American Pisses Off The Wrong Neighbor

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Here in the Philippines, it's all about who you know, who has influence and money to give to the right people for party favors! It is against the law to brandish any fire arm at anyone! One just may get killed for filing a complaint or one may get justice with some luck! Good luck!

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

just curious,, very curious, (may be off topic so bear with me)Had this been in ANOTHER COUNTRY & the "native" or local had done this to a RP citizen(Perhaps this persons daddy/mother/uncle/aunt is a RP elected official) What would be the "press"coverage (there in the RP)?What would be the repercussions to the "foreigners" here in the RP? speaking from NOT my personal experience,but what I have witness ,, (IS the Local police would arrest the person with "AK-47" ,Automatically verify the persons "criminal history" Then verify if the "AK-47" is legit.or not.after this "process". They(police/investigators )would determine either to charge this person or release from custody.)

Edited by ed villas

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
just curious,, very curious, (may be off topic so bear with me)Had this been in ANOTHER COUNTRY & the "native" or local had done this to a RP citizen(Perhaps this persons daddy/mother/uncle/aunt is a RP elected official) What would be the "press"coverage (there in the RP)?What would be the repercussions to the "foreigners" here in the RP? speaking from NOT my personal experience,but what I have witness ,, (IS the Local police would arrest the person with "AK-47" ,Automatically verify the persons "criminal history" Then verify if the "AK-47" is legit.or not.after this "process". They(police/investigators )would determine either to charge this person or release from custody.)
Ed, Bottom line, as I already mentioned in my OP, it's unlawful to brandish any fire arm at anyone period! Just take your chances in filing a complaint at the nearest PNP station! See if you will get any results by way of getting killed yourself or maybe get justice if you're lucky! Filipinos are well known for their temperament to keep a grudge and or they will retaliate in any way so they can get even weather they were in the wrong or not! So, good luck!
  • Like 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I agree with Art, it's who you know or if Filipino your family name.In this case a real Garcia on the island of Cebu it would be very foolish in the extreme a Foreigner would have any negative interaction with a member of that family. We all must just play within the rules. Keep in mind that Mr. Morris could be a total tool shed we don't know the facts and the local paper is not likely to be objective to do with a family member of the Governor.

• Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Curious,, If we( those who are visitors,non natives etc) commit or attempt to do such a "action" we could be "deported" .or our VISA revoked? Correct?if this "genius" has a US visa?Could it be possible that his visa could be "revoked" as his behaviour is a possible threat to others?Holding a Visa in another country is subject to (cancellation)revoking ? Correct ? Would this be away to stop such "foolishness" towards the guests/visitors to the RP. by notifying the citizens countrythat " juan doe" has acted/behaved in such a manner that he could be a "possible" danger or threat? would this work? is it practical? (feedback is appreciated) :lol:

• Like 1

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Update on this, but what are the real chances anything will be done to someone with the power? Of course he can always use the story that he was on the way to the range or on his way back, I would guess there would be no point in owning a gun if one could not shoot it anywhere. :o Anyone know? Bayron Garcia may lose gun licenseCEBU, Philippines - An official of Police Regional Office –7 said he would recommend for the revocation of Bayron Garcia’s license if it is proven that he brought his AK-47 rifle outside his residence without permit.Firearms and Explosives Division (FED) chief Rex Derilo said he is looking into whether Garcia, brother of Cebu Governor Gwendolyn Garcia, has a special permit that allows him to carry his rifle outside his residence.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

and then there is this story. So the guy only lives there 2 weeks and already he wants to get into it with the governors brother. His daughter almost gets run over in the road, now I wonder whose fault that might be, the road and those nasty vehicles that use the road of course. I wonder who will win. I’LL STAND UP TO THAT BULLY’ 9/20/2011American father ready to sue Byron for brandishing assault rifle The American businessman who faced off an angry brother of Gov. Gwendolyn Garcia said he would file charges against the man who brandished an AK-47 assault rifle at him in a flareup over road barriers outside the foreigner’s house in Talisay City.Wayne Morris, 56, said he didnt’ know the armed man who “acted like a bully” was Byron Garcia, a former Capitol security consultant, until after the Sunday encounter.“He’s bullied us and tried to be a dictator,” Morris told Cebu Daily News yesterday.The two men argued heatedly about 8 a.m. Sunday over three metal barriers with “Slow Down” signs put up by Morris on the street where he lives.Morris, who moved in two weeks ago, said he had the signs put up after his 2-year two-year-old daughter was almost run down by a speeding car in Corona del Mar, barangay Pooc, Talisay City.

Jake
Posted
Posted
and then there is this story. So the guy only lives there 2 weeks and already he wants to get into it with the governors brother. His daughter almost gets run over in the road, now I wonder whose fault that might be, the road and those nasty vehicles that use the road of course. I wonder who will win. I’LL STAND UP TO THAT BULLY’ 9/20/2011 American father ready to sue Byron for brandishing assault rifle The American businessman who faced off an angry brother of Gov. Gwendolyn Garcia said he would file charges against the man who brandished an AK-47 assault rifle at him in a flareup over road barriers outside the foreigner’s house in Talisay City.Wayne Morris, 56, said he didnt’ know the armed man who “acted like a bully” was Byron Garcia, a former Capitol security consultant, until after the Sunday encounter.“He’s bullied us and tried to be a dictator,” Morris told Cebu Daily News yesterday.The two men argued heatedly about 8 a.m. Sunday over three metal barriers with “Slow Down” signs put up by Morris on the street where he lives.Morris, who moved in two weeks ago, said he had the signs put up after his 2-year two-year-old daughter was almost run down by a speeding car in Corona del Mar, barangay Pooc, Talisay City.
My understanding of the gun laws there is that you must have permit To Carry Firearm Outside Residence (PTCFOR).Furthermore, high powered fully automatic assault rifles in the hands of civilians? And finally, he should have listenedto the reasons that motivated the American to put up the barriers to begin with. This Byron turkey is a certified ass andsomeone should drop a dime on him. Any NPA's out there?
  • Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

The father was trying to protect his child from speeding cars?he put down simple barriers to slow down these cars. Correct? what is the issue? he was trying to save the life of his child& the lives of others. Seems that the cars/drivers have a DONT CARE attitude. HAD GARCIA put up the barriers and someone tried to remove his "property". what would this "genius" do then?or has this "genius" child been hit by a speeding car what would be his actions or behaviour? * word genius is used as other words would not be allowed on this forum, for me & perhaps others1.. we would make any modifications within our property to keep ourselves& children safe. modifications that will do the job without " being " a source of conflict / nuisance .2 .if our child was hit by a car, we would not have our Fingers up our anal cavitywe would find this person and pursue what LEGAL justice that is available. where is a marine sniper when you need one?1%20(72).gif1%20(72).gif yes jake i DO have a bad day when it comes to neighbours who obstruct safety for myself.my children or children of others

Edited by ed villas
  • Like 1

sjp52
Posted
Posted
and then there is this story. So the guy only lives there 2 weeks and already he wants to get into it with the governors brother. His daughter almost gets run over in the road, now I wonder whose fault that might be, the road and those nasty vehicles that use the road of course. I wonder who will win. I’LL STAND UP TO THAT BULLY’ 9/20/2011 American father ready to sue Byron for brandishing assault rifle The American businessman who faced off an angry brother of Gov. Gwendolyn Garcia said he would file charges against the man who brandished an AK-47 assault rifle at him in a flareup over road barriers outside the foreigner’s house in Talisay City.Wayne Morris, 56, said he didnt’ know the armed man who “acted like a bully” was Byron Garcia, a former Capitol security consultant, until after the Sunday encounter.“He’s bullied us and tried to be a dictator,” Morris told Cebu Daily News yesterday.The two men argued heatedly about 8 a.m. Sunday over three metal barriers with “Slow Down” signs put up by Morris on the street where he lives.Morris, who moved in two weeks ago, said he had the signs put up after his 2-year two-year-old daughter was almost run down by a speeding car in Corona del Mar, barangay Pooc, Talisay City.
My understanding of the gun laws there is that you must have permit To Carry Firearm Outside Residence (PTCFOR).Furthermore, high powered fully automatic assault rifles in the hands of civilians? And finally, he should have listenedto the reasons that motivated the American to put up the barriers to begin with. This Byron turkey is a certified ass andsomeone should drop a dime on him. Any NPA's out there?
Hi Jake, I have never heard that saying before ( someone should drop a dime on him ) , What does it mean and how did come to be