisory Section (FESAGSS) early this week, said he pitied Morris' wife and 2-year-old daughter if the American would be blacklisted. Garcia said he also hoped the mediation would solve their differences.“ I hope he apologizes and admit to me that it was wrong of him to shout at a Filipino. I'll be okay with that,” Garcia said.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
Most parents don,t let their kids play on the road, But if by chance they get on that road you do not want a speeding car to run them over
Yes you are right . I know it is difficult to watch kids 24/7 and yes speeding drivers piss people off everywhere and cause problems for everyone else and usually walk away scot free.
  • Like 2

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

We have a little old lady living in our neighborhood, who's well to do and totes a gun with her where ever she goes! She even has a chauffeur and body guard available 24/7! No one messes around with Granny!

• Like 2

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted

Got me beat how guys here don't seem man enough to front up without a weapon whether fire arm or blade, etc.

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Now it gets interesting. http://www.philstar....bCategoryId=107 Byron charged for illegal possession of firearms CEBU, Philippines - The Talisay City police yesterday charged former Capitol security consultant Byron Garcia for alleged illegal possession of firearms before the Talisay City Prosecutor’s Office.The complaint stemmed from the September 18-incident wherein Garcia was allegedly wielding his AK-47 assault rifle at his neighbor, American national Wayne Morris inside the Corona del Mar subdivision.Morris, in his affidavit sworn before Talisay City Prosecutor Marshal Rubia last Sept 22, said Byron brandished his gun to him while saying, “Oh, yeah? I may be a nobody but I have this.”Byron, head of the homeowners’ association, got irked when Morris placed speed bumps in front of his house to slow down traffic.The complaint was supposed to be endorsed to the city prosecutor last Thursday, but was denied as it lacked another important affidavit from Superintendent Rex Derilo, chief of the Firearms and Explosive, Security Agencies Guards Supervision Section (FESAGS).SPO1 Joel Rosales, investigator of the case, said they were able to get Derilo’s affidavit at 3:45P.M.The Permit to Carry Firearms Outside Residence (PTCFOR) secretariat, through its chief, PSSupt Alex Botes Sintin, had already certified that the said high-powered firearm has no permit to carry.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Interesting. I am not sure what to make of that story from the part of that story below. Did they charge him or are they waiting for the document? :unsure: I feel for Morris and hope he wins because Garcia pulling a gun is a no no, but what are the chances Morris will end up winning this battle in the end . :D

The complaint was supposed to be endorsed to the city prosecutor last Thursday, but was denied as it lacked another important affidavit from Superintendent Rex Derilo, chief of the Firearms and Explosive, Security Agencies Guards Supervision Section (FESAGS).

• 2 weeks later...
Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Glad to see they worked out their differences. At least this way Morris will not end up deported. Byron, American settle feud in barangay hallThree weeks after they argued in a gun-toting incident in Corona del Mar, American resident Wayne Morris and Byron Garcia shook hands and settled their differences at the Pooc barangay hall in Talisay City yesterday morning.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
So this 56 year old "man" let's his 2 year old daughter play on the "road" ? - he needs a straight jacket not speed bumps - this solution is supposed to remove the problem ? Maybe some people will never get it. :wt-hell:
I have a 21 month old child it is very difficult to keep a watchful eye on my child when they have so much energy ( i am very lucky that the street i live on is very QUITE)any young child can run off from you quicker than "premature ejac...." again As i stated before this man was TRYING TO TAKE PREVENTATIVE measures.which seem to be LACKING in this country, If you take simple steps you can REDUCE NOT eliminate any possible risks,danger,injury.no one can disagree with me on this,NO ONE this father was doing what he knew to do to save/reduce any injury to his child or the other children nearby.since this story was 1st posted, it is now know he had permission from some authority, the problem i have noticed somethings NO ONE KNOWS WHO IS IN CHARGE .
  • Like 1